Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Adair
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,867

Trevor Adair

Apr 14, 2009, 8:44 PM

I am hopeful that this situation is cleared up quickly and that Coach Adair remains just that baring facts that truly reveal his character to be susspect. My business partner of 23 years spent the night in jail 15 years ago when his teenage daughter went missing for 6 hours, came home hammered at 3 a.m. at the age of 16. She proceeded to scream at the top her lungs and call he mom an F------ B---- and upon hearing that, my partner slapped her accross the face and told her to get to bed. AN hour and a half later he was woken by police at his home, to arrest him for assault. The 16 year old had called the police and they took him to jail. As a footnote, the daughter and father are thick as theves now. The bottom line is whatever he did long term worked. The daughter loves her dad and vice versa and the kid is smart and a mother now.

When I heard about this incident..that is what I thought about. IF Trevor Adair had a history of this it should be well documented. If not then I hope is still our coach. ###### shame either way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You pretty much summed up my thoughts

Apr 14, 2009, 8:51 PM

I think it's a tragedy that this has happened. I've worked with Coach Adair in the past and this seemed EXTREMELY out of character for what I know of him. Obviously he did something that went too far, but I'm hoping it was circumstantial and that when those circumstances are revealed then this can be settled in such a way that he remains our coach. If not, then I hope he can rebound from this and that he isn't just let go as our coach because somebody is trying to win the "I am the most PC person in the world" contest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is that in today's society you can't discipline

Apr 14, 2009, 9:07 PM

your children without it being abuse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like a comic I heard once. He said, " Judge, you say I can't

Apr 14, 2009, 9:13 PM

whip my child's butt in South Carolina?". Judge says , " No sir , you sure can't". The man says, " Dang, I'm goan half to drive all the way to Georgia to discipline my boy".

Yeah, and you would think of all places you would be able to

Apr 14, 2009, 9:29 PM

discipline your children in SC.

When I moved back to Alabama from Atlanta five years ago...

Apr 14, 2009, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Like a comic I heard once. He said, " Judge, you say I can't ]

one of the first things I saw was a mother spanking her kid in the middle of the aisle in the grocery store. My first thought...."it's good to be home".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know anything about the Adair situation but...

Apr 14, 2009, 9:25 PM

it scares the hell out of me that the government has more control over children than parents do. The 16 year old you mentioned deserved to be slapped in the face and I don't like knowing that the government can arrest a parent in a scenario like that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mom would have hit me so hard I wouldn't have been able to

Apr 15, 2009, 7:18 AM

call the police.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some kids need a lot more than a slap!!!!!

Apr 15, 2009, 10:16 AM

bad a$$ youngins I see runnin through stores, back talking, cursing parents.

sad!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,867
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic