Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As I sit in Afghanistan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

As I sit in Afghanistan

Nov 21, 2010, 2:25 AM

i get on a computer that has internet in our COC about once a week.....i have watched the season unfold from a distance, not being able to see the Tigers play but i realize that the season hasn't been what it should have been. I'm reminded of a few things from the past:
1. 1980 when a 5-5 Tiger team hit the Chickens in the mouth 27-6 and i watched Jeff Davis, Jeff Bryant, Terry Kinard and Andy Headen pound George Rogers into the ground all day with very little to play for other than pride.
2. After 33 years of being a Tiger fanatic i realize that i haven't mellowed with age....i despise the Chickens and always will. I'm from Columbia and 0-11 isn't good enough for me for those clowns. I take no pride in them being from SC and I hope that we come out and plant facemasks in their face and orange and purple scars all over their helmets, ruining their little Top 20 season and all that the SEC thinks they are.
I still haven't recovered from the garbage game last year where we bought into the ACC crap where the Chicken game didn't "mean" a lot....The day that Clemson plays those clowns like the game doesn't matter is the day that i feel like puking while watching. Yes, they are not a conference game, yes, it doesn't hurt us in the ACC championship run....i get it....but any Clemson fan or player that doesn't want to pound them into the turf is not a true Tiger as far as I'm concerned. As i sit here next Saturday in Sangin, Afghanistan, on patrol or gearing up for another patrol/firefight/ambush, etc. with my Marines I pray to God that DV sounds like an earthquake and the Tigers come out and play like the Chickens tried to steal something from us. I pray that all of you who go to the game make DV an absolute miserable place for the Chickens to try to play in and I pray that our defense hits them with a passion, making them realize that they will NEVER be a football school...they'll NEVER have our tradition and they'll NEVER have a swagger that comes with having a PAW on your helmet, a ROCK to rub, a DV to play in and Orange and Purple running through your veins.....all of you remember that we are Clemson Tigers til we die and the Shamecocks will forever be chasing our tailpipes. Make DV explode and watch the Tigers remind them of who the Big Dogs in SC really are.
GySgt D'Alesandro, T. A. USMC
3rd Battalion 5th Marines
Sangin, Afghanistan

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I sit in Afghanistan

Nov 21, 2010, 2:41 AM

Stay safe my friend and God bless you. Y'all are heros and I am so proud of you. Go Tigers!

With a screen name like that, you have to be my man.....

Nov 21, 2010, 2:56 AM

thanks brother....been a Yankee fan since i was 9, watching the '77 Series when Reggie hit 3 bombs and my father let me stay up and watch on a school night....thanks man....GO TIGERS!

Nov 21, 2010, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: As I sit in Afghanistan ]

Thank you for quite possibly the best post I have ever seen. All these so called fans over here want to fire coaches and have all the awnsers take for grant it actually being able to watch our tigers each week. Thank you for all you do and we pray for yall constantly. I will think about you and how blessed we are when I am screaming loud enough for you and me in DV Sat. as we punish the chickens for steping on our field. Be safe and hope your able to come home soon. By the way I have a brother in law who's in 3rd bat. 6th Marines who is supposed to be home in Jan. Thank You from all who love the tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for your first post - you should do so more

Nov 21, 2010, 8:35 AM

often . We need more "voices of reason" who actually sound like the Clemson fans I grew up around .

Nov 21, 2010, 3:27 AM
DSCN0843.jpg(751.7 K)

Thanks for your service. My uncle is army and was deployed in Afganistan twice and served with some guys that were clemson fans, sent me back that picture of the black hawk.

Listen for us on gameday, I'm losin my voice just thinkin about it.

God Bless and stay safe

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2010, 5:10 AM

AMEN! Thank you and stay safe!!

Nov 21, 2010, 6:35 AM

A thank you for what you do is not enough. Just wanted to say it anyway.

Nov 21, 2010, 7:25 AM

Way to tell it Gunney. Best post I've read this year. That is exactly how true tigers feel. I hope someone that knows Dabo will forward to him and have it read to every player on the team so there is absolutly no doubt how important this game is to true tiger fans everywhere. Thank you.

Quote "Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she had laid an asteroid." Mark Twain commenting on the Lamecocks.

SIr, thanks for your service to protect our country.

Nov 21, 2010, 7:19 AM

and being one of the fans on the hill in 1980 I went to that game thinking we had no chance. It was without a doubt one of my favorite games ever as a Clemson alum. This team will be a huge underdog with "nothing" to play for. Time for this "all in" crap to become more than words. Time for actions to speak louder than words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be blessed, your a Great American and a Tiger Fan!!!!!***

Nov 21, 2010, 8:09 AM

Stay safe, Guns! And know that this Marine will do her part

Nov 21, 2010, 8:21 AM

in making DV an untenable position!

s/f SDH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Semper Fi, Sis

Nov 21, 2010, 10:43 AM

i take it you're at Quantico?....did two years there and loved it....raise hell for me Saturday and get ready for some snow in Q-town.......we got killed with it both years i was there at TBS in CI company.....S/F, D

I am at Quantico. Still make the drive down to DV for all

Nov 22, 2010, 9:53 AM

the games. Yep, I've been here for two of the three biggest snow seasons (1996 and 2009). I've got the shovel at the ready.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2010, 8:29 AM

Words cannot express my thanks for your bravery and sacrifice. I could not agree more with your assessment of those fowls from Columbia. Rest assured that my group will do our part to make Death Valley a miserable place to play for the "crass coots". Stay safe and God Bless.

Nov 21, 2010, 8:36 AM

Thank you for serving our country! I was at the 1980 game and remember the beatdown, it was beautiful. I will be in the Valley Saturday evening yelling for you!

Nov 21, 2010, 8:44 AM

Amen. Godspeed and thank you for your service. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2010, 8:55 AM

God Bless You Gunny. I was over there a couple of years ago myself during this time of year. Thank you for what you and your Marines do each day as well as all the other Members of the Armed Forces. I will be in Death Valley Saturday Night hollerin my head off and remembering what you said!!! You and your families are in my Prayers each day!!! GODSPEED!!!

Clemson Soldier

Somebody please make sure Dabo reads this to the team. wow!***

Nov 21, 2010, 8:48 AM

Re: Somebody please make sure Dabo reads this to the team. wow!***

Nov 21, 2010, 8:57 AM

Amen. If this doesn't fire you up...nothing will!

Nov 21, 2010, 8:59 AM

thanks for your service

Nov 21, 2010, 9:00 AM

I will be there cheering my heart out and losing my voice in the process. I want our defensive line to sack Car-keya several times and to show Lattimore what a real football school is like. A few visor throws would be good too.

God speed to you and your soldiers. I pray for your safety and I am glad you are on our side!!

Wow ... great post!!!! Thank you for your service!!!***

Nov 21, 2010, 9:08 AM

Nov 21, 2010, 9:11 AM

GUNNY,
I am proud to know that we continue to have such GREAT AMERICANS (such as yourself) standing on the front lines so that we might continue to enjoy our freedoms. You all are the ones who contiunue to sacrifice and remain "ALL IN" every day. I can personally promise you this. You wil get a shot out during cocky's funeral this comimg Friday. I also promise you that I will be louder than I have ever been in the VALLEY (for I certainly fear no chicken). If you are EVER again in the CLEMSON AREA (I pray you will be)I would be honored to meet you and give you a tour of the Scroll of Honor.
My prayer is that you and all our soldiers, sailors and airmen return home safe. I ask a special blessing for all of you as you serve especially during this holiday season. Now a chicken plucking (I guess that is the strongest language I can use here) is the least thing the fans and the TIGER team can wrap and present to you and other TIGER family members who are serving all over this world. DANG this game is 6 days away and I can't wait. GOD BLESS YOU GUNNY!!!!!!!!
sandy edge (a proud vet who served 28 years)

THANK YOU!!!!!***

Nov 21, 2010, 9:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless you and keep you safe..

Nov 21, 2010, 9:29 AM

Thank you for what you are doing for our country.

Nov 21, 2010, 9:31 AM

Thank you and I agree with you 100% Thank you so much for serving. Let us know when you are back in the states. Have a wonderful and safe holiday! God Bless! Stay Strong as the Vine!!

SEMPER FI!

Nov 21, 2010, 9:31 AM

Happy late Marine Corps Birthday!

Nov 21, 2010, 9:58 AM

God Bless You for your service to our country. I have a Brother in Law who is a Marine, and is in his 5th year I think. He has done 2 tours to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan. I also have a customer who is a member of the reserves that is in training now, and will be making his second tour over in February.

I have a tremendous respect for all members of the military after hearing some of the stories. Like someone else has said, you guys are the true heros.

Your post was probably one of the best I have read on any board. You, Sir, are one of the reasons I am proud to be a Clemson fan.

Be safe.

Without even reading what you wrote 1st of all thank you for

Nov 21, 2010, 10:01 AM

your sacrifice Gunny.

Preach on and thanks for all you guys do.***

Nov 21, 2010, 10:09 AM

Nov 21, 2010, 10:13 AM

We are all very thankful for all you and your fellow soldiers do for us! Stay Safe & Come Home Soon!!!! I will rock death valley for you and all that fight for my freedom!!!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Nov 21, 2010, 8:49 PM

From a Gamecock fan: Thank you for your service for our country. And I admire your passion for the Tigers; I can't stand bandwagon fans of any team that disappear when things aren't going well. Saturday will be a dogfight

Nov 23, 2010, 12:28 AM

We have not gone anywhere my coot friend.

Thank you for your service. God bless you and keep

Nov 21, 2010, 10:37 AM

you safe. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2010, 10:44 AM

Bless you for being there and our prayers for your safety. You're a true Tiger in all ways.

THAT'S what I'm talking bout!!! God Bless and stay safe!!!*****

Nov 21, 2010, 11:25 AM

Nov 21, 2010, 2:27 PM

Thank you for your service. You got my blood pumping. I sometimes forget just how important beating Usuck is. You helped me remember for sure. Thanks again, stay safe and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To all the whiners on Tigernet

Nov 21, 2010, 2:59 PM

That want Carolina to win to some how help their feelings. read this until you have it memorized and you understand what it means to be a Clemson MAN or WOMAN - not a pansy-@$$.
Thank you gunny for your service and love of Clemson.

....now where are my PADS, WOW! BEST POST !!!!

Nov 21, 2010, 3:17 PM

Stay safe Marine! Love you Man!

Best Post Ever

Nov 21, 2010, 3:21 PM

Thank you and God bless you, your family, fellow soldiers and God Bless America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hire this man as AD...President...gosh darn Trustee!***

Nov 21, 2010, 3:27 PM

Whatever Pedophille Thumbs Downed This Post Should Drink

Nov 21, 2010, 3:30 PM

Bleach and Choke Themself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best post of the season. Thanks for your service***

Nov 21, 2010, 5:46 PM

somebody get this to the team!!***

Nov 21, 2010, 7:13 PM

in progress!***

Nov 21, 2010, 8:20 PM

Re: somebody get this to the team!!***

Nov 21, 2010, 8:32 PM [ in reply to somebody get this to the team!!*** ]

I agree. I wish I could suit up and hit the Chickens after reading that. I will be there and will hollar until no sound will come out of my mouth if that is what it takes. That is the least I can do for our Marine Tiger faithful.

Already done!!***

Nov 21, 2010, 9:13 PM [ in reply to somebody get this to the team!!*** ]

OORAH GUNNY! SEE YOU SOON!***

Nov 21, 2010, 7:15 PM

We are praying for your safe rteturn. May God bless and

Nov 21, 2010, 7:23 PM

keep you. Thank you for your service to our country.
My Daddy went to Clemson and served in World War II and was wounded there. My husband served in Korea during the sixties so I know what it means to family to have someone overseas.
We think about our soldiers daily and wish all of you well.
Meanwhile, Death Valley will be loud and proud Saturday night for the chickens' arrival. Hope our team does well for us and you serving over there.
Again, God Bless!

^^^What he said^^^***

Nov 21, 2010, 7:29 PM

Hey Crump! Why can't I point this at least 100x??

Nov 21, 2010, 7:44 PM

Post of the Year!!

oohRah Gunny!***

Nov 21, 2010, 8:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can this guy give the pre-game and halftime speech??!!

Nov 21, 2010, 9:16 PM

come home safe.

Semper Fi

Clemson Blues Brothers

Nov 21, 2010, 9:38 PM

God bless you for defending our country and serving our Armed Forces. My father was a Devil Dog and I was a squid. We appreciate your sacrifice. Even if you have the unfortunate affliction of being a clemson man.

Thank you for defending our country

Nov 21, 2010, 9:48 PM

Make it home safe so you can help us make Death Valley a hell hole for the coots when you get back.

Hall of fame post, gave me some serious chills. Will be there on Saturday night doing my best to make Garcia's eardrums bleed.

Let's rock the ####### valley folks.

Great words there, TD. Reminds me of a guy I knew growing

Nov 21, 2010, 9:53 PM

up in Columbia. Miss you, man.

Get it done over there and get back soon. We won't let you down this weekend.

Louis

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You Fight There & WE TIGERS Will Fight For You Here!!!!!

Nov 21, 2010, 10:13 PM

Stay safe and know the ORANGE & PURPLE will be fighting for you over here in good ole Clemson USA...with a win over the Coots for sure. Love your spirit and wish you could give the team it's pre-game pep talk.

Cordially, "Lightbulb" Bill from Hilton Head Island, SC

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2010, 3:18 PM

Semper Fi, Sargent. Be blessed. Be safe. You have our gratitude for what you do for us.

What three terrorists gave this a thumbs down??***

Nov 22, 2010, 3:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 22, 2010, 3:50 PM

Thanks

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Nov 22, 2010, 4:00 PM

Thanks for taking time to speak to us.
As we get geared up for the big game, its important for us to remember there are Tiger fans out there like you serving a bigger purpose. Thank you for what you are doing and hopefully our boys will clean house for you.

Go Tigers.
Go USA.

May God Bless you and keep you safe! A heart felt thank you!***

Nov 22, 2010, 4:25 PM

Thanks for your service in our military. We are so lucky to

Nov 22, 2010, 4:33 PM

have such a strong military and one that gives so much without questions or complaining. May God bless you and all the troups out there defending our freedoms in the Great USA! Point for your post and point for your service!

God Bless you Marine, may you all come home safe and soon...***

Nov 22, 2010, 4:51 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lest we forget.***

Nov 22, 2010, 8:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2010, 8:57 PM

Nice post. Most of all thanks for your service and Happy Thanksgiving. I will be screaming and supporting as much as possible Saturday at DV!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Read it and weep Coot trollers. U will always SuC!***

Nov 24, 2010, 8:06 PM

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic