Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alums and fans: the view from the pulpit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 792

Alums and fans: the view from the pulpit

Apr 20, 2010, 9:01 AM

"Whosoever will, let him come."
-Revelation 22:17

As you might expect, up in the pulpit we're always happy to see folks see the light and come forward. Folks who shake off their old lives, their worn and weary pasts and step into a new life of meaning and purpose.

It works the same way with devotion to Clemson. The sons of Clemson are blessed by a kinship that surpasses other bonds. And as such we will always be a peculiar people. As Peter said we are a chosen people, a blessed nation.

But with that blessing comes responsibility: the task of bringing others to the light that is Clemson, to proclaim and lead those in the darkness.

There are some born into this blessed position, who were raised from childhood into the glory of all things orange. Then there are those who stumbled from the darkness into the light.

And finally, there is the great unwashed, those who did not have the opportunity to attend Clemson. Should their blood be considered any less orange?

Should someone who walks down the aisle at altar call be consiered any less a believer than the third-generation choir member? One may know where the apple juice and graham crackers are for Sunday school, but both are called by the same devotion.

Those who are so eager to disparage fans who don't have a diploma from Clemson would do well to consider the Parable of the workers (Matthew 20:1-16). Fervor of the heart carries more weight than lineage. Willingness to step up makes us true sons of Clemson.

Clemson is not just a school. It's not a piece of paper you hang on your office wall. Clemson is, and I pray will remain, a way of life of brotherhood and devotion, that transcends where you spend your college days.

Those days were important. how you take the lessons of those days shapes the rest of your life. And from those days, I learned that I will be proud to stand with any man who says he is for Clemson.

No matter where he came from.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And let ALL of Thomas Green Clemson's children say......

Apr 20, 2010, 9:07 AM

AMEN !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

T-I-G-E-R------S!***

Apr 20, 2010, 10:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't have to read one sentence to point this.....AWESOME***

Apr 20, 2010, 9:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep on preaching Brother Dodd

Apr 20, 2010, 9:38 AM

Alot of people can't understand that simple concept.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's absolutely sickening this discussion has gone on***

Apr 20, 2010, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed: Frankly I'm surprised it raised this much ire.***

Apr 20, 2010, 9:44 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As always, the Rev knows best-Amen and WOO HOO***

Apr 20, 2010, 11:01 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 792
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic