Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo gets us to our first ACCCG and minutes from our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dabo gets us to our first ACCCG and minutes from our

Oct 3, 2010, 5:58 PM

first title since '91 and the wheels are already coming off the bandwagon after a couple of tough losses to good teams. Come on, people. Lots of football left and I think we've got a pretty good team.

A few thoughts about yesterday:

1) In a nutshell I think three things killed us yesterday, in no particular order:

- Our lack of a passing game/WRs. Yes, I thought KP was off, but I just didn't see receivers getting open yesterday. We need to figure something out and fast.

- Turnovers. No need for explanation here. You're never, EVER going to beat a team when you turn it over six times, especially a team as talented as Miami.

- Blown coverage on defense. We didn't learn when they burned us the first time... And we let them do it again. We essentially gave them 14 points on a silver platter.

2) I thought the defense was tough. Yeah, a few mistakes (as I mentioned above) KILLED us, but otherwise I thought we played really physical and a great 2nd half.

3) I think the crowd was pretty good. Lots of comments saying we weren't into the game, but I thought the crowd did their part, especially considering it was a Nooner.

4) With the exception of his stutter-stepping/juking, Harper is getting better and better every week. Still wish Ellington would get two-thirds of the carries, though. I don't know exactly why he doesn't, hopefully Dabo or Napier will address this point at some point this week.

5) Still no place in the world like Clemson, Nooner and all, and especially when it's a big-time game like Miami. There's not a better place to be on a Saturday in the Fall, win or lose.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo gets us to our first ACCCG and minutes from our

Oct 3, 2010, 6:22 PM

Agree on most points. Our lack of receivers is KILLING US thats obvious. The question is whose fault is that? TB, Dabo, JS??? Probably a combo of the 3. We have recruited well at receiver but none have developed at all. Hopkins will be good - thats about all the hope l see there.

However, l do not agree that Harper is getting better. I think there is more and more seperation each week between the backs. Pretty obvious. He (Ellington) should be getting the majority of the carries - see my angry tyraid I posted yesterday...He is a special back and the best TRUE RB we have had since Terry Allen...He has unbelievable vision...Remember that 4th and 1 we didnt convert in 1st half @ Auburn...Go back and look at the tape the hole was there - Diehl cleared it out like a wrecking ball. Harper simply missed it...

Not at all ready to jump ship. Dabo has done some great things and had brought some level of toughness back to Clemson. I think we are all just tired of losing close games against good teams where we always seem to kick ourself in the nads. Sometimes though these stumps we seem to inflict on ourself should actually be accredited to the opposition we are playing. However we do seem to self-implode quite well on our own...

GO TIGERS! BEAT THE TARHOLES!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Best Post of the Day !***

Oct 3, 2010, 6:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No argument here...

Oct 3, 2010, 6:36 PM

hope they get it all together this weekend and beat the Tarholes...Tigers need a win! GOOOOO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't let the coaches off that easy

Oct 3, 2010, 6:41 PM

A very basic decision cost a touchdown if the first half. That was. Game changing mistake and put us in the losing-seat. There was no reason to go for a score at the end of the second quarter. That was a rookie move. Big time!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

If you ask everyone else, Napier is a genius. IMO, he is a

Oct 4, 2010, 6:04 PM

big reason why we lost our last two games. Abandon the run, we lose the game.

where do you get that we abandoned the run?

Oct 4, 2010, 6:07 PM

35 carries between Ellington and Harper and Miami STUFFED the run in 2nd half because they knew we couldn't throw or catch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look. I'm certainly not bashing Dabo..... But using the

Oct 3, 2010, 6:42 PM

Statement "he got us to our first ACC title game in his first year " has got to STOP. We won the Atlantic by default last year. B.C. and Florida State were way down. WE DID NOT WIN THE ATLANTIC TITLE BECAUSE OF DABO. sorry.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't win anything by default

Oct 3, 2010, 6:49 PM

Using your logic, we should have won the division in 2008, 2007, 2006, etc. Considering we've beaten Florida State the last couple of years and we've always had more talent than BC (outside of Matt Ryan), we should have won the division by default a number of times in the Bowden era. But that's not how this works.

Don't for a second try to undermine the importance of the fact that Dabo got us there in his first season. And the funny thing is, while all you pansies are freaking out, we are essentially looking at a similar start to this season as last season. Tough out of conference opponent - TCU, Auburn. Good team from the Coastal - GT, Miami. Now, where we go from here is up to us, but we started last season at 2-3 and got to the championship game.

Agree on everything but Kyle Parker. He hurt us more than

Oct 3, 2010, 7:11 PM

our WR corps did yesterday as we actually had guys open that KP just missed. For most of the game, Parker, who was awesome against Auburn, absolutely sucked at throwing the ball. He, more than any other individual, killed us against Miami. But I can't forget that he helped us tremendously against Auburn.

Like we have known all along, Kyle can be a great QB but he is very inconsistent. It's really nothing new at the QB position for us.

On a side note, the fans deserve credit for how loud it was. The student section was nuts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2010, 7:18 PM

Agree on everything with this added...Why is it when like yesterday that you have a certain offensive player or players on the opposing team (yesterday namely 20 and 6) who, when you know that they are on the field, will get possession 90% of the time that we cannot recognize that and get it after 3 or 4 plays and stop the sequence? Happens to us EVERY year!! Happened last year, the year before, the year before, in conference, out of conference. Watch film! Watch when we play Carolina and Lattimore gets the ball! We already know he will have the ball if he is on the field. It's not rocket science!

So when we win the coach got us there, but when we lose

Oct 3, 2010, 8:14 PM

the players made mistakes. Sounds like the same logic we hear out of another program in South Carolina.

Re: So when we win the coach got us there, but when we lose

Oct 3, 2010, 8:19 PM

Don't be a Dumba$$!!!

Re: So when we win the coach got us there, but when we lose

Oct 4, 2010, 2:07 PM

Yes there were some coaching errors but the players have to exicute - like being ready to play when Miami snaps the ball rather than just looking around.

and who do you blame for the poor play of our players?

Oct 4, 2010, 2:09 PM

if not the coaches?

Dabo fell into the ACCCG because our division is horrible (and still is this year)

When he wins a championship, then you can talk about him improving the program, and that's not going to happen while we're giving our OC and DC on the job training.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2010, 6:01 PM

Please get over the euphoria you feel like exist because CU showed up in the championship game last year. Many high school coaches, and even Tommy Bowden would have been there also as weak as the division was last year. But what good did it do. You then lose for s SECOND time to a team that isn't close to you in talent. I know you are one of the ones that is "all in", and feels all fuzzy Dabo starts to talk about the orange family. But the fact is that CU is to big of a program to have to wait on a coach to go through his own growing pains while learning to be a head coach. TDP went cheap, and got what he got. A program that really hasn't changed any since Tommy left.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic