Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SIAP--from the free board on ards site... Mark Herzlichs dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

SIAP--from the free board on ards site... Mark Herzlichs dad

Jun 16, 2009, 8:16 PM

Thanks to Clemson fans and program Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of you may know me because I've come on here before talking about the respect I've got for Clemson fans but most of you won't. My son is Mark Herzlich, the Boston College linebacker recently diagnosed with bone cancer. I just wanted to come on here and once again say how classy the entire Clemson program is.

Since Mark was diagnosed, we've received kind wishes from all over the country, but nothing like whats come from Clemson, S.C. Mark's received a card signed by the team. He received a personal note from Coach Swinney. Yesterday he received a Clemson football signed by more members of the squad.

My first exposure to Clemson fans was in the fall of 2006 when BC played Clemson in Boston. The local bars were full of people dressed in orange handing out $2 bills with tiger paws stamped on them. Both endzones were full of orange jerseys. The best thing though was that everyone was enjoying the game, the festivities and the competition without hate or confrontation and with plenty of respect. My thought was, "if Clemson folks are this great on the road, I've got to go down there and see them at home!"

I went to Clemson for our game in 2007 and wasn't disappointed. Probably the greatest college football game atmosphere I'd ever enjoyed! Fans were friendly and welcoming and truly enjoying the day. Best away trip I've ever been on.

Last year was a repeat of 2005. Orange clad fans everywhere. Many taking pictures of BC fans tailgating in a 6 story parking garage - that's just something you don't see in the South! Importantly, y'all won that game and were every bit as courteous and enjoyable in victory as you had been in defeat. True fans. Mark's not going to be able to play this year but we're planning on going to Clemson for the game anyway because I know it will be a great experience.

Anyway - thanks for being a credit to college football fans and thanks to your program for all the support they've shown to Mark. It's refreshing to see a program that understands that the people you play are your opponents and competitors - not your enemies.

If you're going to be a bear - be a grizzly!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

This is a great story. I am glad to hear that players and

Jun 16, 2009, 8:56 PM

fans of opposing teams are rallying behind Mark Herzlichs during a tough time for him and his family. The fact that Mark's father said what he did really says a lot. How can you not be proud to be a Clemson fan after reading that?

I also think a lot of BC and their fans. They are a classy bunch, and I am glad they are in the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: SIAP--from the free board on ards site... Mark Herzlichs dad

Jun 16, 2009, 8:59 PM

This sums up what separates Clemson people from all others and makes us proud to be Tigers....high class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SIAP--from the free board on ards site... Mark Herzlichs dad

Jun 16, 2009, 11:15 PM

Thanks for your post and the nice compliment to our fans. We are both a passionate and a compasionate fan base. I know I speak for all Tiger fans when I wish your son and your family our prayers and best wishes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic