Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TDP-Where Are You?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,304

TDP-Where Are You?

Sep 13, 2009, 11:20 PM

TDP,if you havn't noticed,our once proud men's soccer program lost again today. This time to the school you want us to be like,Wake Forest. By the way,they are the 2nd ranked team in the nation.Does this not embarass you as our AD because this all falls on your shoulders. As a graduate and Iptay doner,it makes me sick to see where our athletic program has has gone since you became AD. This once proud soccer program lost to Gardner Webb at the beginning of the year and will probably not win an ACC match this year. Also,great hire in women's soccer as well. If you havn't noticed,they lost to SC Friday night by the score of 5-0 and today,they lost to Furman 2-1.Get off your duff and do something about this. I'm sick of this, If we arn't going to be competitive and give our student/athletes the best coaching possible,then stop wasting Iptay funds by giving scholarships.If you are not going to play the games to win,then hell quit playing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TDP-Where Are You?

Sep 13, 2009, 11:58 PM

I couldn't agree more. How can you let a program that is, or maybe now once was, considered to be a top 10 program of all time fall off a cliff. The Clemson Athletic Department has ignored soccer. If it wouldn't have been for Ibrahim it never would've been anything. Then Adair came in and did a pretty good job for a while and now our admin has just turned a blind eye here. The facilities have not had any significant upgrades in decades.

Just throwing a good thing away for the sake of doing it. Our soccer program was on cruise control for 20 something years and now look where it is. We need to write these jerks.

I didn't donate this year, 1st time since '98 I haven't

Sep 14, 2009, 12:10 AM

had season tickets for football and I can't say I've missed them. The university is really letting me down with a lot they are doing. TDP did some good things at Ok St so I can't can't help but wonder if it's the BoT or Barker tying his hands.

How many people actually CARE about soccer...

Sep 14, 2009, 12:14 AM

until the team loses and doesn't meet their "expectations"? Most Clemson fans would raise all kinds of sand if money were spent on Riggs Field instead of Death Valley. Did you bother to notice that Clemson defeated Alabama and former Clemson coach Todd Bramble in an exhibition game earlier this season? How many people here have attended a soccer game this season? I've been to most of them, men's and women's. I didn't make it to today's because I was at baseball practice watching guys hit balls into the new stands.

I care

Sep 14, 2009, 8:16 AM

I've been a huge proponent of non-rev sports for awhile. Yes I was glad that we beat Alabama - but that should be a given as should beating all SEC programs in women's soccer. The Leones would not have lost to South Carolina 5-0... I'm not sure they ever even lost to SC. Women's soccer hasn't been the same since the Leones left.

And no, I haven't made a game this season because I'm several states away... and missing non-rev games are one of the main reasons I want to move back closer to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHA, exhibition. Our Soccer program sucks balls now if

Sep 14, 2009, 9:01 AM [ in reply to How many people actually CARE about soccer... ]

we are celebrating wins that don't count. Jesus, you will sugarcoat anything related to Clemson.

Truely depressing for once noble program, Coaching searches

Sep 14, 2009, 1:11 AM

and facilities are at the bottom of priorities. Atbleaset recruit local and help the locacl soccer clubs like CESA. usc-c is and it sure did'nt low their quanlity of play

In these tough economic times, let's just

Sep 14, 2009, 8:07 AM

shut down every program except Football, Baseball, and Men's basketball. (And golf because Lucas can fund that)

We'll put all that saved money into hiring a bunch of GA's like Bama does in football. Maybe we can even hire a big time pitching coach in baseball. We can also put some cash to the side for some top notch recruits in the 3 major sports. (No I don't mean paying off players to come here, just offer it to them as a "thank you" for signing with Clemson and a little money to have dinner on.)

I truly believe I would be an outstanding athletic director and would bring some well deserved championships back to Clemson.

I'm also souring on TDP

Sep 14, 2009, 8:12 AM

While I think he's doing fair with the "big 3" programs, I think he's running the non-rev programs into the ground. Both soccer programs, both track programs, men's tennis, and women's basketball are a shadow of their former selves. Women's rowing is probably the only non-rev sport that has significantly improved under TDP. Golf and women's tennis have stayed about the same quality.

If it weren't for OP's success, I think TDP would already be gone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are getting killed in because we can onlly offer a

Sep 14, 2009, 9:42 AM

limited # of scholarships outside of football and basketball and with the state of SC cutting funding to about 16% of the budget, the only way to make ends meet is to raise tuition. Out of state kids can't afford to come here w/o scholarships and can get better deals at surrounding schools and there is not enough talent in state to support these programs. That is the problem plain and simple, although TDP still sucks for not fighting for our school more when it comes to the ACC.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,304
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic