Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YES!!! It's official,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

YES!!! It's official,

Oct 22, 2008, 10:10 PM

I'm a Clemson Tiger! I got my official acceptance letter in the mail, and I will be headed south next fall (along with a $13,000 a year scholarship)!!! Can't wait to cheer from the student section in DV and get tickets to basketball games, baseball games. There's so much more... its college, and its Clemson.

With this news, any suggestions on what dorm i should request for freshman year? I get the form next week.

Dabo better rally the tigers the rest of the season and get em ready for next year.

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations!

Oct 22, 2008, 10:13 PM

I hope your time there is as fulfilling as mine was. Best wishes!

no more herpes!?!***

Oct 22, 2008, 10:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES!!! It's official,

Oct 22, 2008, 10:18 PM

Congratulations! You will have a great time! I stayed in the horseshoe (Bryan Mall) my first year and loved it. Depends on what you want and where your classes are though. What's your major?

Oct 22, 2008, 10:26 PM

I declared, and got in, engineering. I would like to do either civil or go through the program to automotive engineering at CUICAR (which i think starts with either electrical or mechanical engineering basics. I would do mechanical.)

Your 1st year you'll be taking mostly gen. ed.s, so it won't

Oct 23, 2008, 4:10 PM

matter too much where you live on campus. I lived on the Horseshoe & loved it. However, since Harcomb has been renovated, West Campus seems to be gaining popularity. I'm not sure if the time table for all the renovations on West Campus has been firmed up, though. Congrats, & enjoy the best 4 years of your life!

Congratulations!***

Oct 22, 2008, 10:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2008, 10:25 PM

Congrats! How did you find out so soon? I thought they didn't let anyone know until February?

Oct 22, 2008, 10:28 PM

Apparently if you get your application in earlier, they will send you the letter sooner. After talking with admissions, I was expecting something maybe in early December, but yeah, this is really soon. Not complaining though! Hopefully it wont cause senioritis to kick in earlier.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Clemson family.

Oct 22, 2008, 10:31 PM

I stayed in the shoeboxes my freshman year, and really enjoyed it. You will want to loft your bed, get a carpet remnant to cover the hard floor, and have space for a couch and TV under one of the lofts. You have a nice walk-in closet, which you won't find in other dorms.

The advantage to the shoeboxes is that they are centrally located (dining hall very close, near most classes, just up the hill from Death Valley, and the closest walk to Littlejohn).

East Campus is also nice. I lived in Byrnes my second year and enjoyed it too. It's co-ed so the advantages are self-explanatory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Congratulations! Welcome to the Clemson family.

Oct 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Awesome, thanks. Aren't they supposed to be redoing Harcombe and the bowling alleys along with new dorms soon? I mean, obviously not between now and next fall.

Congrats! I suggest Byrnes Hall. It was a blast.***

Oct 22, 2008, 10:48 PM

agreed. Byrnes Hall was a blast.

Oct 22, 2008, 11:05 PM

i wasn't particularly fond of the shoeboxes, but to each his own. congrats on getting accepted - believe me when i say this - you are about to have the time of your life.

Oct 22, 2008, 11:07 PM

Congrats, it will be the best years of your life.

Check your T-mail***

Oct 22, 2008, 11:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Byrnes is by far the nicest dorm for freshmen guys.

Oct 22, 2008, 7:41 PM

Carpet floors and nicer restrooms. Not to mention that when living in the Horseshoe, there are two high-rises full of girls and two sorority low-rises, compared to one high-rise and one low-rise with guys... It makes for nice scenery if nothing else.

Oct 22, 2008, 11:44 PM

Try to get a 2nd floor room in Byrnes--it's a high rise. Get your request in early--preferably with a roomate already arranged. You don't want to end up in an overflow room--a modified storage closet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lever...i had a lot of fun in there!***

Oct 23, 2008, 12:08 AM

Me too! But only if this newbie is female!

Oct 23, 2008, 4:11 PM

Haha, we didn't really ask, did we?

Johnstone D Section... oh wait.***

Oct 23, 2008, 12:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awww, sorry. :(***

Oct 23, 2008, 4:11 PM

Oct 23, 2008, 12:10 AM

Byrnes is the best...I mean there are a ton of freshman and sophmore girls in the area.

J Stone ftw

Oct 23, 2008, 12:25 AM

Congrats, i hope you enjoy your time here as much as i have

Could you give some details .......

Oct 23, 2008, 8:37 AM

about your scholarship? I'm out-of-state and have one that will be applying in the next couple of years.

Congrats! Go Tigers!!!!!***

Oct 23, 2008, 10:33 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic