Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone please view this image of a bubble screen:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1,337

Everyone please view this image of a bubble screen:

Jun 11, 2008, 7:29 PM

This is a typical bubble screen. There are slight variations of this play but the typical action is to throw to your slot receiver or a running back curling around the outside receiver(s) who at the snap of the ball runs towards the line of scrimmage to seal the nearest pursuit defender(s). You create a bubble so to speak for the receiver to run around.

We run many different screens but very rarely run a bubble screen. For the love of all things holy i wish some of you playstation coaches would stop calling every single short pass play a bubble screen.

Please note the play where we run Aaron Kelly or an outside receiver towards the middle, and dump him the ball in traffic to make a play (see the TD play against Florida State) is not a bubble screen.

Please save this post or the image to your hard drive for future discussions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'fraid this will fall on deaf ears

Jun 11, 2008, 7:37 PM

to get that crowd, you need to go to an Xbox convention or dungeons and dragons tourney. ;)

Did someone say Xbox Convention?

Jun 11, 2008, 7:47 PM

WHERE???

Dude, just because you're able to google "bubble screen"

Jun 11, 2008, 7:50 PM

& cut and paste a diagram on a message board doesn't make you an offensive coordinator

i bet you say every pass under 5 yards is a bubble screen.***

Jun 11, 2008, 7:54 PM

Re: Everyone please view this image of a bubble screen:

Jun 11, 2008, 8:00 PM

Call them what you will .............they seldom work! Downfield blocking is a must.We don't do that very well either. You can only run the plays that the offensive line allows you to run. Thus you see only an occassional deep ball. Maybe things will change!

it looks to me like the screen averages more than a run.

Jun 11, 2008, 8:10 PM

the object isn't to get 50 yards with every play. Some of you guys say we run nothing but bubble screens yet we averaged 7 yards a pass. Plus it sets up other plays.

the screen is a great play and i don't mind it one bit. One thing is for sure and thats that it isn't going anywhere. Might as well get used to it.

you get 9 points for posting my post from 4/15....nice!

Jun 11, 2008, 8:35 PM

http://tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=538935&messageID=5951888#5951888

Plagiarism has no bounds!***

Jun 11, 2008, 9:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

whatever dude, all your bubble screens are ours***

Jun 11, 2008, 9:21 PM

Jun 11, 2008, 9:32 PM

So what WE run are different dinky-dunk passes that don't do a thing but get our guys killed (see VT '07) or give opposing DEs touchdowns (see NCSU '06).

And please spare me the "it sets other things up" routine. It sets other things up when you do it once, maybe twice a game. If you do it 8 times, all it sets up is a fired up defense.

Wrong on several counts

Jun 12, 2008, 12:43 PM

The play where ford got nailed wasn't any type of screen and even if it was sometimes players get hit hard and sometimes there are interceptions regardless of the playcall. Our offense in very productive and moves the chains.

Moves the chains vs. Furman....

Jun 12, 2008, 7:30 PM

what happened against good defenses like VT, DUDE?

We are VERY predictable on offense, DUDE, and when we play teams with good defensive talent and coaching, we look pathetic..... DUDE.

What are the other "counts" on which I'm wrong there Mr. Lombardi? Get off your 18 year old high horse,,,,DUDE.

Wrong on several more counts.

Jun 12, 2008, 9:39 PM

See my "thats incorrect" post somewhere below this one.

Dude, you keep quoting "wrongs" , but give proof...

Jun 14, 2008, 9:07 PM

of none. Recess is over, go back to class, dip$hit.

What do you mean?

Jun 20, 2008, 7:41 PM

These are facts, Wolfie:

http://www.tigernet2.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=6147262

Jun 11, 2008, 9:42 PM

Just for "GIGGLES" please check into TAC tomorow..some of the coaches present each and every day would love to dispute this excellent presentation

Jun 11, 2008, 10:49 PM

We run LOTS of bubble screens. You need to pay more attention to the games IMO. Just because it isn't drawn up exactly like you have it there doesn't mean it's not a bubble screen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No not really.***

Jun 12, 2008, 7:23 PM

You keep disagreeing with the replies, but provide nothing..

Jun 12, 2008, 7:32 PM

of substance.

Thats incorrect.,,,,,,,,,,

Jun 12, 2008, 9:38 PM

I've provided plenty of substance. Apparently you aren't really focusing on what you're reading .....

YOU: "what happened against good defenses like VT"

ME: "the first thing to note is VT and Auburn were 4th and 6th respectively on defense. They were ranked that high for a reason - because they were very good defensive teams.

Even considering that, against VT we had almost 100 yards and more than a TD over what they normally gave up. The ONLY team to have more yards against them was LSU. That and they had less than 100 yards at the half and still led 31-8. I don't think you can realistically fault Spence for that. Right?

Against Auburn we had only 5 less yards than they gave up on average and actually had 4 more points. I think we all know the reason we didn't do better in that game was because Harper was playing hurt and had his worst game of the year. Again, not Spence's fault. Right?"

YOU: "dinky-dunk passes that don't do a thing but get our guys killed (see VT '07)"

ME: "First, we averaged 7 yards a pass. That's among the top half of the NCAA. Secondly, the play where ford got nailed wasn't even any type of screen. Thirdly, we were 13th in the country in completion percentage. All together that's called moving the chains."

YOU: "or give opposing DEs touchdowns."

ME: "Sometimes players get hit hard and sometimes there are interceptions regardless of the playcall."

YOU: "spare me the "it sets other things up" routine."

ME: "We were the 4th rated passing offense, the 3rd rated rushing offense, and the 2nd rated scoring offense against league competition. All this was with a subpar offensive line who gave up the most sacks and tackles for loss in the league. Maybe more importantly, we've been the most balanced offense in the ACC in all of Spence's 3 years. That's a sign of great playcalling and keeping the defense off balance."

YOU: "It sets other things up when you do it once, maybe twice a game.

ME: "We were in the top 30 scoring teams in the country. We were the #1 scoring team, the #2 rushing team, the #3 passing team, #1 in 3rd down conversions, and #2 in redzone conversion in the ACC, when considering all competition. Again, this was with a subpar oline who was one of the worst in the country in sacks allowed and tackles for loss allowed. Just think what Spence could do if the oline gets better."

ME: That sir, is more "substance" than I suspect you'll be able to digest.

Unwad the panties and tell me where I ever ...

Jun 14, 2008, 9:12 PM

mentioned Auburn.

Wolfie, since Auburn was one of the best defenses in the

Jun 20, 2008, 7:43 PM

nation last year, I figured they were extremely relevant. You know? Try to stay on topic.

Fine. whichever play causes jacoby AND tyler to get creamed.

Jun 11, 2008, 11:21 PM

Stop doing that. Call it a hubble screen but don't do it.

slip screen, bubble screen, whatever. We run it too much.***

Jun 12, 2008, 12:46 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

No not really. I think our offensive production is well

Jun 12, 2008, 12:40 PM

documented, and with hopefully an improved oline play it will grow even better.

Re: No not really. I think our offensive production is well

Jun 12, 2008, 1:07 PM

Semantics aside, Spence always falls flat against good defenses. Va Tech, Auburn

Not sure what semantics have to do with it but there are

Jun 12, 2008, 7:19 PM

some problems with your "always" comments.

the first thing to note is VT and Auburn were 4th and 6th respectively on defense. They were ranked that high for a reason - because they were very good defensive teams.

Even considering that, against VT we had almost 100 yards and more than a TD over what they normally gave up. The ONLY team to have more yards against them was LSU. That and they had less than 100 yards at the half and still led 31-8. I don't think you can realistically fault Spence for that. Right?

Against Auburn we had only 5 less yards than they gave up on average and actually had 4 more points. I think we all know the reason we didn't do better in that game was because Harper was playing hurt and had his worst game of the year. Again, not Spence's fault. Right?

I would appreciate you posting your thoughts after seeing the facts.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1,337
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic