Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys, come on, let's be honest. Nothing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Guys, come on, let's be honest. Nothing...

Oct 4, 2009, 8:30 AM

is going to change with Clemson University's football program. The BOT is in charge and they are not going anywhere. They are untouchable. Football is not important at Clemson and it's not going to be. We are what we are (which is blatantly average) and it will not change tomorrow, December 2009 or 2015. You can dig up Vince Lombardi and put him on the sidelines and he would be average. The Clemson football program is not about winning and it has not been since 1990. It's about a fun weekend for the school, no embarrassing incidents and $2,000,000 per year for the general fund of the university. Write your letters, send your emails, make your phone calls but it will not matter. Not one bit. I'm sorry but I've finally given up. After being an IPTAY Life Donor, now a Heisman Donor, I simply am too old to suffer like this. You young turks are in charge now and God have mercy on you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey I can't blame you for dumping your donorships. At this

Oct 4, 2009, 8:40 AM

point you are just pissing away your $$$. Save that money and go to the Caymen Islands or something or take your grandkids to Disney. Or, give it to your local place of worship...it would go to good use then, you know?

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm just too old to....

Oct 4, 2009, 8:47 AM

waste a gorgeous weekend being mad and upset. In all honesty the fans and the coaches are the only people dying to win. TDP does not care, the BOT is only irritated by the 'redneck" fans, Barker and the administration think we're mindless goobers and the coaches are clueless as to what to do next. Making Dabo HC was the equivalent of making me president of GM. So you are left with the fans writing checks and wasting their Saturdays. It's life or death to us but to Barker and the BOT it's just not that important.

Re: Exactly what I was thinking. I'm just too old to....

Oct 4, 2009, 8:53 AM

Have you, like I, been preaching this message for many years now, with many agreeing and no one doing a d@mn thing about it? In your opinion, is there any possible action that can reverse the conspiracy that destroyed what we cherished so much?

I've been trying for 19 years. Only one...

Oct 4, 2009, 8:59 AM

thing that I know of...an empty stadium.

the BOT won't bring in a Vince Lombardi

Oct 4, 2009, 8:41 AM

but if they did, we'd win.

Re: Guys, come on, let's be honest. Nothing...

Oct 4, 2009, 8:42 AM

i posted yesterday that iptay is going to have to make me an offer i cannot refuse for me to show up next year.i will call and lay it out to them,but they will brush me off.

So why is our BOT so against us being a power like 80's?

Oct 4, 2009, 8:43 AM

They used to support it to the max.

I hate Max Lennon!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have met with 4 former or existing...

Oct 4, 2009, 8:52 AM

members of the BOT. They do not want another big-time football program at Clemson. If they did AARC would not even be in existence. They want a play-nice-in-the-sandbox, non-controversial, above average program. That and nothing more. If we can keep packing 80,000 in the stands on Saturdays then they can withdraw their $2,000,000 per year for an overhead application. That is what is important. Not winning. That's not really even a consideration.

This is incredibly depressing.****

Oct 4, 2009, 8:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It that is true--we will never be any good until the

Oct 4, 2009, 9:01 AM [ in reply to I have met with 4 former or existing... ]

attitude of the BOT changes. That just really sucks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The attitude of the BOT will not....

Oct 4, 2009, 9:05 AM

change. Think of the kind of people that they are. Successful. Very successful. They don't make bad decisions. Their attitude is that we are a gang of stupid, uneducated, redneck goobers that need to sit down and shut up. Oh, and send in our checks. They need our money.

Playing nice in the sandbox dosen't cut it and I do think

Oct 4, 2009, 9:11 AM

year after year of losing the type of games we do has had an impact on the fans--I think the money and the support is just on the cusp of falling off in a big way. People are tired of seeing a product that makes them unhappy. Not sure how they would affect the BOT.

Why do you think they instituted the seat exchange program?

Oct 4, 2009, 9:12 AM [ in reply to The attitude of the BOT will not.... ]

Go ahead and vote with your dollars and lower your donation to the minimum... and watch your seats as they are taken away

i am ready to let mine go,no problem***

Oct 4, 2009, 9:13 AM

I have 14 seats now and I'm letting...

Oct 4, 2009, 9:15 AM

probably 4-6 go back next year. It's just not worth it. I have worked too hard and I honestly don't need this garbage in my life. I'm really just too old to have to live and die with Clemson football.

i'll let all 8 of mine go***

Oct 4, 2009, 9:17 AM

Letters dont matter, vote with your wallet!!***

Oct 4, 2009, 3:10 PM

It's OK! Really.....

Oct 4, 2009, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Why do you think they instituted the seat exchange program? ]

Have you not witnessed and do they not realize that one can now contribute nothing, go to Death Valley on Saturday and buy as many tickets as you wish on the street for 60-70% of face value? If we keep funding their folly we are indeed stupid!

RJ: Based upon my conversations with....

Oct 4, 2009, 9:34 AM

numerous fans over the weekend this game probably did it for this season. Many fans are just going to stay away for the rest of the season. The BOT will act like it doesn't matter but deep down they know that dollars in 2010 will drop dramatically unless they make up a gameplan of spin. The problem is that it will be all spin. The coaching profession knows that you can't win at Clemson. Too many roadblocks by the BOT and administration. It is a hopeless cause.

Re: RJ: Based upon my conversations with....

Oct 4, 2009, 9:37 AM

i've got great parking and have fun tailgating,so i will likley go (if no rain)rest of this year

Re: RJ: Based upon my conversations with....

Oct 4, 2009, 11:24 AM

Fine. Could be fun. May I suggest that you just stay in the parking lot during the game and enjoy the social aspect, rather than going inside the stadium to ruin your day!

I hope you're wrong, and this is nothing more than one of

Oct 4, 2009, 3:18 PM [ in reply to I have met with 4 former or existing... ]

the seemingly endless supply of "I have an inside source" type posts that have littered this site for a long time. But I tend to believe exactly what you're saying, because in my opinion, as I've been saying for a little while now, Clemson does not take this program seriously. The fat cats are happy because the sheep pour in every week and swallow whatever is given. So I'm definitely inclined to believe you/them.

This is correct; unfortunately I agree. *******

Oct 4, 2009, 4:36 PM [ in reply to I have met with 4 former or existing... ]

I'm guessing they probably think football is only a part of

Oct 4, 2009, 3:15 PM [ in reply to So why is our BOT so against us being a power like 80's? ]

Clemson. But you'd think there's a middle ground to optimise their situation, I mean BCS bowls pay huge checks. Mike Leach among others have won awards with graduation rates, so those coaches are out there.

Unless it has little to do with money and more about power.

Oct 4, 2009, 8:47 AM

Best statement and descriiption of the situation I've seen yet. The emotional outbursts of many who haven't a clue as to what happened in 1990 and the 20 years since will accomplish nothing. The BOD and Admin simply do not care what any of us thinks. I'm with you. I've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and countless hours in support since the early 70's. Saw 158 games in a row (home and away) during one stretch. There was passion then. There was respect. It meant something to go on the reaod and have people realize that you were a part of something outstanding. Max Lennon convinced the Admin in 1990 to change the course of Clemson athletics. Too bad so many of you who are so loyal to Clemson and this board will most likely never know how it feels to be respected in the eyes of our opponents. Having reached the twilight of my years, I'm ready to move on to something else. Why? Becasue this has become so routine that it's not even painful anymore. That's the saddest part of all.

Spot on RJ. We were top 3 program of the 80s and max ruined

Oct 4, 2009, 8:53 AM

it.

RJ: Best post of the weekend for....

Oct 4, 2009, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys, come on, let's be honest. Nothing... ]

us old guys. We've been to the mountaintop and the view is fantastic. I drove home from Miami on January 2, 1982 with a smile that lasted 850 miles. I'm sorry for the young guys who will never feel what we felt. I'm sorry for Clemson, I'm sorry for our alumni, I'm too old to be mad any longer and I'm just plain sorry...and disgusted.

Right there with you brother.

Oct 4, 2009, 9:16 AM

Maybe we could get together and share old times, great times, and have an adult beverage for our troubles. It was a great ride while it lasted though. Reminds me of a song by Montgomery Gentry - "One Trip", you don't rally appreciate the ride till it's over, and you sure as heck have no idea how long it'll last.

Oct 4, 2009, 8:56 AM

I sure agree and that is a pure shame!!I guess I will just save my $$$$ and try to not let it hurt so much!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2009, 8:58 AM

Exactly!One thing can bring down Barker and TDP.Money!Lower the Iptay donations and dont give to the academic fund until football becomes the priority it should be.Dont go to the games;leave that seat empty.

Sorry, football should never be the #1 priorty of a SCHOOL

Oct 4, 2009, 3:12 PM

If they're going to have a football team, they should do everything they can to see it win, but never over academics.

Oct 4, 2009, 9:35 AM

Aww come on. We beat the hell out of the coots in November and, as usual, everyone will be right back on the bandwagon.

Well, I don't think that we will beat the...

Oct 4, 2009, 9:42 AM

coots but this is a very bad, and I mean VERY BAD offensive football team. If we go to Columbia 3-8 or 4-7, then that game will not matter. The BOT will need a sacrificial lamb and I know his name.

Oct 4, 2009, 2:33 PM

This post and threads that follow is exceptional...in that it is so full of fact and truth that summmarizes what is truly wrong with our program...also, so sad, it will not change...I have been posting this for two years and am at least glad others on here are now posting the same thing and agreeing with it. Maybe this is the first step to change.

How do you get -7 points with 16 points for this post ?????***

Oct 4, 2009, 2:56 PM

I was wondering the same!****

Oct 4, 2009, 3:01 PM

If I can offer an outsider's opinion

Oct 4, 2009, 3:31 PM

It sounds like the BOT thinks that a winning program will necessarily come with controversy that harms the image of the school. While that may certainly be a trend, I don't think it's written in stone.

As a GT man, I think PJ will have us consistently in the top 25, assuming we can shore up our defense. Maybe higher. And I think he'll do that without making the wrong kind of headlines and recruiting the wrong kind of players. A PJ at Clemson could be consistently in the top 10. You have the fan base, you have the stadium, and you have the excitement, even when things aren't going that well. If they get the right person, and I'm not saying they haven't, you can win on Saturdays and still keep whatever they're afraid of from happening.

Anyway, I'm bored & that's my $.02

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are RIGHT and I have been saying that we should

Oct 4, 2009, 5:15 PM

have gone hard after Paul Johnson for years now. Unfortunately, the Jackets got him first and I don't see him jumping ship anytime soon now

I'm surprised having someone like Bill Smith on the BOT that

Oct 4, 2009, 3:40 PM

he can't help the the attitued of them.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic