Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden gonna be on ESPN halftime shows
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Tommy Bowden gonna be on ESPN halftime shows

Dec 26, 2008, 9:26 PM

tomorrow. should be interesting. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he will call Nick Saban for advice on how to

Dec 26, 2008, 9:40 PM

provide some good commentary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Maybe he will call Nick Saban for advice on how to

Dec 27, 2008, 12:10 AM

Sounds like you might be a little jealous he made millions at your expense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe he will call Nick Saban for advice on how to

Dec 27, 2008, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Maybe he will call Nick Saban for advice on how to ]

No question about it! Tommy Bowden deserves our respect. Unless I am mistaken, his graduation rates for football players are the best in Clemson history. I suspect the overal GPA of his teams also are no. 1. His players, by comparison to other southeastern schools, were paragons of virtue, when it came to brushes with the law. He is a good man and set a good example for his players.

His only failing was the most important measure, in that he did not win enough games and failed to win a conference championship. That said, his overall W/L record is not bad.

There are many schools which would do well to hire Tommy Bowden, and I suspect that for the '10 season, he will have a job, if he wants one.

^ lots of pointless posts above

Dec 26, 2008, 10:43 PM

Y'all need to let it go, especially for a man that picked our current head coach and wants nothing but the best for us and will be pulling for us. But I am not surprised at many of our fanbase anymore.

RE: Pointless posts....

Dec 26, 2008, 11:21 PM

I just looked under my Christmas Tree. The Christmas present for my Dad--an embroidered Orange Blanket with his initials CRW and a registered Tiger Paw--is still under there, and I cannot bear to bring it out and unwrap it.

You see, Dad passed away December 14, 2008 at age 89, and was a 1941 Graduate of Clemson in pre-med. He got his Diploma on one side of the amphitheater and his Commission as a Second Lieutenant in the Army on the other side. He spent 38 months in North Africa, Sicily, England, Normandy, France, Cenral Europe, Ardennes, Hurtguern Forest, and Germany before coming home at the end of the war. 54 years later in 1999, he finally got the Bronze Star he had earned in WWII.

He had contributed annually to IPTAY since June 1941, loved his Tigers, came to games annually until the late 80's. He taught us how to tailate out of our station wagon in the 50's and 60's, even after my sister and I were in school there. He even would turn the volume off on the TV when Clemson was televised and would listen to the play-by-play on the Clemson Radio Newtork to get the "proper Clemson perspective" on the game.

Mom told me last week that I must continue making his annual contribution to IPTAY so she can get the O&W delivered to her as a memorial to him.

Dad was wearing his Clemson Tiger Paw belt and Tiger Paw bedroom slippers for his funeral. My son and I had the privilege to reminisce about his life as a Tiger at his funeral. We even had Orange and Purple Roses for him at that time.

We all commented that Dad took about 30 minutes to get through the Pearly Gates, 'cause it probably took God that long to explain to Dad that Gamecocks do get into Heaven.

Dad is there now, having a great reunion with the members of the Class of 1941 that had preceded him, both as those who made the Ulimate Sacrifice in WWII, and those who came Later.

I have paraphrased the Clemson Alma Mater as follows:

"Where God's Glory Shines its greatness,
Where this Tiger Plays,
Here a Son of Dear Old Clemson
Lives in Peace Today.

And, Dear Father,
You have Triumphed
And with All God's Might,
That your Tiger Roar may Echo
O'er God's Mountain Heights."

In memory of:
Captain Clyde Roscoe Wright
USA 04144442
Clemson Agricultural College
Class of 1941
9/25/1919--12/14/2008

Ron Wright

Condolences on the loss of your dad....your post is a

Dec 27, 2008, 12:02 AM

very nice tribute to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Captain Clyde Roscoe Wright

Dec 27, 2008, 12:09 AM [ in reply to RE: Pointless posts.... ]

I'll bet he was a great man.. Sorry for yoour loss. But your loss was his gain, for he noe is in Eternity with OUR Father!!

Needs to be its own thread

Dec 27, 2008, 9:59 AM [ in reply to RE: Pointless posts.... ]

not hidden in this mess

Thanks for sharing - your father was definitely one of the special things "in those hills"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

One of the most poignant posts on tigernet I've ever seen

Dec 27, 2008, 10:40 AM [ in reply to RE: Pointless posts.... ]

Thank you for sharing that and this should be in the hall of fame.

One Clemson, folks....

Dec 27, 2008, 7:05 AM

...one Clemson.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic