Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it time for Clemson to kick Kornbutt to the curb?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Is it time for Clemson to kick Kornbutt to the curb?

Apr 5, 2008, 2:57 PM

I seldom listen to Korncoots show---mainly because I tire of the gamecock bias (though they certainly make a big show denying it) of everyone on the show. But it follows the local sports call-in show here and occasionally I'm busy and forget to turn the radio off.

Yesterday, I had the misfortune to listen to Mr.buttwipe as he continued the same debate of rotating the SC HS football championship (something, incidentally, tigrjm76 proposed YEARS ago) to spread the wealth to merchants around the state and keep the coots from having an unfair recruting average----Phil even admitted that in the last 5 years, of signees of the two schools who'd played in the giant cockroach--9 had signed w/ the coots and 4 had gone to Clemson (most of those from Byrnes). Predictably, Korncoot was adamantly opposed to changing the norm.

My gigantic problem with last night's show was that in one particular vehement rant, he called Clemson University Football Coach Tommy Bowden a "whiner.......and a COWARD" because, IMO, Coach Bowden was merely trying to eliminate an unfair recruting advantage for those jerks and had enlisted the aid of a legislator from Anderson to propose the change. Korncoot's thin veneer of non-bias evaporated and the malodorous stench of chicken mites began to exude from the radio. Korncrap even went so far as to state that Bowden needs worry about "winning a conference championship" and not about "Championship Week" at Williams-Brice.

By gumbo, its one thing when Tiger fans take issue with something our head coach has said or done, but I'm da*ned mad and pi**ed off when an a**hole chicken calls our coach " a coward" on the airwaves......especially when Clemson's athletic department affords Korncrap and his imbecilic associates excellent access to games and press conferences.

At this point, I don't even want an apology from that moron or anyone affiliated with his kindergarten show. I know nothing can be done about his calls to recruits, but Clemson can darn well limit (or better yet, completely eliminate) his media privileges on campus.

I hope Dr. Phillips hears of these insults and takes action...........efff Phil Kornblut, Kevin McCready and the rest of the ged candidates on that show.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is stupid for Bowden to worry about

Apr 5, 2008, 3:25 PM

where a high school game is played.

This game has nothing to do with college and shouldn't be tainted by making it involved with a college agenda.

The biggest factor in this game is making things easy for fans, students, teams, and all citizens of South Carolina to attend this game. It makes the most sense to host this game in Columbia because it is the most central and largest city in the state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

Re: I think it is stupid for Bowden to worry about

Apr 5, 2008, 3:28 PM

You don't hide your feathers too well ya know....

Yeah, but you're subjecting fans, players ans citizens of

Apr 5, 2008, 3:29 PM [ in reply to I think it is stupid for Bowden to worry about ]

South Carolina to Columbia. That's a crime in itself.

null

Basically you're talking about changing the location so that

Apr 5, 2008, 3:45 PM [ in reply to I think it is stupid for Bowden to worry about ]

about 20 players who may be Division I-A recruits can see other facilities.

I see the argument, but it seems like a big inconvenience for the vast majority of the players who will never play football at the collegiate level.

I don't care one way or the other, but to let recruiting of a relatively small number of players to drive the issue seems kinda silly.

However, if our legislature, in their infinite wisdom, wants to spin their wheels on this very important issue...be my guest.

Congrats on missing the point of the post......sigh

Apr 5, 2008, 3:49 PM [ in reply to I think it is stupid for Bowden to worry about ]

The post was not about the HS football debate (more on that in just a moment.) If indeed you are a Clemson student, alum or fan---do Korncraps comments not irk you?? Do you think Coach Bowden was being a "COWARD" by trying to even the recruiting ground--even if, by your estimation, its incorrect???

OK....these will be my only comments on this topic---and if you think "its not about colleges" then why not just a 3 year trial? If its not well attended or grows exceedingly unpopular, the SCHSSA can go back to norm. Nonetheless, why should the gas station owners, hotels, restaurants, etc. of Columbia be annually awarded this bonus simply because of their location and to the exclusion of the rest of the taxpaying businesses of the state? Rotating the championship series to other parts of the state would at least even out that grievous error. The costs would all even out.

Idiot Phil, during his vicious rant, mentioned the state of North Carolina as being "smart" enough to build their colleges in the same area. I hate to point out to him and you that the state of North Carolina, because of objections from other universities, STOPPED holding every sports championship in chapelhole and started ROTATING them amongst other campuses across state and found the events were even better attended because of ticket sales to locals who wouldn't have even thought of driving to chapelhole to see 2 teams whom they had no interest in play for a championship.!!!

You're entitled to your opinion about the rotation of the HS championships, but if Korncrap's comments about Clemson's football coach don't rile you, then I,m not certain I can explain my post further....and I'm not trying to slam you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your post was two fold...

Apr 5, 2008, 3:53 PM

one was on the issue, the other was the stupid remarks by kornkoot, which was really the point of the post. I didn't mean to thread jack, but I disagreed with you on moving the game around.

Korncoot is what he is and you have to take it that way. He says things that are dumb and most of those things are about Clemson.

I don't understand why he needed to call TB a coward, but Korncoot hates TB for some reason.

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

Re: He hates TB because Tb has kicked his coots about

Apr 5, 2008, 5:39 PM

80% of the time he has played them. He wants to keep the game in Columbia because his sponsors will benefit from the economic end of it. I don't know who buys ad time from his show but they are probably businesses in the Midlands.

Re: He hates TB because TB has kicked his coots

Apr 5, 2008, 5:47 PM [ in reply to your post was two fold... ]

buts about 80% of the time that he has played them. I would bet that Korn's advertisers are midlands businesses. That is why he wants to keep game in Columbia. South Carolina fans do not have a legitmate reason to keep the game there.

not to mention the best football program in this state

Apr 5, 2008, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Congrats on missing the point of the post......sigh ]

is located in Boone, NC. Thats right, App State Mountaineers. they are in the far northwest corner of NC, but they should get an opportunity to host the champ game, just like Clemson should

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

again the game should be in the best interest of the state

Apr 5, 2008, 4:04 PM

not a college football program.

-Danny Ford

post of the day!

Apr 5, 2008, 3:27 PM

countdown to rowdyman reply in 3, 2, 1, ....

CLEMSON or SC Fans

Apr 5, 2008, 3:51 PM

Asides from that...not ALL high school football players are Gamecock fans....As a high school player, if you were a Clemson fan how awesome would it be to be able to play in Death Valley. I think the inconvenience issue can be put aside as to the mere fact that these games are on weekends primarily. Hotels?...go to Greenville and Anderson.

To think this doesn't affect players minds, just think of the instate prospects and their opportunity to play in DEATH VALLEY versus Willy B. Granted these are just high school games but it would be a minor indication of what it would actually be if those D-1 prospects came to Clemson and played in a college game...

Re: Past time, IMO.***

Apr 5, 2008, 3:57 PM

Kornkoot has been doing this for 10+ years

Apr 5, 2008, 4:00 PM

I don't know if he hated clemson before TB, but for past few years he has said a lot of negative things about clemson.

I don't listen to his show that often. I just see what is on TNET.

You would think if the university cared they would do something about it by now...

-Danny Ford

Re: Generally it's a bad idea to revoke press privileges.

Apr 5, 2008, 4:49 PM

I'm not sure Kornblutt is significant enough to matter, but apparently someone thinks he is.

Personally, I don't consider these guys real journalists - but I suppose they still have a lot of influence.

Agreed.

Apr 5, 2008, 4:21 PM

I used to occasionally hang out with "Eric the intern" from Phil's show. Great guy and I enjoyed drinking beer with him, but he is an obvious SC homer...as all on that show are it seems. Not a hint of like for Clemson, lol.

I'd also like to see the game rotate to different sites - not for any specific recruting advantage/disadvantage, but to allow folks who don't normally get a chance to go to see it as well as spread the economic benefits around the state. The inconvenienece caused by different locations would cancel out as it moved around, and spreading the money around to different sites would do the state a lot of good IMO.

Good post.

Re: Is it time for Clemson to kick Kornbutt to the curb?

Apr 5, 2008, 4:51 PM

The 1st Amendment ESPECIALLY applies to those thoughts we disagree with.
"I disagree with what you are saying, but i will fight to the death your right to say it." VOLTAIRE
To yourself be true.

Excellent post my good friend, take care. ******

Apr 5, 2008, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2008, 5:08 PM

unfortunately Korn is reguarded as media where he does his disservice to Clemson. With that priviledge, he gets free tickets and meals at all our events that we all pay for. . . unfair.

his show does...A lot of times he sends K Mac...***

Apr 5, 2008, 5:16 PM

-Danny Ford

Re I would not worry about Kornblut. No one listens to him

Apr 5, 2008, 5:31 PM

anymore. Even the coots, that I know, don't listen to him. He use to have a big following but it dropped to nothing.

Re: II would not worry about Kornbutt, No one listens to him

Apr 5, 2008, 5:34 PM

anymore. Even the coots, that I know, don't listen to
him.

Apr 5, 2008, 7:03 PM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! that bias $%^@#$#$ has no business EVER even talking to a Tiger again!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic