Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The sound and the fury...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 879

The sound and the fury...

Sep 28, 2010, 8:53 PM

I know, I know...every year, someone posts about bringing the death back to Death Valley and folks get amped.

Then something happens. Georgia spanks us in the blistering sun in 2003.

Back-to-back overtime home losses to BC and Miami.

Genuine ##### puzzlers against Maryland or Wake or God help us Duke.

Yet every fall we're back, ready to roar again.

Just ponder for a minute...what sort of living #### will Death Valley be when we DON'T have that heartbreaker. When the Tigers rear back and rip the living throat out of ACC opponents.

And every fan nursing a tattered throat can look back, smile just a little and say "Yeah...I helped do that."

Most of y'all know that I was there when we established Clemson as the loudest place in college football. But what most folks don't like to remember is there were times, many times leading up to that magical season in '77 when the roars became groans, the students began wondering if maybe curling up with a keg might not be a better use of a Saturday.

It didn't happen overnight. But when it came, the union of fans and team created an unholy pit of perdition for foes. It was a wild, joyous time to be a Tiger.

And I believe, truly believe that the time is coming again.

You have the chance to create that magic afternoon. I can tell you it hurts like heck for the next few days to scream yourself silly.

But when the game is over, and you get a chance to slip on the field and look up at the scoreboard you'll be able to say ... well croak:

"Yeah, I helped make it happen."

Don't lose your chance to make it happen, Tigers.

You make the sound. Let the guys make the fury.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev........using such salty language makes Jesus sad !***;)

Sep 28, 2010, 8:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wasn't fury...

Sep 28, 2010, 9:02 PM

....a horse on a kids show??? just sayin

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"pit of perdition"

Sep 28, 2010, 11:22 PM

as always, thanks, Rev.

I was there when we built it up, I was there in '05 when it was incredibly loud, I'll be there Saturday to do my part.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately I cannot make it Saturday

Sep 28, 2010, 11:57 PM

because of my current financial situation. However, when I am able to make it to games, you better believe I'm loud. I stand the whole game and there isn't a 5 minute interval when I'm not screaming and leading cheers. I start a Cadence Count at least once a quarter. I raise my arms to try to get others to cheer. I scream at the opposing team's fans and cheerleaders with taunts (I usually sit right next to them when I go). Unfortunately, that is one part of the stadium that usually is not that loud. I am glad, however, to bring the thunder a little bit to that region. On a similar note, look for a shirtless guy with a tiger paw shaved into his chest at the Maryland game. That will be me (assuming they will let me take off my shirt at the game).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 879
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic