Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When we fire Tommy...........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

When we fire Tommy...........

Oct 28, 2007, 6:59 PM

...is there someway we can also fire all the morons on Tigernet who have been calling for his dismissal week in and week out?

I'm pretty sick of not winning ten games a year, not winning conference championships and only going 6-2 over SC. Still, I'm a LOT sicker of all the morons who post over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how much they don't like this or that about Coach Bowden.

I want to win ten games a year and get some more championship trophies in the case at least as much as anyone else. I want MORE than that for Clemson to have a LOT fewer whiny, crybaby, pain the butt fans who complain all the time. The type of fans who complain bitterly about this or that every week come perilously close to spoiling college football for me.

I don't wish all the pissed off, crybaby whiny fans were dead. I just wish yall were gone.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can do that

Oct 28, 2007, 7:01 PM

only ifffff...

We can fire the tommy loving cry babies who are always there to pat each others back when our coach effs up our season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden missed 5 FGs against GT?!?

Oct 28, 2007, 7:13 PM

And that was him missing tackles on Special teams against VT too?

Bowden is responsible for wins, players for the losses

Oct 28, 2007, 7:25 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden is responsible for fielding a competitive football...

Oct 28, 2007, 7:47 PM

team and putting us in the position to win. We were in the position to win the GT game. We were in the position to win the VT game. Currently we are 6-2. I'd say that isn't a half bad job.

We could do that ......

Oct 28, 2007, 7:26 PM [ in reply to You can do that ]

but those are the ones who are truly supporting the program. Where would our program be without them , except full of a bunch of knuckle-head detractors like yourself ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop! You're getting "periously" close to ruining

Oct 28, 2007, 8:56 PM [ in reply to You can do that ]

football for him.

I bet that would sound even worse with an accent.

badge-ringofhonor-elscorcho.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire crybaby, whiney fans.

Oct 28, 2007, 7:02 PM

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I used to seek out as much info and input

Oct 28, 2007, 7:05 PM

on Clemson football as possible. I've been that way for years. Message boards, subscriptions to this and that, newspapers, sports talk radio. I finally had enough of the type of "fans" you referenced in the above post after the GT game. I quit all of it. I haven't posted anything anywhere until yesterday after the game. You know what, I'm enjoying the college football season A LOT more than I ever have. Some people are just so negative...never having anything to say until things go wrong. I think I will rarely ever read another message board again, and be a better fan for it.

Harley is that really you?...........

Oct 28, 2007, 7:06 PM

just didn't sound like it.

It takes a LOT to make Harley lose it

Oct 28, 2007, 7:10 PM

Clearly there's been a LOT of bs on this board since the GT loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Every season we start by taking 2 steps back and then

Oct 28, 2007, 7:16 PM

toward the end we take 2 steps forward......where does THAT leave us?

I'll tell you, with a false sense of upward mobility.

False sense of reality...

Oct 28, 2007, 7:33 PM

I have posted this before...but it seems like this topic comes up so much that I feel compelled to intervene:

Where does these expectations come from? A National title almost 30 years ago? I have been a tier my whole life, and agree that we are a preogram full of tradition and history. However, we haven't been very good for the better part of 20 years. Tommy West and Ken Hatfield almost killed Clemson Football. From winning to recruiting, we were awful then (I know, I had to suffer those miserable seasons as a student athlete then). While Tommy might not be the long term answer for us, He has brought talent, facilities and the biggest wins in two decades to Death Valley. The best indicator that Tommy has done a lot for our program...is that there ARE expectations. Oh, and by the way...just before the season started, the majority of the posts I read on this board thought we were going to finish 8-4, 9-3 (and a lot of 7-5s if I remember)...but b/c Harper ended up being better than ANYONE predicted...now we want to fire our coach again at 6-2. We have some of the best, most knowledgeable fans in college football...that being said..I really hate them sometimes. I would rather build a program that breeds success, than be one of those "out of nowhere seasons" where you have a huge BCS type year...only to be mid-tier again in 2-3 years.

Re: False sense of reality...

Oct 28, 2007, 7:34 PM

By the way..."does these" drives me crazy. For all of you grammar folks: my apologies.

Re: False sense of reality...

Oct 28, 2007, 7:43 PM [ in reply to False sense of reality... ]

Great Post !!!!! I totally agree.

I hear you Harley! It gets very old***

Oct 28, 2007, 7:40 PM

Re: When we fire Tommy...........

Oct 28, 2007, 7:43 PM

You are preaching to the choir *except palmettoson who is never happy :(...

All the excuse makers

Oct 28, 2007, 7:47 PM

I want to fire all the excuse makers, give the man 15 years to win A conference title and go to A BCS game, player all make good grades, and hold hand walking to class, "Tommy goes to church every Sunday makes him a great coach" folks.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My head hurts.***

Oct 28, 2007, 7:49 PM

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:
http://www.helpisabel.com/

too bad you confuse things with excuses

Oct 28, 2007, 7:49 PM [ in reply to All the excuse makers ]

because otherwise you have no argument. sad. The keywords for the whiners are "excuses" and "apologists". I get a good laugh at those.

You can't even put together a working English sentence

Oct 28, 2007, 7:52 PM [ in reply to All the excuse makers ]

How are you qualified to critique a football coach?

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

Nearly 28% of your posts have come since the GT game - -

Oct 28, 2007, 8:02 PM [ in reply to All the excuse makers ]

and you have been a member since 1998.

1 - - - 9 - - - 9 - - - 8 ! ! ! ! ! !

TNet was a MUCH better place before you started posting so frequently.

TRUST me on this.

In other news Clemson 30 umd 17 Tennessee 27 USuCk 24***

Oct 28, 2007, 9:43 PM [ in reply to All the excuse makers ]

Not everyone calling for Coach Bowden to be fired...

Oct 28, 2007, 7:52 PM

...is irrational. Quite frankly, I think that whatever your opinion is on this (or really any other) subject, if you can defend your opinion and not be a reactionary jack-donkey then you can say what you want without being called a whiner.

For the first time, I thought it was time for Coach Bowden's tenure to end following the Virginia Tech game. I have never before been on that side of the fence. I thought our losses there, coupled with the way the year ended last year, were just about all on him and his coaching staff. I still do. And I still very much question whether he's the right man for the job.

But here's the thing...I WANT him and his staff to succeed. I don't take perverse pleasure in their/our failures.

The ones that just get all wound up after a loss so that they can say I told you so are sick individuals.

But don't call me out just because I think we've been the victims of poor coaching on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup; me too.***

Oct 28, 2007, 7:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For every person who only complains about football

Oct 28, 2007, 8:07 PM

there is someone just like you who only comes here to complain about the negative posts.

You are all a virus.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic