Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Idiotic Criticism of Tiger Golf (from Tigernetters).. LONG!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Idiotic Criticism of Tiger Golf (from Tigernetters).. LONG!!

May 14, 2009, 3:33 PM

Alright, I admit, I don't post often. However, when I read idiotic posts about how the Clemson Golf Team is "choking" today, or choking in general with regards to the Regional Qualifier, I have to vent.

First of all, this is in fact, a Regional Qualifier. Therefore, although you want to have a good showing and leave the week with confidence, your main priority is to finish 5th or better (to play the next week). Oh, and by the way, its three days.

A lot of posts today have stated that the Clemson Golf Team is resembling "Typical Clemson." And a lot of these posts are coming from those who "understand" or "play" the game of golf. My opinion, those posters are mistaken.

Let me break it down.

First, the Tiger Golf Team will more than likely finish the day in 6th position (or in other words 1 spot from your main goal with two more days to obtain your MAIN GOAL). Here is a breakdown of the scores.

Virginia, Tennessee, Wake, Alabama, and Illinois will all be ahead of the Tigers at the end of Day 1. However, with the way the scoring is going, Virginia (who lead all day) may not finish in the lead.

As a matter of fact, I just refreshed the scores, and while I had a great breakdown of where schools currently stood (relation to score) with the amount of holes each school had left to play, all of my points came true (so I'll spare the breakdown). The Tigers just reached T-6th. More than likely, they will finish the day in solo 6th, just three shots back of 5th (see main goal again).

Second point, did any of you who are ranting about the three 81s posted by the Tigers think to take a look at where they stood individually. Currently, its T-53 out of 75 golfers. My prediction is that it will continue to sneak inside the top 50. Don't get me wrong this is not great by any means, but the fact of the matter is, the golf course is hard. And oh by the way, not a single player is under par today.

Third point, please take a look at the course layout. Google Galloway National Golf Course, and you will notice a Fazio layout which is very demanding.

Last point, from a golf standpoint, please look at the forecast. There is a front moving into Galloway, NJ. And currently, the winds are blowing 24 MPH with gusts up to 36 MPH. Oh, and that Fazio layout I mentioned, is surronded by water and marsh.

With all that said, just take this with a grain of salt. I'm just complaining just like the majority of you out there. The only difference, I wish those who don't actually understand the position of where the Clemson Tiger Golf stands and the difficulty of the conditions they are facing would just spare those of us who do understand. Oh, and a parting note, the Tiger Golf Team will in fact, challenge for the Regional Championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, I didn't feel like typing all that out. I AGREE***

May 14, 2009, 3:53 PM

I wasnt complaining about the team choking

May 14, 2009, 3:55 PM

my post was just stating it wasnt a great start. I agree with you, its much too early to write anything off. There is alot of golf left and like you said they only have to be top 5. But it isnt the best of starts. Hopefully this will be our off day and we will be more on the remaining rounds.

He's talking about Tigerman39 if I had to guess***

May 14, 2009, 3:56 PM

You left Kennesaw for G-ville? good for you!***

May 14, 2009, 4:32 PM

Getting married, it happens man!***

May 14, 2009, 5:00 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1