Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This SHOULD NOT be the winter of our discontent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

This SHOULD NOT be the winter of our discontent

Nov 14, 2010, 1:28 PM

Blaming Dabo/BN for a down where we passed when we should have run is WORSE than me blaming a loss on the officials. On a given play, had the pass been completed BN is a genius. When it was incomplete, Dabo and BN are incompetent.

Our offense WILL NOT RUN at all unless we pass the ball. And hindsight is BETTER than 20/20. Critics fail to take into account what the defense is doing to get to KP or hurry up a pass. + What a defensive back is doing to a receiver. Or what the opponent is doing to our OL.

Critics do not take into account what Dabo has left in talent. Coaches are supposed to have 5 years before they get evaluated. Time to install their system and recruit their players. Yet we are Burning our football program at the stake in less than 2 years!

AND, what about our DEFENSE? They stopped FSU's drives all night long save, what ONE drive? Did it all go unnoticed?

If you will recall the coots hired Lou. It was their BEST OPTION at the time. They suffered through what, 21 straight LOSSES? But the coots were loyal enough to stand behind Lou. They looked for ways to show the program they cared. Like "Brownie day." Seems like a half-baked, silly @ssed idea. But the team and coaches got the message.

What MESSAGE are we sending to our athletes and coaches???

Clemson fans should not despair. Cut out the whiney bi+ching WE NEED TO BOLSTER THE TEAM. Praise/thank KP for his unselfish contributions. Praise the team for their sacrafices and effort. Let Dabo know "Tough loss coach. But there will be OTHER Saturdays."

Win or lose, we are WITH YOU Tigers!!!

Now if you want to voice your discontent, take aim at the real causes for our present situation: The BOT, Barker, and TDP. They are the ones who rewarded and sustained TB when he had clearly lost any leadership he might ever had. They are the ones who cower down to the ACC when we should be running full page ads in the New York Times about officials who are incompetent, in poor physical shape and have agendas other than enforcing the rule book. I could go on about the BOT, Barker, TDP but I won't.

We are sitting around in rubble today because of gross incompetence and mismanagement at the highest levels.

All is not well with our athletic program. But it is self-destructive and counterproductive to vent our spleen at the OBVIOUS targets.

Attack the root causes!

Support our student athletes!!!

-GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please do not compare us to the Gamecocks again.

Nov 14, 2010, 1:46 PM

Thank you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Point noted. It was only an example. coots suck!***

Nov 14, 2010, 2:19 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo got the job because he recruited the talent

Nov 14, 2010, 1:48 PM

So, for the most part, these are his guys. There was no breaking in period, heck, Dabo didn't even have to move or put together a new staff. He just had to pack his stuff down the hallway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo recruited for TB. Did the BOT give TB the facilities

Nov 14, 2010, 2:25 PM

they PROMISED him, on the time line promised, when TB was hired?

Had they, Dabo might have recruited players with more stars. Instead of this perceived drought,
we might [-GAG!] be the darlings of the Game Day crew.

Takes time...those calling for Dabo are doing so b/c he's

Nov 14, 2010, 1:48 PM

from TB's staff. However, I think some would be calling for Gary Peterson or whoever (insert coaches name) to be "fired" right now as well. Then some would say, "it takes time". Dabo is from TB's staff, but it's too early to say he's failed. To evaluate now would be failing everyone.

dabos job was to get us over the hump....

Nov 14, 2010, 6:44 PM

yet that hump keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Brad Scott was the coach of the coots in the loosing streak

Nov 14, 2010, 1:57 PM

and he was promptly fired.

Uh, BS = 1-10, Holtz = 0-11 =21 losses. Nice try, though!***

Nov 14, 2010, 2:43 PM

0-11 = 21 losses sorry didn't know that***

Nov 14, 2010, 7:35 PM

"Brad Scott was coach of the coots in the losing streak"

Nov 14, 2010, 3:20 PM

^^^^^^^^
quoting you

BS was 1-10 =21 losses
DIDN'T KNOW THAT!

^^^^ Fail***

Nov 14, 2010, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Uh, BS = 1-10, Holtz = 0-11 =21 losses. Nice try, though!*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sorry to sully a coot's memory of THE GREAT Lou Holtz!!!***

Nov 14, 2010, 3:27 PM

No you failed at reading comprehension***

Nov 14, 2010, 3:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

"Brad Scot was the coach of the coots in the losing streak"

Nov 14, 2010, 4:05 PM

Above is a quote.

It reads the "loosing(sic) streak" was BS's fault.
10 losses were.

11 losses were under "THE GREAT Looser(sic)." Saviour to Cootlumia and CHAMPION to coots everywhere."

Read this: 11>10

This is...

Nov 14, 2010, 1:57 PM

nanny pandering, whiny, candy arsed, feel good, all in, kool aid drinking, feel good, win 8 games and its ok, touchy feely, crap that has gotten us in the position we are in today...you my friend are full of horse pooty....WE SHOULD BE SICK TO OUR STOMACHS SO MUCH THAT WE REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS HORSE SH%T AND DEMAND SOMETHING BE DONE TO CORRECT THIS POLITICAL CORRECT MESS WE HAVE AT MY ALMA MATER!!!

Re: This is...

Nov 14, 2010, 2:03 PM

You are right and if Napier is here next year thats a slap in our the fans faces.

Nov 14, 2010, 2:28 PM [ in reply to This is... ]

We are suppose to feel good about the direction of the program-we are 5-5 with talent that would suggest we should be 8-2. Some of these people would find a ray of sunshine if we were 0-10.

Nov 14, 2010, 2:32 PM

Now I am not pleased by any means at our current state, but, generally people live better lives with a "glass half full" philosophy. So no need to bash on people who don't view the world in the "gloom and doom" sense you seem to.

I was with you until you started blaming the administration.

Nov 14, 2010, 3:44 PM

Other than giving Bowden the extension (which, at the time, could have been argued as the right move), I don't have a problem with any decisions that have been made. The administration has supported hefty raises for our coaches when they perform well, and has spent millions on facility upgrades to give our coaches the best chance possible to recruit well and succeed. That's hardly the mark of an administration that doesn't care about athletics.

Blaming the president and Board of Trustees when things aren't perfect with the school's athletic teams is almost always a lame move.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Our athletic programs aren't performing at the levels we ...

Nov 14, 2010, 3:55 PM

expect them to. So who do we hold accountable? Seems to me you have to say the AD. If not him, you're back to Barker and the BOT.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pansy post I bet you woo hoo***

Nov 14, 2010, 5:00 PM

I welcome the opportunity to discuss this w/ you face 2 face

Nov 14, 2010, 6:37 PM

BTW, nice verbal skills. Bet you are at the top of your third grade class!!!

TerryDon is that you?

Nov 15, 2010, 1:55 PM

Thanks,

The 5(0)%

http://americayouaskedforit.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/draft-herman-cain-for-president-2012-1024x293.jpg%253Fw%253D300

Re: This SHOULD NOT be the winter of our discontent

Nov 15, 2010, 1:58 PM

I hate to be the Lit nerd, but this SHOULD be the winter of our discontent. That would mean we were about to enter the spring of our return to glory.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic