Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Arkansas & UF instantly eliminated and only one SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,124

So Arkansas & UF instantly eliminated and only one SEC

Jun 1, 2008, 9:36 AM

team in a winners' bracket while all ACC teams doing quite well, thank you. NOW does anybody see the idiocy of the "Selection Committee"? No way Arkansas should have gone - no way CU should have been left at home. No way the SEC should get 9 teams in and the ACC only 6. The NCAA should be investigating the makeup of good-ol-boys from the SEC on the committee instead of counting desserts and t-shirts. And get rid of the bumbling chairman who personally sunk us 2 years in a row.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe the SEC teams would have done better

Jun 1, 2008, 9:38 AM

if they didn't beat each other up all year. They might have done better if they got easier regionals too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State must not be SEC material ;-)***

Jun 1, 2008, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only lost because of the 1run mercy rule after 9.***

Jun 1, 2008, 10:57 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait to see one of those weak ACC teams send y'all

Jun 1, 2008, 11:09 AM

home, despite y'all having 4 early draft picks. Good coaching job Ray! Wins 8 more (7 if you consider the screw job at Duke) than us but we had a way younger team and played a more difficult schedule.

we don't need to be talking about anyones baseball team

Jun 1, 2008, 6:58 PM

or coach.

Re: We only lost because of the 1run mercy rule after 9.***

Jun 1, 2008, 11:18 AM [ in reply to We only lost because of the 1run mercy rule after 9.*** ]
pack.jpg(13.7 K)

Hi Rudy! The Blue Oyster closed on Sundays?***

Jun 1, 2008, 4:54 PM [ in reply to We only lost because of the 1run mercy rule after 9.*** ]

Agree with everything except one quote

Jun 1, 2008, 9:48 AM

"And get rid of the bumbling chairman who personally sunk us 2 years in a row. "

We sunk ourselves this year!I personally didn't think we deserved to get in,we lost every single game against UNC, USC, Fla. St and Miami (0-13)!!And topped it off with mercy rule game in conference tourney !

We sure as heck belonged in more than Arkansas and Dallas

Jun 1, 2008, 11:04 AM

Baptist and last year he screwed us by giving Miss St the super regional when we were rated higher.

Lets stop with the "we were screwed" talk

Jun 1, 2008, 11:18 AM

Last year came down to the bids. We were both 2 seeds and they bid higher. Thus, they hosted.

This year we didn't get it done. An argument can be made we should've been in before a number of teams that made it, but we were the ones who played two VERY bad games in Jacksonville when it counted. I'd love to have made it, but we simply didn't win enough to claim we absolutely belonged.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Thus, they hosted."

Jun 1, 2008, 4:53 PM

I thought it was already explained to you that there's supposed to be more to a site selection than the bid? Of course we will never know, but I think it's foolish to presume the Miss State guy on the committee had no bearing on the selection. Do you think it if was a Clemson guy the outcome would have been the same? I say no freakin' way.

Secondarily, there's supposed to be more to the tournament selection than how you do in your league tournament. I agree those first two games had an impact, but we did beat the snooze out of the #6 RPI team in our last game.

And also, you say we didn't belong. There are 64 teams that make up the field... I know the facts clearly show we we belonged more than at least two of them.

Arkansas - maybe Dallas - no way

Jun 1, 2008, 12:43 PM [ in reply to We sure as heck belonged in more than Arkansas and Dallas ]

they beat Rice twice and A - M once...thats more quality wins than we had all year. bottom line, they might not have played as many tough teams as we did, but they at least beat a top team.

I don't think there is any question the ACC was great

Jun 1, 2008, 12:33 PM

this year with the top of the conference. But do you honestly think you guys would have done any better out in Paulo Alto?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Hey clASSof09, are you aware the ACC was better than the SEC

Jun 1, 2008, 4:43 PM

in 8 of 12 spots?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,124
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic