Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Thanks (long)

Dec 6, 2009, 3:54 PM

I have a T-net account mostly to read y'alls reactions, but I just got back home from Tampa and had to post. Im 25 years old and can honestly say I've never enjoyed a football season as much as this one. Maybe I don't remember the late eighties, but from all my years going to games and bleeding orange, I've never enjoyed a team more.

This team fought and did things Tiger teams don't often do. They came back in first GA tech game when most of us thought they'd give up. They got in a shoot out with Miami and won a game we normally lose in a heartbreaker. They avoided the inevitable trap game when we all thought we'd screw it up and they made plays when they mattered most (McDaniel owning Ponder comes to mind). This team played with more heart and desire than any Tigers team I've seen in a decade, and it deserves to be acknowledged. Sure, the MD loss(which I attended) was bad, but it was also our rallying cry. Anyone who saw Brandon Maye last night practically playing on one knee, refusing to get off the field, or CJ somehow hobbling/running into the endzone should acknowledge the difference between this team and teams past.

For those who live in a world of ridiculous expectations and invest too much into the success of a bunch of young adults playing a game, now you have basketball season to overreact too. But for those us with perspective, we say thank you.

Thank you to CJ for being the best offensive player we've ever had. Thank you to Jacoby for being a whirling dervish and becoming a good pass catcher. Thank you to Michael Palmer for being a leader and never dropping a pass. Thank you to Ricky and Bowers for being B.A. Thank you DeAndre and the rest of the secondary for being interception machines. Thank you to Thomas Austin and Mason Coy and the rest of the O-line for giving CJ and the boys room to run. Thank you to Kyle Parker for being a hell of a freshman QB--I went to GA grad school during Staffords first year and you are at least as good as he was when he was a freshman. Thank you to every other player for giving us this season. And thank you to Dabo and the coaching staff for making this team what Tiger fans always wanted, a team with heart that fights for games.

For anyone that disagrees or says Im all sunflowers and rainbows, Im sorry your coworkers make fun of you after SC won. Im sorry you cant wear the ACC champs shirt you bought before the game was over. Im sorry the air isn't sweeter and the world seems darker. But for anyone out there with perspective, who had any real expectations on the season, who has seen Clemson play football and constantly disappoint, I say be thankful. This is standard of the Dabo-era at Clemson, and I will judge every subsequent year of his tenure through the lens of the 2009 team. Teams of the future have a lot to live up to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks (long)

Dec 6, 2009, 3:58 PM

Well said and I totally agree. I really enjoyed the season, good times and bad times. We did something the coots will never do, play for a conference championship!

I

Dec 6, 2009, 4:25 PM

I'm an old Tiger (47 years old) and i lived the great years. this is a great post though - well done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...especially you last sentence...if future teams

Dec 6, 2009, 4:31 PM

try to live up to this team and only get better, Clemson will be A--OK!

point***

Dec 6, 2009, 4:31 PM

Dec 6, 2009, 6:17 PM

glad to see rational people out there.

Dec 7, 2009, 11:03 AM

Addendum: How we perform in the bowl game will not change my opinion of this team. Bowls are meaningless unless you are playing for the NC.

Dec 8, 2009, 9:35 AM

Addendum: CJ not going to NY does not change my opinion about this season.

That's about how I feel about it.***

Dec 6, 2009, 6:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This man understands Clemson Football - good job***

Dec 6, 2009, 6:31 PM

Just beat SCU. That's all I ask for.***

Dec 6, 2009, 6:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So you'd be happy with Bowden still?***

Dec 8, 2009, 11:40 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone who finally understands. Thanks you. Point.***

Dec 7, 2009, 11:10 AM

Great Post! I hate the loss but I'm very proud of this team!***

Dec 7, 2009, 11:22 AM

fantastic post

Dec 7, 2009, 11:23 AM

and actually fit in "whirling dervish"! Point for you my friend! ;)

Dec 8, 2009, 9:46 AM

You are absolutely correct. This team played with a tremendous amount of heart. Everything was about the team and there wasn't a "me" in the bunch. If this is the standard Dabo brings to the table, I can't wait for the seasons to come. It was hard to watch the last couple weeks, but it wasn't too long ago we were 2-3 and things didn't look to good. What a wake up call the Mayland game became. Tremendous coaching job.

Dec 8, 2009, 11:09 AM

AMEN! You said it all! Thanks!

well said!! exactly what i've been thinking, but you

Dec 8, 2009, 11:51 AM

had the talent to write it :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Point and bump for you.***

Dec 8, 2009, 1:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well said

Dec 8, 2009, 2:30 PM

We need more posters like you - great perspective on the reality of what college sports will provide you, but still hoping for the best out of it.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic