Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest question...What if USC would have won 63-17?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Honest question...What if USC would have won 63-17?

May 21, 2004, 11:49 AM

What would be their reaction? I know how proud you guys are to beat a rival like that, however I was just wondering how would they have reacted if the situation would have been reversed....

You guys really seem to let the Gamecocks have it when they come on your board. I can definitely understand why, afterall it's a rivalry. Would the media have hammered Clemson if they would have gotten killed the way the Coots did? Would they have held a parade in downtown Columbia?

Clemson-USC for some reason seems to be one of the most underrated rivalries in the country. Even if it's lopsided in your favor. I'd usually equate to you guys beating your little brother up, and little brother keeps running his mouth all the time crying "Next year!"

What would have been little brother's reaction if they would have put it on you guys?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that.***

May 21, 2004, 11:52 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what if GTech had gotten into the End Zone??? *******

you know he' trying to be nice and you have to a jack@$$******

May 21, 2004, 11:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

It would have been 46 times more obnoxious had the score

been reversed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The world will never know.....

Cleomson has (always has and assumably always will) an intensity that can't be matched whenit comes to this rivalry. We take it seriously but don't bring the same type of determination that Clemson does. We may win but it'll never be like that never be 63-17 they fight too hard.

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

wow Paddy, thumbs up for that.***

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the truth is the thruth even if I don't like it*******

- catahoula

How did Dawg fans react to the 2002 score vs. Jackets? 51-7

I'm sure they didn't rub it in at all on Dawgvent or The Hive.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pure misery for GT fans....

May 21, 2004, 12:01 PM

Worst loss I've seen in 20+ years of watching GT sports...

I sat in the Georgia student section for half of that game. I sat through all of it, took the abuse, the laughter. Because I just wanted to remember...that was the worst it could get.

UGA fans let us have it BIG time. Deservedly so. I had never seen a Tech team roll over like that. And I have never in my life seen a team run off faster off a field as when our team ran off when the game ended.

Georgia fans came up with witty stuff like bringing "6:09" (get it 51 to 7) signs to our Thursday night game. We played inspired this past year, but made to many mental mistakes against an excellent team this year.

Georgia is rocking and rolling and are a legitamite national title contender for 2004.

Re: Honest question...What if USC would have won 63-17?

May 21, 2004, 11:53 AM

Tommy Bowden's house would have been packed with a U-haul running out front

Go to your "Facilities" thread below and read my post***

I read it...That's why I posted this...Giving you guys props

May 21, 2004, 12:02 PM

NM

When usEc beat us 56-20 in 1975 our administration

May 21, 2004, 11:55 AM

resolved that this would not happen again. Since that game we are 19-7-1 vs the gamecocks. Dont get mad. Get even.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

That's not a lot different then 61 to 34 ratio wise***

May 21, 2004, 1:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it's a lot different - like 73% winning.***

May 21, 2004, 1:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honest Answer: This stupid thread would not exist! ;)***

May 21, 2004, 11:57 AM

If you want the truth man.

May 21, 2004, 12:00 PM

What would have happened is that when we would have beat
them the next time they would have gone on about the two CWS games and the 2001 20-15 and the Outback Bowls and the 1996 basketball team and Sterling Sharpe and how tough Ryan Brewer is supposed to be and how Lou is the 2nd coming and how the Colonial Center is so nice

That sort of stuff. Just say stuff that doesn't make sense. Just a bunch of idiots that have a football team that is become a mainstay of mediocrity and below when they give a guy a contract extension and are just keeping him around because of his name. Let the truth be told Lou Holtz don't impress me at all. As a coach or a motivator. If gamecock fans want to her someone motivate you go listen to Joe Gibbs.

Re: Why not ask the same question on the FGF? But I guess..

May 21, 2004, 12:39 PM

either way you get a biased opinion. No one knows what would happen, but my guess would be much of the same. We would use it as a comeback to everything and love it all year round.

The Historic Horseshoe

What if I did not hit on fat chicks when I get drunk???***

May 21, 2004, 1:40 PM

Well, to go way back, I remember when they did beat us .....

May 21, 2004, 3:04 PM

very, very badly back in the early 70s (I think it was) when Jim Carlen was the coach. They put 50+ on us and were pouring it on to the very end. I think the QB may have been Jeff Grantz. That was over 30 years ago, and it still stings. Actually it stings more because I was so ticked they were trying to score as many as they could rather than backing off when the outcome was no longer in question. Of course, that is from the CU perspective, and as they always say, it's the offense's job to score and our defense's job to stop them. Fortunately that was a rather isolated experience in the overall scheme of things, so I guess a good thumping from them every 30 to 40 years is to be expected!

I have a serious question though for all GTech fans...

May 21, 2004, 4:14 PM

How does it make you feel when a team like Clemson or UGA comes into Bobby Dodd and brings almost, if not more fans than Tech fans can pull in??? I have been to the past 3 Clemson games in Atlanta and watch this years UGA vs. Tech game and WOW! there was a ton of bulldog fans there,...it looked on TV like the whole stadium was red. Not trying to start anything, just wanted to know how Tech fans took to stuff like that.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: GT fans have always been fickle

May 25, 2004, 8:48 AM

They show up out of the woodwork when they play good once every 15 years or so. The year they won the CO title in '91 their bandwagon fans were such idiots hanging out windows acting like fools when we were playing Illinois in Tampa. Good thing that's a rarity for GT's program. As long as Gailey is there, they'll be no factor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest question...What if USC would have won 63-17?

May 21, 2004, 10:54 PM

We would have fired all the coaches on the spot. A beating like that by a "D-II" team is not tolerated at CU.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic