Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You mean to tell me there are folks who have thrown in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

You mean to tell me there are folks who have thrown in the

Oct 1, 2007, 10:44 AM

towel after one loss to a pretty good team? That's a loser's mentality, and I'm glad we don't have guys like you on our team.

From my standpoint, I am not happy anytime we lose, but we are not good enough to go undefeated. WHO IS? Lots of good teams lose every single Saturday.

Yup, we laid an egg in Atlanta, but we are still a very good team. We have good coaches and players who are capable of beating anyone. We're 4-1 and in the top 25 for crying out loud. There are 8 games left to go and every single preseason goal is still left on the table.

Quitters please get lost and stay lost. We don't need you. I'll see the rest of you (at least 80,000) on Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tired of playing bad, crappy coaching, etc. We don't lose

Oct 1, 2007, 10:47 AM

or get beat in most games the past 3 years. But we constantly get OUT COACHED! Open your EYES!!

How did we get "outcoached"

Oct 1, 2007, 10:48 AM

I never understood that statement

Well the OL was NOT prepared, and breakdowns in Punt Pro******

Oct 1, 2007, 10:50 AM

One person missed his assignment on the punt block.....

Oct 1, 2007, 10:53 AM

I know everytime we lose its the coaches fault and when we win the players get credit. I understand that. But at some point you have to realize that coaching wasnt the problem saturday. The coaches may have not said the right thing in the pregame speech that got the players pumped up and excited to play. With all the Ga players on the team that the game "meant a lot to" they didnt need the coaches to pump them up. Just like they shouldnt need the coaches to pump them up for this weekends game.

you don't understand, CTB told him to block the outside guy

Oct 1, 2007, 10:54 AM

and let the inside guy run free

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we have a breakdown each week on ST????

Oct 1, 2007, 10:55 AM [ in reply to One person missed his assignment on the punt block..... ]

Again I don't anyone fired but coaches are to blame for weekly errors in the kicking game. They teach them, practice them, and put them in the game. If a player can't get the job done then find a player on a 100 player roster than can get the job done.

Please detail the "breakdowns" since the 1st week...

Oct 1, 2007, 10:59 AM

Yet somehow we're still 4-1.

2 blocked punts, 1 kickoff return for TD, 6 missed FGs..

Oct 1, 2007, 11:03 AM

And we are 4-1 b/c of the competition. If you think we can beat VPI, Maryland, BC, usc, and even wake with those errors you are crazy. Didn't TB say himself that ST errors were his biggest concern??? Geez wake up!!

Yeah, the coaches did a terrible job on those FGs.

Oct 1, 2007, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the info. Now can you also go down through the rest of the top 25 and tell me if they've had any blocked punts or kickoffs returned, or my favorite, missed FGs? Thanks in advance.

Re: Yeah, the coaches did a terrible job on those FGs.

Oct 1, 2007, 11:09 AM

our coaches play for field goals they act like they dont want td

If you are satisfied that's your problem

Oct 1, 2007, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Yeah, the coaches did a terrible job on those FGs. ]

I guarantee you that the top 10 teams don't have these breakdowns EACH WEEK. This is not a new development. WAKE UP...TB and his staff needs to do a BETTER JOB COACHING. AGAIN I don't want them fired...I WANT THEM TO DO A BETTER JOB. IF you think they are perfect then you are STUPID!

Re: If you are satisfied that's your problem

Oct 1, 2007, 11:15 AM

i agree someone needs to tell these idiots on this message board that they love rob spence and love going to boise

I will bet you every penny to your name we don't end up

Oct 1, 2007, 11:23 AM

in Boise. Seriously, put up or shut up.

2 posts? Why create a new handle?... Just so you can act like a jacka$$?

I'm not satisfied and I want to do better than 4-1 & top 25.

Oct 1, 2007, 11:21 AM [ in reply to If you are satisfied that's your problem ]

Have I said differently? All I'm saying is is ain't time to act like a baby and jump ship... but I'm not trying to stop anyone who wants to do that if you get my drift.

And by the way, we don't have "these" breakdowns "every" week. Do we play perfect every week? No way, but who does? Even top 10 teams have some sort of breakdowns every single week. Go ask the 50% top ten who lost this past weekend. There are no "perfect" coaches.

But most aren't top 10 any longer LOL********

Oct 1, 2007, 11:24 AM

All those coaches should be fired immediately.***

Re: Please detail the "breakdowns" since the 1st week...

Oct 1, 2007, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Please detail the "breakdowns" since the 1st week... ]

And we are 4-1 b/c of the competition. If you think we can beat VPI, Maryland, BC, usc, and even wake with those errors you are crazy. Didn't TB say himself that ST errors were his biggest concern??? Geez wake up!! I don't want them fired just held accountable.

So you quit. I got ya.***

Oct 1, 2007, 11:08 AM

Did I say quit???? They need to improve

Oct 1, 2007, 11:15 AM

Can you not read or do you have your skirt over your head? Ask your husband what he thinks about it.

LOL. You'd and Clemson would be better off if you did.***

Our special teams has cost us at least 1 or 2 games a year

Oct 1, 2007, 10:58 AM [ in reply to One person missed his assignment on the punt block..... ]

for at least the last 4 years. I definitely put some of the blame on the players, but when it happens year after year after year, that's coaching.

1 or 2 games a year for 4 years?

Oct 1, 2007, 11:10 AM

LOL. I'm sorry, but that borders on being ridiculous.

ridiculous in that it is true

Oct 1, 2007, 11:52 AM

GT

BC
USC

can't think of one right off hand where special teams led directly to the loss

GT

Didn't WFU return a kickoff or punt when they jumped out to the huge lead.

This doesn't count games that we lost like Md in 06 where our lack of kickoff coverage gave them the ball at the 40 on their winning FG or the special teams debacle at Doak or the bad snap and blocked punt against FSU or Furman returning a kickoff for a TD that was called back or NSCU kickoff return.

Re: Well the OL was NOT prepared, and breakdowns in Punt Pro******

Oct 1, 2007, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Well the OL was NOT prepared, and breakdowns in Punt Pro****** ]

Tthe truth is we have a special teams breakdown each week. Other teams across the country can play error free on special teams so it's got to be coaching. Also the OL was not ready to play. I thought Brad Scott said we have more talent than ever?? Again, I don't want anyone fired but some of saturday was coaching. If not then why do we have coaches?????? They need to take some blame.

Lots of good teams made a ton of mistakes on Saturday...

Oct 1, 2007, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Well the OL was NOT prepared, and breakdowns in Punt Pro****** ]

I'm left wondering, are there any good coaches left in the world?

yes, the other team's coach is better 'an our'n***

Oct 1, 2007, 10:55 AM

Why do we have coaches???

Oct 1, 2007, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Lots of good teams made a ton of mistakes on Saturday... ]

If they are not responsible for the play of the players then why do we have them? We have weekly errors on special teams, I'm sorry to offend you or TB but that's COACHING!! I don't want anyone fired, I just want TB, Rob Spence, Brad Scott, and Powell to do a BETTER JOB!!! Why can't we hold them accountable?

...to have somebody to b1tch at?***

Oct 1, 2007, 11:03 AM

I don't see anyone not holding them accountable...

Oct 1, 2007, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Why do we have coaches??? ]

Anytime any team loses the ultimate accountability falls on the coaches. Go ask the 5 teams in the top 10 who ALL lost to inferior teams this past Saturday.

You're not quittin' are ya?

Well you and others seem offended when TB is questioned

Oct 1, 2007, 11:11 AM

I want them to IMPROVE. We have ST breakdowns each week! That's got to be coaching. Sorry to offend your sensitive side!

Yes, I am offended by ignorance when it comes to my school

Oct 1, 2007, 11:27 AM

Still waiting on those details of the breakdowns "every week" and how that compares to the rest of the teams in 1-A. Thanks.

i agree, but maybe it isnt something u can fix at half.

Oct 1, 2007, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Well the OL was NOT prepared, and breakdowns in Punt Pro****** ]

We will have to see what happens next week. Hopefully the coaches can get them together.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't think when folks say that that they

Oct 1, 2007, 11:05 AM [ in reply to How did we get "outcoached" ]

always mean "out-gameplaned" necessarily. I think sometimes what they mean is that the coaches didn't instill enough discipline on week-in, week-out basis to keep the team from making the "little" mistakes that can make all the difference. Some of the missed FG's were fairly long - but one was from a more reasonable distance -the one just before the half. You throw in that with a roughing the punter, a kick return fumble, a blocked punt and you've got a situation where, had we played clean MERELY on special teams alone (forget the offense for a minute) then we could have won in an ugly manner 9-6 or 6-3 - but at least it would have been a win.

We apparently watched two different games on Saturday

Oct 1, 2007, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Tired of playing bad, crappy coaching, etc. We don't lose ]

Clemson was NOT outcoached on Saturday. Clemson lost on Saturday due to a lack of execution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

So all of those big wins we've had in the same span..

Oct 1, 2007, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Tired of playing bad, crappy coaching, etc. We don't lose ]

We outcoached the other guys?

Since 2000, our coaching has been good enough to land us in the top 25 programs in the country.

I want to do better than that, but being in the top 25 does not reflect whatever it is you think you're seeing.

Speaking of the top 25, we're in it right now and have 8 games left. If you quit, then so be it. You've given up; we got you already.

You might as well find something else to do with your time. We won't miss you.

No the players stepped up and played well in those games

Oct 1, 2007, 10:54 AM

;)

;^)***

Oct 1, 2007, 11:29 AM

We got outcoached Saturday? How?***

Oct 1, 2007, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Tired of playing bad, crappy coaching, etc. We don't lose ]

Ga Tech isn't a pretty good team

Oct 1, 2007, 10:47 AM

Virginia dropped 21 on them in the first quarter.

and that meant absolutely nothing on saturday

Oct 1, 2007, 10:53 AM

just like it meant nothing that our offense looked unstoppable vs NCSU

just like it means nothing that VT struggled vs UNC

I disagree...

Oct 1, 2007, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Ga Tech isn't a pretty good team ]

Some of you guys really microanalyze things huh?

They just played in the ACCCG last year and have most of those guys back. At the end of the year, GT will be considered a pretty good team just like they are about every year. There's no reason to assume we should be able to line up and beat them every single year.

We ain't a top 5 or 10 team right now, and even if so, those guys lose sometimes too.

GT was missing a number of key players against UVA

Oct 1, 2007, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Ga Tech isn't a pretty good team ]

on the road vs. having several of those players back with a week's rest at home. You can't compare the results of those 2 games. I think the motivation of GT's defense(revenge) after last year's embarrassment at the time of Clemson played a pretty big role Sat.

they have the right to complain, just like every 1.***

Oct 1, 2007, 10:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Missed opportunities through drops, Fg's and penalties were

Oct 1, 2007, 10:57 AM

the reason we're not 5-0 right now. i thought the coaches are just the complaining crutch for some of you now. I've seen this coaching staff lay eggs before but I don't see it in this game. We had our chances.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic