Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger fans please read....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 767

Tiger fans please read....

Feb 12, 2005, 6:52 PM

Our basketball team has been sitting in the same place since the mid 90's. Does anyone want to take a guess at where that is? I'll give you a hint, metaphorically speaking think Duke and football. That's right we are at the bottom, again, and the season is quickly drawing towards the end, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. My fellow tiger fans, I believe you need to take a look at yourselves and heed your own advice. We always look down on those #### fans and tell them to stop drinking the koolaid. Well let's not be hypocrites ourselves, because let's face it, when it comes to basketball some of us have already gulped down a cup or two. Do you honestly think Duke fans expect to win 3,4,5 conference football games each year. Heck no, they hardly expect to win one and were shocked after knocking us off. Guess what though, they have a new coach, who just recruited the #31 class in the nation this year. Those dookies aren't b!tch!ng and moaning about only getting one win, they are excited about the future! Why can't we feel the same way about basketball. When were we ever a great basketball powerhouse, why are our fans so avid about winning basketball games all of a sudden. Tell me tiger fans how many times did you have to witness our basketball team get blown out on the road in the past years. Now tell me how many times have we been blown out on the road this year? Yes we turn the ball over a lot, but at the same time we force a lot more turnovers than most other teams and we usually start 2 or 3 freshman. How many times did Shyatt recruit a top 100 player out of high school, and how many has Purnell recruited so far?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is stop complaining about how bad we are. Most people outside of the hypocritical koolaid drinking clemson basketball fans already know that Clemson basketball is at best below average. At the same time, most people outside the koolaid drinking fans also know that Purnell is a hell of a coach and that he is righting the ship. I hate to compare Clemson fans to the fake "USC" fans like this, but d@mn you are all acting like a bunch of women (no offense ladies): first you want a new coach, but then when you get one (a good one no less) you still aren't happy because he hasn't produced miracles. Give it time, develop some patience, and soon you will enjoy watching Clemson play in the postseason. When I say soon I don't mean this season, smart@$$es.

Now flame away all you want, or applaud and give me points whatever, but please stop whining like #### fans and start supporting your school and its employees

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ding Ding Ding***

Feb 12, 2005, 6:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one thing with OP is that

Feb 12, 2005, 7:00 PM

he has got (not trying to be raciest) but black people into liking clemson and coming to clemson we have got great talent and will be great in 2-3 more years like you said!
GO TIGERS

Re: Tiger fans please read....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. A must read for the whiners and pessimists.***

I'm down with OP

Feb 12, 2005, 7:04 PM

Is it hard to believe that Clemson can't succeed in hoops? Most forget WF #1, Clemson #2 in the nation just a few years ago playing at LJ. People having to camp out for the chance to get tickets. In basketball a turnaround can happen quicker than football. These freshman after maturation will refuse to lose. This team would at the very worst, be in post season play NIT if they wernt in the ACC. I think they could play with most in Conf USA and definitely with the Big Ten and Pac 10. SEC middle of the pack and same with the Big Easy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he does well

Feb 12, 2005, 7:17 PM

But right now we have nobody that can take over a game besides ford.

When i say take over I'm talking about a Eric Williams or a Redick that can score 10 points in 2 minutes.

And I don't think anybody in Purnells first class can do that because the 4 players are built to be good defenders.

Hopefully K.C. Rivers will come through if not I hope we can develop soembody over the summer's

I couldnt agree more. We need a scoring machine

Feb 12, 2005, 8:04 PM

along the lines of a Carmello Anthony ( not suggesting we can land a guy of his quality, but you get my meaning).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great post, im honestly excited about

Feb 12, 2005, 8:39 PM

next year's team, when OP gets his own ACC caliber guards in here. The presence of K.C. Rivers and Troy Mathis(who has been dominating in practices), will give this team the boost we require. This team is extremely young, and it looks like Purnell has a great eye for talent, and is a great bench coach. I just hope the football only fans, can either keep their whining to themselves, or realize that we do have other sports at this university, and decide to support them as well

Amen...except for the part about women. :)***

Feb 12, 2005, 9:44 PM

Feb 12, 2005, 10:30 PM

I'll have to agree with you. We are a very young team this year and we have been in most of the games until the last two minutes. With the group of freshmen we have and the class coming in, I think Purnell has the program going in the right direction.

Feb 13, 2005, 3:36 AM

Im behind OP 100%, This years team has me actually excited about the future of the Basketball program.

Im just tired of sucking

Replies: 11
| visibility 767
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic