Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you pulling for Duke to win amaze me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Those of you pulling for Duke to win amaze me

Mar 28, 2010, 5:39 PM

Its freaking Duke we are talking about here. I know some of you want Duke to win because you think it might help us get a better TV deal, but pulling for Duke is just awful. Its just as bad as the gamecocks pulling for Florida and Alabama in football all the time. The ACC has done nothing but screw Clemson in athletics for years and years, and I for one only pull for Clemson. I hoped every other team in the ACC would lose in the first round of the NCAAT, especially Duke.

How many times have we gone to Cameron only to get screwed by the officials time and time again? How many games are we going to lose due to bogus holding calls late in a game from the most inept refs in college sports. The ACC baseball tourney was moved from SC because the ACC checks their balls at the door whenever they enter any kind of negotiation and anytime any kind of trouble shows up, and some of you people still pull for Duke and hope the ACC does well. Well, I don't, and screw the ACC and Duke.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are pretty amazing

Mar 28, 2010, 5:44 PM

with logic and common sense as a bonus

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would probably be amazed that I pulled for UVA in

Mar 28, 2010, 5:51 PM

lacrosse yesterday

Go Baylor!***

Mar 28, 2010, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Go Duke and the ACC

Mar 28, 2010, 5:58 PM

you should pull for your conference

Why should we pull for our conference?***

Mar 28, 2010, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Because we have never had or never will have

Mar 28, 2010, 6:19 PM

a final 4 appearance, so we cheer for our big brothers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we go Independent?***

Mar 28, 2010, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Why should we pull for our conference?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke winning in no way helps Clemson look any better.

Mar 28, 2010, 6:00 PM

The ACC was still down this year. Everyone knew Duke was the only legit team in the league. If doesn't do anything for them to win another NCAA championship. It would be like UK winning the NCAA championship for the SEC. That doesn't give the SEC any more credibility. People will still regard UK as one of the top programs in the nation.

I don't mind people pulling for Duke bc I know plenty of rednecks who pull for them because they have a bunch of white guys, but you're kidding yourself if you think Duke winning a championship is going to help Clemson basketball recruit better players. I don't understand the logic. Duke and UNC will always be respected in basketball which in turn causes the ACC to always be respected in basketball.

The ACC needs a football team to win a national championship. The last thing we need is another basketball team to win a championship. It's not a bad thing, but its fairly neutral. It's like an SEC team winning in football. The SEC doesn't need another football national championship to be respected.

The logic is that coming from a strong conference

Mar 28, 2010, 6:08 PM

makes everyone look better . A rising tide lifts all ships as they say.

The negative reverse logic that Clemson needs any help from any other institution is absurd.

To be the best, you have to beat the best .

Just compete and win .

Are not sick of hearing all about the Big East this year . Well that hype gives credibility to their lower tier teams.

That's true, but just seems like we get a lot of respect in

Mar 28, 2010, 6:18 PM

basketball anyway with Duke and UNC in the league and Maryland/GT in the past.

I guess what I'm saying is if this were football, and let's say VT or FSU was playing for a national title, then we should probably pull for them b/c the ACC needs some credibility in that sport.

I get your point***

Mar 28, 2010, 7:00 PM

Logic is right

Mar 28, 2010, 6:43 PM [ in reply to The logic is that coming from a strong conference ]

USC is a perfect example. Year in and year out they are mediocre at best in football, yet look at their TV coverage and the money they receive from TV contracts compared to what we get. The only reason is that they are in a conference with Alabama, Florida, etc.

Sorry, but you are wrong

Mar 28, 2010, 7:34 PM [ in reply to The logic is that coming from a strong conference ]

Did you see how West Virginia football emerged once Miami, VT, and BC moved out of the conference? Do you think they would trade their sugar bowl win in against UGA to have those same teams back in their conference, and going to a mediocre bowl instead? What about Boise State? Do you think they would have become a power had they been apart of the Big 12 or Pac 10? NO, they would have just been an average program. UVA has come along now in college baseball, making the conference tougher. Let's say losing that series ends up costing us a super regional or something. Home field advantage means everything in super regionals. Would you rather UVA be good, or Clemson be in Omaha? Does NOT HELP Clemson one bit! Why is this so hard to understand. I hope FSU football does not come back, UNC basketball, or Miami football. Do you think winning the division was a good recruiting pitch for Clemson and Dabo this year? You are darn right it was. Do you know why we won that division? Because it was WEAK, plain and simple. If NC State, BC, or FSU had been powerhouses, we would not have won it. It is absurd for South Carolina fans to root for Florida, UGA, or Tennessee in football. Those teams are what is keeping them mediocre.

That is such backward thought I can not even

Mar 28, 2010, 7:56 PM

respond to it. Except to say that I hope there are not many of you aspiring for mediocrity out there.

Re: Those of you pulling for Duke to win amaze me

Mar 28, 2010, 6:00 PM

What if we picked em to win on our bracket?

That is a very legit reason to pull for them.***

Mar 28, 2010, 6:01 PM

I'm sure you actually believe that. A lot of people do. If

Mar 28, 2010, 6:03 PM

what you said were true:

"The ACC has done nothing but screw Clemson in athletics for years and years", our administration wouldn't stay in the ACC. No one would put up with that if actually true and intentional.

At the same time, that's your opinion and it's held by many. Still, that's what a lot of fans do...get carried away and make false assumptions because it hurts to lose.

All teams get calls against them late in games at times. Do we get more than our fair share? Maybe, I don't have any data either way.

I do know this. The star teams with star coaches get a few calls. Duke, UNC, the Celtics (whom I love) through the years, the Lakers, star pitchers like Greg Maddux and Roger Clemens, UCLA in the PAC-10, UK in the SEC, the Bulls with Jordan, all get a few calls.

The ACC doesn't have it in for Clemson. We have been screwed in Cameron a few times. We've been screwed against UNC more times.

That's sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when it comes to signing coaches and we don't have

Mar 28, 2010, 6:09 PM

the money to compete with SEC, ACC will become ivy league, then I'll agree with you.

Clemson needs big TV contract with ACC and the conf has to win for that to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The second part of your post makes you sound like the

Mar 28, 2010, 6:25 PM

biggest ##### i've ever seen in my life. Every team is a victim of bad calls. You dont represent clemson fans very well acting like that.

Re: The second part of your post makes you sound like the

Mar 28, 2010, 6:33 PM

I very much would like to see Duke win it all. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I would place our conference's needs well above any petty disdain I have for coach K or the Duke BBall program. It is just smart business, regardless of how I feel about them.

besides, we get to take them behind the woodshed in football more often than not, so I am sure they feel the same way about us at times.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2010, 6:38 PM

SUCK A #### GO DUKE ######

Mar 28, 2010, 6:42 PM

sometimes I am embarrassed to be a Tiger, especially when I read crap like that ^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations

Mar 28, 2010, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Those of you pulling for Duke to win amaze me ]

You are a moron.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate Duke and....

Mar 28, 2010, 6:43 PM

....especially their foul mouthed rat face coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody on Tobacco Road gives a #### about Clemson

Mar 28, 2010, 6:48 PM

Screw 'em all.

so we should give back the ACC money?***

Mar 28, 2010, 6:54 PM

Re: Nobody on Tobacco Road gives a #### about Clemson

Mar 28, 2010, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Nobody on Tobacco Road gives a #### about Clemson ]

Not entirely true. OP gets a lot of respect around the league, even on tobacco road. Both Coach K and Roy Williams have a ton of respect for OP, and both have been quoted numerous times.

If you want to define arrogance, Kansas fans are the worst. I listend to a friend of mine talk run his mouth all season about how great Kansas is, he has not uttered a single word since they were ejected from the tourney. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

I'm not. I despise Duke***

Mar 28, 2010, 7:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Schyface just threw and elbow

Mar 28, 2010, 7:09 PM

btw why u would pull for dook dose amaze me as well. they would never root for us. I am a clemson fan not an acc fan

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic