Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was a great day in Clemson yesterday.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

It was a great day in Clemson yesterday.......

Apr 11, 2008, 10:01 AM

The wife and I grabbed the blanket and the frisbie and headed to one of our favorite places on this planet.....Bowman field on a gorgeous spring day! This routine had been a common occurence for us in our CU days. The temperature was perfect, around 78, and the skies very blue. We put our blanket down at the top of the hill near the cannons so that we could have a perspective of the field and the surrounding area. The trees are just starting to bud so there is still a bareness. But the dogwoods and azaleas are all in their glory. The air was filled with that just mowed grass smell that typifies a day on Bowman.....you ALL know what I mean! But there also is sweet odor of magnolia and boxwood and the cuisine of downtown Clemson. Bowman is particularly busy today because the Army is having a demonstration. The band, "Picture me Free", is playing all afternoon and announces a new CD release party at Tiger Town S,aturday night! The field is replete with fribee players, students enjoying the band and activities arranged by the Army and ROTC like a climbing wall. They announce that James Davis is coming to sign autographs. As I sit there, the "talent" that passes by on this day is.....in a word....incredible! Bowman is a magnet for beautiful women. All afternoon, there is a steady stream of students walking through the field, coming and going in all directions. The traffic that passes in front of Bowman certainly is heavier and steadier than I ever remembered, but then again, there weren't 17,000 students going here when I attended in the Middle Ages. As I look 360, I see the orange and purple flowers planted at the feet of Tom Clemson as you drive up to Tillman, but I also see that ####### ticket cop in those mini whatevers giving out tickets, which even to this day, makes me start worrying about where I parked and how long I've been there! By now I've petted a hundred dogs as the students use this beautiful day to exercise not only themselves, but their pets. The wife and I sit there on the blanket thinking that afternoons like this used to be routine and where it all "started" for us! It makes you wonder where the time has gone....yet nothing really here has changed. Two Clemson graduate daughters later, 31 &n 27, and a granddaughter....but looking out on this day, for us, nothing has really changed!! For those four hours, I could not have been more relaxed, more visually stimulated or more contemplative. I love CU football and I love tailgating. But this spot....this area....is Clemson to me. And as the Army started packing up and leaving, we knew it was about time to leave also. We had worked up a tremendous thirst that only a beer outside at Tiger Town could quench. So, as we were leaving, I knew that this had been one of those very special Clemson days that only we CU grads could ever understand....you know what I mean?????????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm blessed enough to see that every day, but

Apr 11, 2008, 10:08 AM

it was still great to read! I love that so many love this place!

Clemson is great in the Spring

Apr 11, 2008, 10:22 AM

As you say, 72, tailgaiting for football is a great exerience. But there is something very peaceful about being there in the quiet, peaceful spring.

I went up for a baseball game last spring, and spent the whole day wandering around campus, taking in the dogwoods & azaleas and just relaxing.

School was out when I was there, so Bowman was not as 'scenic', but still great.

Make sure you get some Clemson ice cream while you're there!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is great in the Spring

Apr 11, 2008, 10:36 AM

And some Clemson Bleu cheese.

Re: It was a great day in Clemson yesterday.......

Apr 11, 2008, 10:24 AM

I hear you my friend....nothing better. I wish that we could go back in time....just for a little while. Amazing how much more we'd appreciate it this time around....and that's saying a lot, because we appreciated it SO much back then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: It was a great day in Clemson yesterday.......

Apr 11, 2008, 10:35 AM

Certainly do know what you mean!!! Wish my husband and I had been there also.

Clemson is amazing...I ate outside at TTT yesterday too!***

Apr 11, 2008, 10:57 AM

Every Day at Clemson is a Great Day....correct ?***

Apr 11, 2008, 11:25 AM

Your lucky

Apr 11, 2008, 11:51 AM

I graduated in May and for some stupid reason I moved to Chicago. It's a great city, there are plenty of beautiful women, but it isn't Clemson. Everyday I think of when I'll be able to come back down. I'm trying to bring a couple friends that I have meet up here to a football game. They think its strange that I wear orange every friday, I wear my Clemson ring with pride, and that I have no problem sporting my Clemson watch as well. I tell them its a way of life at Clemson... To sum this up, i'm very jealous of all of you who get to have the luxury of walking around campus on a daily or weekly basis. Enjoy it.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic