Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who would you trust with the decision?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Who would you trust with the decision?

Jan 3, 2008, 11:56 AM

Once again it has taken one loss to bring out the Spence haters (OT against a #### good Auburn team).

Now do I form my opinion from
A: Tigernet --total college football wins --Zero
or perhaps
B: Philip Fulmer -- 137 wins and 41 losses, a national coach of the year, a national champion, and several SEC championships -- and the first person he calls is Spence. I guess he called because he didn't think Spence's offense would work in the tough SEC

C: Nick Saban -- the hottest coach at the time of contact with an unlimited budget (ie, he can go after ANYBODY in the country). Guess he didn't think Spence was worth a crap either.

D: The Oakland raiders organization -- Al Davis doesn't know squat about football.

I am as big of fan as the rest of you. But this oversimplification of why we didn't win this game or that game or worse, why we called that play is plain asinine.

You win as a team and you lose as a team. Any idea how many moving parts make up a W? Here are a few things that happened in the game that Rob wasn't responsible for:

1) Watkins didn't study enough
2) Billie didn't study enough
3) Capote didn't study enough
4) Harper missed wide open receivers
5) Auburn chop blocked our guy out of the game
6) our FG kicker missed twice
7) Auburn's team does not suck, and like our team, was doing everything humanly possible to try to win the game
8) the refs didn't call numerous holds (the killer being 3rd and 13 in OT)
9) we missed tackles on their QB
10) Auburn made one more play than we did

I am as frustrated as the rest of you but try to be fair in your assessment--I think you may find it is not as simple as blaming one individual.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just listen to me...you'll go far***

Jan 3, 2008, 11:58 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

You will live in happiness too. Like the Umpa...

Jan 3, 2008, 12:00 PM

Doo-pedie Doo!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do you get when you guzzle down treats?***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:01 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

eating as much as an elephant eats.***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude, we are weird***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:04 PM

is weird PC for Ghey?***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

why? you lonely and looking?***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:18 PM

I know a lot of people like him for various reasons, but I

Jan 3, 2008, 12:01 PM

am just not sold on Rob Spence. Good man, and without a doubt knows more about play calling than I do, but I just don't see where the "Mad Scientist" label came from.

I think we are very predictable (bubble screens, JD under center means he's up the middle almost every time) too often. Too many times we try something cute when all we need to do is line up and smack the other team in the mouth. I'm not screaming for the coaching staff to be fired, but I'm also curious what so many others see in Spence that makes him such a hot commodity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would you trust with the decision?

Jan 3, 2008, 12:02 PM

Amen, Brother!!!

And how many of those actually WANTED him?***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:03 PM

Those organizations requested interviews.***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:04 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your point is??

Jan 3, 2008, 12:06 PM

Organizations request interviews all the time from people they have no intentions of ever hiring. Black coaches get them all the time. Just because a team/org. calls, does not mean they want him as their coach

Oh,ok. My bad. He's a token interview. Hmm.***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently so. Hasn't even received a 2nd interview from any***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:17 PM

Maybe they were spooked by his interview style.

Jan 3, 2008, 2:04 PM

Not everybody is impressed with his incessant references to his religious beliefs.

Hey! TNet has won a million XBOX games.***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:03 PM

Jan 3, 2008, 12:14 PM

Best post I've seen on Spence yet-wish I was smart enough to say it like that.

It is easy to blame when you have no accountability.

Jan 3, 2008, 12:16 PM

Especially anonymously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Uuummmm.........Rob Spence ??***

Jan 3, 2008, 12:46 PM

yeh...but our ofense only score 17 points in regulation

Jan 3, 2008, 1:12 PM

of teh game. Spence is the offensive coordinator, and he has to be responsible for that as well as the big point disparity we had this year between the wins and losses. I realize Auburn has a good defense, but its his job to figure out to score enough points to win.

Its not all on him though i'll concede. I think there is a big problem with our OL play that has been here before Spence came to Clemson. Any coordinator looks good when you have good players that execute.

Jan 3, 2008, 1:15 PM

A: To qoute plyler or at least paraphrase. I don't need to be an excellent musician to know the difference between Clapton and a garage band. If he stinks he stinks.

B: Fulmer didn't offer him the job.

C: Good point. This is valid.

D: Yes, Al Davis doesn't know sqaut about football.

1) DEFENSE, he's OC
2) DEFENSE, he's OC
3) Capote's good, but didn't break the bank.
4) So, why did we abandon the run? JD should have had 30 carries
5) DEFENSE, he's OC
6) OK
7) OK, so we're not going to beat teams that don't suck.
8) DEFENSE, he's OC. We held too, welcome to football
9) This is defense again...
10) Auburn made a few more plays than we did...

We lost a game that should have been won by at least two touchdowns. There's plenty of blame to go around, but our offensive PLAYCALLING stunk.

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Jan 3, 2008, 1:38 PM

this one line got me and I didn't read any further...

Once again it takes only one loss for blah blah blah...

when you say the word again that implies more than once..

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic