Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2005, 12:53 AM

I can not understand for the life of me why people are doubting Purnell.

From his bio:
In 2002-03, Dayton had a 24-6 overall record, including a league best 14-2 mark in the Atlantic 10 Conference. Seven of the wins were on the road, the most road wins for the Flyers in 33 years. Purnell's team then won the Atlantic 10 Tournament with a 79-72 victory over Temple that clinched an NCAA automatic berth for the Flyers. It was the second time Purnell had beaten the Hall of Fame coach John Chaney in 2002-03.

In his final season at Dayton, the Flyers gained a victory over then #9 ranked Marquette, who advanced to the NCAA Final Four at season's end, and a victory over a top 20 Cincinnati team. The victory total was the most for the Dayton program since the 1966-67 team won 25 games. The season included a nine-game winning streak, the longest for the Flyer program since 1989-90, and the squad finished 16th in the final regular season poll conducted by the Associated Press. It was the first top 20 final ranking for the Dayton program since 1969.

People this man has the experience. He has the knowledge. He has the ability. And most of all he has the confidence to turn Clemson basketball around. You don't go from bottom to the top of the ACC in 2 years. Heck, maybe not even in 4 or 5. Give this man time. He doesn't even have a complete rotation of HIS players. Have a little faith in him and the Athletic Department. If you don't like it, then go watch another team. Stand behind your Alma Mater, stand behind your AD, and stand behind your coach.

that is all.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i wish more people agreed with us***

Jan 16, 2005, 1:24 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

z17

im with ya***

Jan 16, 2005, 9:19 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try not to end my day on a sour note with the Falcons Fever!

Jan 16, 2005, 1:35 AM

Falcon Fever is blowing over here in HOTlanta! Get on the wagon Panther fans! What a game tonight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a game...

Jan 16, 2005, 1:46 AM

I lived in Atlanta for 16 years and I have been a Falcons fan through thick and thin. So happy to see them kickin' ### and takin' names...GO BIRDS!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Try not to end my day on a sour note with the Falcons Fever!

Jan 16, 2005, 2:31 AM [ in reply to Try not to end my day on a sour note with the Falcons Fever! ]

i had falcon feaver one time... good thing i got that ointment in time!

Re: Try not to end my day on a sour note with the Falcons Fever!

Jan 16, 2005, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Try not to end my day on a sour note with the Falcons Fever! ]

As a Panther and Clemson Tiger fan I must say I would never get on a bandwagon with anytype of bird, be it falcon, eagle or coot!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This man is a heckuva coach, and

Jan 16, 2005, 8:04 AM

as a coot, I wish you wouldn't have gotten him. ;) People who think otherwise are crazy. He can recruit and coach...only a matter of time.

I agree 100%***

Jan 16, 2005, 8:15 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Relax...it's a vocal (very small) minority who seriously...

Jan 16, 2005, 8:54 AM

...question OP at this point.

All fan bases have them, also many are our feathered friends stirring things up. They're pathetic, but everything about that school pretty much is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2005, 9:47 AM

You are right, CLem. Joe; OP and CU do not have the personnel yet to win consistently in ACC. Even against other lower echelon programs. The turnovers are killing the Tiger team right now as well as poor exterior shooting and worse foul shooting. I am confident that he is taking steps to get it corrected and hope to see some remedies to our current deficiencies w/i the next two seasons. The play of our(better)young players is still spasmodic and the leadership of our older backcourt players is not there. VT is not very experienced either and they wore us out in the backcourt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ya!!!***

Jan 16, 2005, 1:53 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic