Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OC Position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

OC Position

Jan 6, 2011, 6:14 PM

I am fairly new to these boards but I have noticed alot of people saying negative things about both the frontrunners for the OC job Fridge and Morris. I guess I dont have many points on this thing or whatever but heres what i think take it or leave it...

First with Morris, the guy has only been in college football for one year. I have seen people saying that means he cant call plays... That logic is terrible. I agree that experience is good but that does not mean the guy cant coach and call plays. How many of you have sat down and studied film from Tulsa games this year? If you have done so and still feel cautious about him then your opinion is solid. I bet not a single person on this site has studied a single film of him as OC (Myself Included). I know one thing though, Dabo Swinny has studied these films, and aparently Mike Gundy has as well. Obviously there is something in those films that make Morris appealing as a big time OC.

With the Fridge, he has done the job before. But he is getting age on him, and has been pretty inconsistent with his production. I have seen on these boards that his inconsisancy and age indicate that he will fail. But that is terrible logic too. I for one have never studied Marland film or games in each of his seasons there. There are many variables that could have caused the swings in production. And does age make him call bad plays? One thing about him is he has won in the past and was actually ACC coach of the year. If hired he would be more than capable of getting the job done.

I think alot of people on here underestimate Dabo. They think they know more about football than him. The guy has been involved in college football for a long time. How many people on here have personally been involved in a college football coaching search before? Dabo knows what he is doing. When he hires someone it will be a guy that he has done tons of homework on. Homework is not looking at records on wikapedia and making a decision based on that. He will study the films, coaching tendencies, etc. and will hire who he thinks will help us best. I guarantee he is capable of hiring a good OC, and I also guarantee he wants good one just as much as any of us do. For him the stakes are high, his job and future depends on it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OC Position

Jan 6, 2011, 6:27 PM

I am Clover Class of 73, well thought out post

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Jan 6, 2011, 6:33 PM

amen and amen

Jan 6, 2011, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: OC Position ]

'96 and I agree :)

Jan 6, 2011, 6:33 PM

keep on posting,you actually make a logical,very sensible post.not used to that!

Agreed.***

Jan 6, 2011, 6:35 PM

Keep posting and here is a point for you!***

Jan 6, 2011, 6:37 PM

Very nice post....well thought out....

Jan 6, 2011, 6:46 PM

You should post more often. A lot of people on here post to just post and instigate. You have to filter through those to find posts like yours that are actually insightful and relevant. That being said, some of the others will give you a good laugh during the day.

Jan 6, 2011, 6:49 PM

WOW!!! Some sane people still do exist.

Jan 6, 2011, 6:55 PM

Wonderful post but you will find out on here that a lot are not true Clemson fans. Keep up the good work!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take ...

Jan 6, 2011, 6:58 PM

Whomever gets the job, DS should tell them on day one ...

"Do not throw the dang fade everytime we get inside the 10 ... our receivers are only 6 feet tall."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is the dumbo that called that play. Napier made that

Jan 6, 2011, 7:09 PM

very clear when asked and he said it was a "Clemson staff call". In other words, "I was over ruled by Dabo, who called the fade".

More like bad take....

Jan 6, 2011, 8:03 PM [ in reply to My take ... ]

the receiver slipped and fell. It happens sometimes. That doesnt make it a bad call nor a bad coaching philosophy. For goodness sake, get over it .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fridge is not being considered for job***

Jan 6, 2011, 6:59 PM

and you know this how?***

Jan 6, 2011, 7:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

He had an intermediary express interest...

Jan 6, 2011, 9:07 PM

but it has not been reciprocated.

Jan 6, 2011, 7:21 PM

When you see a post by Blue_Caddy, pay it no attention. He is just a Coot with a $235.00 MAACO paint job. His true colors are G&B.

Jan 6, 2011, 7:28 PM

with Dabo's youth/inexperience as a head coach, our record this season and his desire to run the offense... I wonder if making him our offensive coordinator and hiring a head coach (perhaps Friedgen) wouldn't be our best option.

Jan 8, 2011, 11:46 PM

When did they put that option on the table?

How would that even happen?! If you were Dabo, would you

Jan 8, 2011, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: OC Position ]

...stick around after a demotion? Pretty ridiculous.

You can't demote someone, that's why Napier was let go.

Jan 9, 2011, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Re: OC Position ]

To much of a chance for ill will or to possibly rock the boat. You either fire or don't change. There are no other options.

Jan 9, 2011, 12:49 AM

We will find out if he makes good decisions. Do not forget he hired Napier when many of us knew that he needed to go out and get proven coordinators. Tulsa can be a proving ground Clemson is not. By the time you take over at Clemson you need to have proven success. When you hire a coach like Dabo, he is more or less the face, the recruiter, and the GM of the football team. This is fine, BUT you better make great hiring decisions. I hope he learned alot this year and he will need to take a more hands off approach on the O moving forward. I hope this OC works out whoever it may be.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic