Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Need A Post-Game Award...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 763

We Need A Post-Game Award...

Mar 15, 2008, 8:43 PM

Just as Tyler Hans-don'ttazeme-bro hit his game winning shot in game #1, our power went out................of all times!!!....................

It's the BIGGEST game in Clemson basketball history, and we're all set to go, and bam! A little lightning, some thunder, and then darkness throughout the house...

Step #1: Pray that God will restore power before tip-off. Denied!

Step #2: Brave a driving rain/hail storm to get out to the car...XM Radio carrying the Clemson feed. Soaking wet, fogging up the windows (only listening to them game, I swear!). I then realize the car is on fumes, and the gas light is blinking on and off.

Step #3: Charge back into house through driving rain and wind, risking life and limb. Still, no power!

Step #4: Suddenly realize that in addition to no power, we have no internet, and thus, no TigerNet. Begin to pray again.

Step #5: Remember packing away a battery-operated black and white TV "somewhere in the garage." My wife (who is in the middle of feeding our 3 month old son), joins me in the garage, holding a flashlight, while I search for the TV. Pray for Divine Intervention...Approved! TV discovered.

Step #6: Begin looking for 10 "C" batteries to put into TV...

Step #7: After stripping various household appliances of their life sources (batteries), we find the local channel covering the game.

Step #8: Within 30 seconds, the station cuts away for "storm coverage." Video of random "rain shots" supplement various warnings and alerts.

Step #9: Brave life and limb again to get back to the car for radio coverage.

Step #10: Wife debates bringing baby and joining me in the car. Wisdom takes over, and I return to the house.

Step #11: Game coverage resumes, but black and white picture on tiny TV leaves much to be desired. Aluminum foil is applied to the antenna.

Step #12: Halftime.

Step #13: 2nd Half begins......prayers still unanswered.

Step #14: A few minutes into the half, picture becomes too fuzzy to view. Sound is fine. My wife, who is holding our child, realizes that a hand on top of the antenna brings a "great picture."

Step #15: With 5 minutes to go, things look GREAT for the Tigers (and on the TV). As for my arm, twitching and numbness have set in.

Step #16: Drama, anxiety, nervousness, jubilation! TIGERS WIN! We're screaming, crying, jumping, the dog is barking, the baby is crying, and my lifeless arm is tingly! God answers prayer # 6,572,175, and Clemson is headed for the Title Game!

Step #17: God answers prayer # 6,572,176, and the lights come back on. Numbness in arm now completely subsided. All is right in the universe...until tomorrow at 1:00 PM.

Step #18: Begin praying prayer #6,572,177...........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post***

Mar 15, 2008, 8:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got my vote - HOF post. As funny as the Texas drinking

Mar 15, 2008, 8:59 PM

binge / game story.

GREAT JOB ! ! !

My power went off just before halftime and just...

Mar 15, 2008, 9:01 PM

now came back on. Missed it all. Picked it up in the car, but most all I could hear was static. Definitely could hear Tigers Win, Tigers Win!!!

A truly Great Post - Wife & I laughed a$$ off.***

Mar 15, 2008, 9:14 PM

LOL..now this is a classic post!!***

Mar 15, 2008, 9:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Splendid!***

Mar 15, 2008, 9:33 PM

Replies: 6
| visibility 763