Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another account of the fans at last night's game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,097

Another account of the fans at last night's game...

Feb 23, 2005, 11:23 AM

There was a Maryland family sitting right behind me and my gilfriend at the game. I was really into the game, so i didn't notice, but my girl kept telling me that the family behind me was really dogging Clemson hard. Later in the second half, i started noticing. The father kept yelling terrible things about Clemson, just because I was sitting in front of him (all decked out in orange of course). It was obvious to me and every fan around us that this family was being disrespectful of Clemson just because I was sitting in front of them. The father kept yelling stuff like "go back to your trash" and "Clemson is horrible, how do we lose against these losers". Even the 12 year old son chimed in to call Shawan Robinson a "piece of crap." Strangely, it didn't make me angry. It made me feel bad for the child growing up with those parents. I sat next to McCray's uncle. He was extremely gracious and we both had a good laugh about how hard the family behind me was trying to get me upset. I refused to even acknowledge them and left he arena with my head held high as many other Maryland fans disgraced themselves by yelling obsenities about Clemson and rednecks and boo'd their own team. Being in that type of environment really makes me appreciate our great fans and great hospitality. We have the best fans in the land. Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good job, unfortunately i don't think i would have had your

Feb 23, 2005, 11:28 AM

patience (or maturity) :)

Kill 'em with kindness, right?

Well, obviously the Maryland fan is an idiot. We OWN them

Feb 23, 2005, 11:31 AM

in ALL major sports so far this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. And it's a great feeling isn't it? Go Tigers!***

Feb 23, 2005, 11:41 AM

Somebody give this man a point! Get him up to fan!***

Feb 23, 2005, 11:31 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Rev. I hope to catch you at an away game in football

Feb 23, 2005, 11:44 AM

this year. I haven't had a chance to meet you yet. I looked for you a Duke last year, but never found you.

I was hanging out with our passing game...

Feb 23, 2005, 11:46 AM

...most folks didn't see them that day, either.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ewww, i would have been in jail :)***

Feb 23, 2005, 11:51 AM

i was there too....

Feb 23, 2005, 12:38 PM

I cheered loudly, but was very respectful to the people around me. The Terps fans around me were equally respectful despite my purple and orange shirt. When we were up 6 with about 30 seconds to go, i heard one guy behind me yell, "It's Clemson for crying out loud." I wanted to stand up and yell, "Yes we are and get used to this" but I kept quiet and just smiled from ear to ear.

it was amazing to me how many fans left with more than 2 minutes to go and us only up 9. My friend who took me to the game and is a Terrapin Club member remarked that it happens whenever they lose at home and that he thinks they have a lot of terrible fans.

Oh well. It sure was a lot of fun.

worst fans by far

Feb 23, 2005, 12:59 PM

I've lived in MD for a few years now and have been to the last two Clem/MD FB games in College Park and their fans are horrible. If you've ever been to the Orange Bowl for a Miami game you'll know what I mean. Most fans aren't affiliated with the school which does not matter but it's like they go to the Maryland game b/c they can't get Redskins tickets.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,097
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic