Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
President Barker, please step aside. I would like to now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

President Barker, please step aside. I would like to now

Feb 10, 2010, 10:07 PM

take over as President of Clemson University. The student attendance at tonight's game was pathetic. Yes, President Barker, I have done my homework, and I know for a fact that there were multiple sections of tests given tonight at 7PM forcing many students to miss the game. I'm sick of the academic top 20 mess. An education is more than a grade. My first agenda is to change that slogan: "Championships begin with scholarships"...it will now be: "Scholarships begin with championships". When the championships come, Clemson will have more money than we can spend. To those students who were not able to be at tonight's game because of a test during game time, I apologize on behalf of Clemson Alumni. I write this as a 3rd generation graduate of Clemson and one who has put three of my own children through Clemson University. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fail

Feb 10, 2010, 10:47 PM

As a current student at Clemson University.. FAIL.. We all know you didn't graduate from here..

seriously??

Feb 10, 2010, 11:47 PM

You are the one that sounds pathetic...Who says "FAIL" on tigernet? The answer is you. This guy is right. A lot of schools schedule academics around athletics when possible. In this case it is possible. Any other day this week would have worked for the course wide exams. I have been in all of those classes and know that it would be possible to move them around a little bit. The Chem dept changes their day every year it seems....

You have been to all those classes?

Feb 14, 2010, 4:14 PM

Wow, and I thought superman was dead!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers2388=Fail. Transfer to USuC where you belong.***

Feb 14, 2010, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Fail ]

give me a break, this isnt football we're talking about***

Feb 10, 2010, 10:49 PM

Clemson needs to start taking care of South Carolina's own

Feb 11, 2010, 12:29 AM

too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The percentage of in-state students has been exactly the

Feb 13, 2010, 3:49 PM

same for decades. The quality of applicants continues to go up, and Clemson's obligation is to enroll the best students possible. I don't see a problem with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Clemson needs to start taking care of South Carolina's own

Feb 13, 2010, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Clemson needs to start taking care of South Carolina's own ]

South Carolina needs to produce applicants who can compete with the bottom rungs of other states.

People need to grow up.

Feb 11, 2010, 12:42 AM

Sports are the center of everything. Test are scheduled for Wednesday night. They probably have been for years. Yeah we had a sad student crowd. The tigers still won. They will still play Saturday, they will still play next season. Its very hard to change a test date for all those students. There are other things to schedule around, like CLASSES.

I know a lot of you older guys have forgotten about those things, and only remember the drinking, and sports, but you do have to go to them to be able to watch the Clemson games. Yeah you can skip classes but you likely wont be around very long to see many more games

Wish I could point that a million times***

Feb 13, 2010, 4:39 PM

You are another one. Are you sec too?***

Feb 14, 2010, 4:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the, 'old people,' who graduated from Clemson to the

Feb 14, 2010, 1:29 AM [ in reply to People need to grow up. ]

students who may or may not graduate.

I don't recall football, baseball or basketball, for that matter any other kind of ball ever feeding my seven children and wife. They never paid the electric bill nor bought insurance for my autos or paid for our home. I had to work for that. I might have made it without a college degree but nothing would have been better.

I love the Tigers but I want to be perfectly clear, these are games.

School comes first. Work, then play.

Thank you to the students who came to the game and thank you for the students who had exams and study groups and could not make it. Thank you for the old folks that we allowed out of the nursing home to go to the John and thank you that were grounded by your doctors and nurses.

Anyone with the intelligence required to be admitted to Clemson could not be dumb enough to suggest that sports should ever interfere with education. This is an oxymoron. If anyone thinks that is true they should have picked another school.

Perhaps they should look into the sec programs.

Re: From the, 'old people,' who graduated from Clemson to the

Feb 14, 2010, 12:35 PM

I find it hysterical that one week the boards mentality is that Clemson is superior to USC because of our academic rankings, then the next week our Top-20 initiative is a huge waste of time and money.

Clemson's academics are what keep the Tigers alive and breathing. We don't receive enormous amounts of state money, we rely almost entirely on private research funding which only comes when you have top rated programs to carry out that research.

People complain when we can't pay a coach $3 million a year. It gets a lot easier to justify that kind of cash when your academics are on solid financial ground. We'll only get there by raising our academic standards because I don't see a $6 Billion grant coming from the state any time.

You are a razorback fan. Don't bring your sec mental illness

Feb 14, 2010, 4:11 PM [ in reply to People need to grow up. ]

to Clemson board.

Students are not the only fans, now are they? I would have

Feb 11, 2010, 12:47 AM

but I had church. I put my priorities in order and God is first.

You have all week to go to church. Tigers were today. C'mon

Feb 13, 2010, 6:22 PM

man, get with it..... :)

Can the Alumni Assoc too

Feb 13, 2010, 4:39 PM

Alum attendance sucks

none of you are making any sense..

Feb 14, 2010, 8:16 AM

Testing dates should not be a president's concern, and the date of a basketball game is up to the conference.

Why all the negative comments after a win? Can't we get back to enjoying a great win instead of insulting our Institution?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: President Barker, please step aside. I would like to now

Feb 14, 2010, 11:45 AM

Barker was been absent for the FSU & Miami games.

If we didn't lose 3 straight games and drop out of the

Feb 14, 2010, 12:17 PM

polls,It would have been packed.People get tired of putting time ,$ and effort into losing!

NO COMMENT!***

Feb 14, 2010, 4:09 PM

Not as much as people get tired of fairweather fans like you***

Feb 14, 2010, 5:24 PM [ in reply to If we didn't lose 3 straight games and drop out of the ]

AMEN. If you care enough to post. You should care enough to

Feb 14, 2010, 5:28 PM

go to the games regardless of losing a few in a row.

sick that you would question a university president***

Feb 14, 2010, 5:30 PM

Re: sick that you would question a university president***

Feb 14, 2010, 5:42 PM

I don't have any problem with anyone in authority being questioned but trying to equate sports to life makes no sense to me.

We don't want a University wrapped around a football program. I live in Tennessee and know what that looks like.

Are these the folks that wanted Lame Kitten to get the HC job?

nice point***

Feb 14, 2010, 5:47 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic