Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You guys don't know how lucky you are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

You guys don't know how lucky you are

Oct 25, 2010, 1:26 PM

From the time I can remember first tackling my stuffed Bugs Bunny I wanted to be a Clemson Tiger. Started playing organized football at 6 yrs old and my orange blood never faded to that nasty Tennessee shade or darkened to the burgundy of those I detested, long before I could say gamecock without giggling.

There was nothing in the world I wanted more than to run down the hill on Saturdays and play football in the greatest place on earth.

Family/personal reasons doomed me into ignoring the football scholarship and and drove me far away, ultimately to several different countries but, though I was able to play for several years, I never attended school, played football or ran down the hill at Death Valley as a player. And the worst part, I never attended Clemson and got my degree. That is the one thing I've regretted my entire adult life.

While not everyone can play ball for the Tigers, each and every student at Clemson is part of that team on home Saturdays. Death Valley did not get its reputation because of the administration, west endzone, recruiting, or anything else but being one of the toughest places in the entire country for an opposing team to play football. That toughness starts and ends with the student section on and around the hill. Deandre Mcdaniel drew a flag for thanking you guys for what you do for that team during a football game Saturday.

Being a part of that team comes with an obligation and responsibility as a student on gameday. You only have so much time at Clemson as a student. I ask you, is it more important to:

Shotgun that last beer before getting on the hill late? or, being so loud as the Tigers run down the hill it drowns out the opposing band, instead of the opposite?

Leaving at the half to get dressed for the after-game party? or, being there in the 4th quarter to have your part in the sack by Daquan after the crowd noise caused miscommunication for the opposing QB?

You really do have a responsibility as a student on gameday. Those guys on the field rely on you to make things more difficult for opposing offenses, just as you rely on them to make the play when you've rattled their nerves.

I honestly don't think the justification you use for getting there late and leaving early is excusable. Most of those I see leaving (students and fans) are doing so to get drunk, drunker or redrunk. Really? That's more important?

Had I followed the path I should have and attended Clemson, if I never played football, I'd have been on that hill from well before start to finish, fulfilling my gameday obligation as a student at Clemson University.

Sure this post is a bit cheesy but honestly, is there any place better on earth?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and does nobody hide minibottles in pockets anymore?

Oct 25, 2010, 1:28 PM

used to be a stalwart plan of mine

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I have been searched going into every game this season.

Oct 25, 2010, 1:32 PM

Doesn't mean you can't hide them in your shoes or a girl's bra...

Seriously though why all the negativity to the students on here today. The ones on this board arent the ones leaving early. The students lead the stadium in every single big cheer and are definitely the loudest. We have a great student section.

no argument from me....i was in the early to mid nineties

Oct 25, 2010, 1:51 PM

thank you Seattle for the loose jeans look :)

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

ahhh haaaa

Oct 25, 2010, 1:32 PM [ in reply to and does nobody hide minibottles in pockets anymore? ]

so you're a lazy drunken bastage. Congrats on your efforts paying off

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

guilty***

Oct 25, 2010, 1:52 PM

Nah.....

Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM [ in reply to and does nobody hide minibottles in pockets anymore? ]

now you have your girlfriend hide a whole traveler in her purse.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

...or hide a snuke in her snizz.***

Oct 25, 2010, 2:48 PM

point for the SP reference.***

Oct 25, 2010, 8:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: and does nobody hide minibottles in pockets anymore?

Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM [ in reply to and does nobody hide minibottles in pockets anymore? ]

I bring in a few mini bottles to most games (I'm a student). As long as you don't go into the main student entrance, you shouldn't really have a problem sneaking anything in (buddy of mine brought in a handle of jager once).

No reason to miss any game action to go get drunk. Bring the booze with you

How many people are actually leaving the game

Oct 25, 2010, 1:31 PM

that early? When I was a student, I used to leave at halftime but my butt was always in the seat before the start of the second half.

It takes a while for most to get back now

Oct 26, 2010, 8:49 AM

Clemson has to be one of the few schools that let people leave and come back.

Hey, i invented the word "redrunk"

Oct 25, 2010, 1:50 PM

did you send in your request to use the word?

Re: Hey, i invented the word "redrunk"

Oct 25, 2010, 2:11 PM

haha, I think you are a bit older than I if 1976 your grad year. What do I owe?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2010, 2:17 PM

Web, per TNet house rules, I believe the customary fee is $1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a sleeve of bourbon this weekend in my pocket

Oct 25, 2010, 2:23 PM

comes in handy during 3rd and 4th quarter of a big win!!

the unwritten rule is there is no charge for unwritten rules***

Oct 25, 2010, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, i invented the word "redrunk" ]

Oct 26, 2010, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey, i invented the word "redrunk" ]

$1 and customary bow

Well said. I for one will be in my nosebleed...

Oct 25, 2010, 1:51 PM

seat for the entire game in two weeks. I am guilty of leaving early at times. I shall re-examine my priorities!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: You guys don't know how lucky you are

Oct 25, 2010, 2:24 PM

I agree with this completely, but just curious - how much do you think can be attributed to the growing number of satelitte dishes and 40+ inch flat screens set up at scattered tailgates in every parking lot? I know this is directed to the student section, but I dont think the students are the only ones sitting out the second half. I always wondered how many people sitting around a tv at their tailgate actually had a ticket or had any intention of going into the game, why not sell (or give away) the ticket.

I definitely agree with you

Oct 25, 2010, 2:45 PM

I've had numerous conversations with friends regarding their leaving at halftime to tailgate and watch on the dish.

I'm there for the whole 4 quarters. Good post.***

Oct 25, 2010, 2:27 PM

I noticed 1/2 of the upper deck never came back after

Oct 25, 2010, 2:35 PM

half time. I'm guessing they were tailgaiting watching the other games on T.V. This mentality bothers me big time. I screamed just about the entire time we were on defense. A lot of people sitting around me just sat most of the game and did not yell. The man next to me would not even yell the C-L-E-M-S-O-N during Tiger Rag. I have a real problem with these so called "Clemson Fans".
I just don't understand it.

Psssst

Oct 25, 2010, 2:30 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9674937#9674937

Oh I didn't miss your post Obed

Oct 25, 2010, 2:36 PM

consider my post a way of saying you're wrong.

My interest is doing my part to make the gameday atmosphere horrible for opposing offenses and enjoyable for fans and family.

Are you saying you don't want to see our gameday atmosphere better?

Oct 25, 2010, 3:42 PM

I'd like to point out that shotgunning a beer takes less than 5 seconds and will not make you late. Getting around the senior citizen blockade to get to the gate takes much longer.

Oct 25, 2010, 5:38 PM

Getting around the senior citizen blockade to get to the gate takes much longer.

5 seconds less if you don't sg that last one.

Course, "one more" then "just one more" "we gotta go" "hold on, just one more" and of course - "(*Y* I gotta p1ss"

There is nothing cheesey about what you said

Oct 25, 2010, 8:39 PM

And it is never too late to get a degree from Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic