Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attn. Clemson fans:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Attn. Clemson fans:

Oct 11, 2004, 11:42 AM

I have been as frustrated as anyone about the way the season goes. But I really feel that this is important and that all Clemson fans should hear. If we want to blame anyone about this season we should look no further than ourselves. Maybe it is time that we backed TB to the fullest and helped the man out. 2-3 years ago when grumbling started recruiting took a huge hit, no one wanted to play for a program of instability. That was when we missed on some huge line prospects. Give TB a chance to get things going in the right direction and get his players in here, yes, I know it has been 6 years, but how fair is it for a coach to recruit when thousands of fans are grumbling and the recruits see that. Then when they don't come to school you see the results on the field. Give it some time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right, it is my fault that Clemson isn't winning

Oct 11, 2004, 11:47 AM

national championships in every sport....and I guess since I support the tennis programs, I am the reason that both got as far as they did last year. That is awesome!!!! It was all me!!!

Wait a minute!!!

Oct 11, 2004, 11:50 AM

I dropped a ball and failed to run my route too! I am to blame.

Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee ~DeWayne***

Oct 11, 2004, 11:53 AM

Thanks buddy. Someone has to be the scape goat and i

Oct 11, 2004, 11:51 AM [ in reply to You are right, it is my fault that Clemson isn't winning ]

am glad that you volunteered.

It is all Az's fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think the point is...

Oct 11, 2004, 11:53 AM [ in reply to You are right, it is my fault that Clemson isn't winning ]

Bashing our school for everyone to see is bad for our school. I don't think anyone is trying to say we're the reason we lost 30-10 on Thursday, but the knuckle-dragging goons who constantly bash our program down don't help matters.

And my point is that those who "bash" the program get too

Oct 11, 2004, 11:59 AM

much of a voice. I may be wrong, but there is only a small minority of people who come out of the woods after each loss and yell, scream, and call for heads.
Last year, yes, most everyone was involved in the lynching. But to even suggest that this year is the fans fault is just assinine.

If the fans of this program or any other get that much of a voice, then the AD, coach and assistants aren't doing their jobs too well.

Well, I think it's well documented that the loud mouths

Oct 11, 2004, 12:07 PM

are the ones that stand out most. They most definitely effect the public perception, the team's confidence, and recruiting etc. Again, I don't think anyone is suggesting the whiners are the direct cause for losing, but they (knuckle-draggers) definitely have a negative effect.

That said, there is no way to stop them. The more people

Oct 11, 2004, 12:12 PM

give them credibility, the louder they get. Some people just want attention.

Last year was an abbarition, and I blame TDP more so than the fans, regardless of his "rule on commenting."

Other places deal with fans that boo and moan about coaches. Clemson must find a way to do so as well.

People need to grow up...

Oct 11, 2004, 12:19 PM

Look, I'll b i t c h and moan after a loss like most anyone, but to day in and day out talk about firing coaches and what not is bad for the program. It hurts no less than team confidence, public perception, and recruiting. That is undeniable, and when your program is in a fragile state such as ours it is magnified even more. I'm not sure how you find it possible to blame TDP, but the bottom line is all the bellyaching is bad. Grown folks should try to have some restraint. Get is out of your system if you must, but posting the same lamebrained ##### everyday on the internet is bad and embarrassing for our school. Period.

You hinted at some things correctly, people take it too

Oct 11, 2004, 12:35 PM

seriously. You will rarely see me call for a coaches head, ##### and moan on how it is damaging the school or berate others when they are realistic on the program.

Heck, all I really ask for is a team that stays out of trouble, graduates players, represents the university well and tries hard on the field of play.

I just take the alternative side sometimes, kinda like this time. People already have inflated egos of their affect to the program, and this thread helps substantiate it.

Re: You hinted at some things correctly, people take it too

Oct 11, 2004, 1:19 PM

Be prepared to get about 1,000,000 messages in your inbox if you disagree with that guy. fair warning.......

You must've sent 1,000,001.***

Oct 11, 2004, 3:51 PM

I agree with everything you said,

Oct 11, 2004, 3:50 PM [ in reply to You hinted at some things correctly, people take it too ]

except for, "people have inflated egos of their affect to the program, and this thread helps substantiate it."

I have no idea where you came up with that, but I do know it's been shown time and time again that the internet effects public perceptions, and that includes recruits who have said as much before. Some of them understandably don't like Clemson's negative minority. That loud and whiney minority can make for a bad perception.

TIME? Who else in America makes the money he makes and

Oct 11, 2004, 11:51 AM

produces so little? CEO's don't survive year after year in the red. Pay him his Tulane money and then we can talk about giving him time. Given his production here, the deal he's working on now is legalized robbery.

I vote to make you the next coach!

Oct 11, 2004, 11:55 AM

You obviously have thought this through and have it all figured out.

I'll lose for a fraction of what we pay him! I'm a deal.***

Oct 11, 2004, 12:07 PM

Seems to me all that complaining and

Oct 11, 2004, 11:56 AM

moaning hasn't seem to hurt teams like Florida and Tenn. very much.Go read their message boards,they even had a fire Ron Zook site.It happens at every school in America when things are not going well.Blaming it on disgruntled fans is a weak excuse.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner***

Oct 11, 2004, 11:58 AM

If you're a strong program, then those fans are written off

Oct 11, 2004, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Seems to me all that complaining and ]

as absurd lunatics. If your program is in a position of instability then those fans are labeled, at least by lame media hunting for a catchy byline, as the majority.

I agree completely. Negative attitudes don't help

Oct 11, 2004, 11:56 AM

recruiting.

neither does losing.***

Oct 11, 2004, 12:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what , then maybe we should all be getting paid.

Oct 11, 2004, 12:32 PM

If its more our fault than the coach of the actual football team or the players who play in the actual games. This is a new level of excuse making. Next week it will be Bush's fault that we lost.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attn. Clemson fans:

Oct 11, 2004, 1:43 PM

and how do you explain Rich Rod and WV??

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic