Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the poster on Mickey's Blog:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,468

To the poster on Mickey's Blog:

Aug 16, 2007, 1:33 PM

RobertsonCU I would not complain about not being able to use your tickets as needed we are a rarity to allow students to get tickets for free. Its to make sure students are in the STUDENT section not clowns who sell their tickets for a profit. If you went to any other institution you have you have to pay for your tickets i.e Carolina and UGA to name a few so thank your lucky stars your a student and get pretty good tickets for cheap. Now if you want to sit in a student section and have a student ticket they have had the same ID's for 6 years so eather way I wouldn't waste any ones time by complaining about getting free tickets when once you graduate you will be begging for those days again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here you go:

Aug 16, 2007, 1:41 PM

. .. . . . . , , , ,,, , , . , , ., . , ' ''' '

Thought you could use some of these.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"This thing that I call living is just being satisfied knowing that I've got no one left to blame." Gordon Lightfoot

thats pretty funny***

Aug 16, 2007, 1:43 PM

LOL.***

Aug 16, 2007, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Here you go: ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Don't understand why a student would feel entitled to

Aug 16, 2007, 1:52 PM

sell a student ticket, which he's fortunate to get in the first place!

It absolutely irks me when this happens

Aug 16, 2007, 1:57 PM

Students who do this should lose their ticket privilege revoked like my friend who ran onto the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I never understood selling student tickets either, but

Aug 16, 2007, 1:59 PM

there are some people that go to a school solely based on the academics there and don't get involved in athletics. I know it is unheard of, but I have seen it from people I no longer call friends. j/k

It sucks at USC for like the Clemson game

Aug 16, 2007, 2:07 PM

because it's just a lottery throughout the entire school. So a lot of kids sign up just for the intention of selling them. There needs to be a better way for the true fans like myself to be able to get tickets ahead of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a way

Aug 16, 2007, 2:10 PM

Order yourself season tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be a good argument if we weren't talking about

Aug 16, 2007, 2:17 PM

student tickets. Which you can not order as season tickets.

Its still a good argument

Aug 16, 2007, 2:22 PM

First, I'd tie every student ticket to an actual student ID and force the person using the ticket to show up to get it.

But, you still have recourse to assure yourself tickets... order season tickets. Or pony up an buy them from someone who won the lottery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really you're still ignoring the fundamental point

Aug 16, 2007, 2:26 PM

that the lottery is flawed.

Sure I can buy a ticket from someone, but it doesn't change the fact that the system that is set up to be "fair" is being abused.

Now ordering tickets is another issue, very few college kids would have the $3,000 necessary to join as Silver Spur which would be the only donor level that might get you the opportunity to purchase a season ticket package that includes Clemson.

But I agree I wish there were a way to setup tying every ticket to an individual ID, and now that USC scans tickets I don't see why they could not do so.

Re: To the poster on Mickey's Blog:

Aug 16, 2007, 1:56 PM

When I was at Clemson you needed your ID to receive your tickets, but weren't required to show your ID at the gate when you entered the stadium. I bought a student ticket a year or two after I graduated and had a horrible time getting in since I didn't know about the change. I don't like it. I still enjoyed being on the hill, the environment and students were great. I hate not being able to stand on the hill during a game anymore. Just an opinion, for what it's worth.

Buy a lower level ticket and go sit on the hill all you want***

Aug 16, 2007, 2:01 PM

Tried to, but last year they were checking to make sure you

Aug 16, 2007, 2:02 PM

have "hill" tickets which are student tickets these days.

Really?

Aug 16, 2007, 2:10 PM

Wow, thats new.

Yeah, the cops are pretty strict about the hill

Aug 16, 2007, 2:20 PM

and very unnecessarily physical.

That must've changed since 96.

Aug 16, 2007, 2:22 PM

Which was the last time I sat on the hill.

Re: Buy a lower level ticket and go sit on the hill all you want***

Aug 16, 2007, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Buy a lower level ticket and go sit on the hill all you want*** ]

My seat's are in section K. I tried sitting on the hill last year with my ticket and they said you couldn't.

http://www.tigerpawtalk.com/index.php

General Admission tix are usually available.***

Aug 16, 2007, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: To the poster on Mickey's Blog: ]

It has been a policy since I was there in 1993 to show

Aug 16, 2007, 1:58 PM

your ID at the gate. They just chose never to enforce it.

Exactly, 1999-2003, I never had to show my ID.***

Aug 16, 2007, 2:00 PM

Aug 16, 2007, 2:01 PM

That was painful to read and even more painful to comprehend. Are you a student at Clemson? Please say "no" even if you are.

I remember trudging back to the quad...

Aug 16, 2007, 2:04 PM

or worse to my girlfriend's dorm on more than one occasion, having been turned away for forgetting an i.d. -- in the late 80's. Missed at least one kick off because of that, darn it.

How is this new? And, by the way, what jerk sells his student ticket to non-students?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry guys was at work...And was unable to post into

Aug 16, 2007, 2:24 PM

the blog was trying to answer the poster quickly. Actually I'm an alumni class of 05'. Sorry it was so painful to read, cry me a river. Also thanks grammer police, there is some 3rd grade class that needs help learning subject verb agreement. The poster annoyed me and wanted to address, it alot better than some of the dribble on the main board today.

We're talking about Basketball today?

Aug 16, 2007, 2:26 PM

"...alot better than some of the dribble on the main board today."

good catch spell check didn't help there!***

Aug 16, 2007, 2:30 PM

Look, we students be poor. We be starvin' and all!***

Aug 16, 2007, 2:43 PM

Re: Student Tickets

Aug 16, 2007, 3:06 PM

Folks:

Tickets (indeed most ANYTHING) at Clemson is or are not, FREE. Student fees and the like get factored into costs. I am not saying I would sell my ticket (I never did from 91-96 when I was a student), but students at Clemson don't get tickets "for free" in the way some of you assume.

The lottery at other schools is horrible, so Clemson does have its distribution proceed at a fairer clip by class status.

Give the RobertsonCU kid a break.

Aug 16, 2007, 3:23 PM

Tickets (indeed most ANYTHING) at Clemson is or are not, FREE. Student fees and the like get factored into costs. I am not saying I would sell my ticket (I never did from 91-96 when I was a student), but students at Clemson don't get tickets "for free" in the way some of you assume.

The lottery at other schools is horrible, so Clemson does have its distribution proceed at a fairer clip by class status.

Give the RobertsonCU kid a break.

No one was saying he got them for free

Aug 16, 2007, 6:41 PM

like I said I'm an alumni I know the process but the activity fee as said is only $30 for allotted tickets.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,468
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic