Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Clemson Family lost a member last week.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 973

The Clemson Family lost a member last week.

Jul 10, 2007, 12:46 PM
Chris & Me.jpg(492.7 K)

I posted this first on the Donor Board, but I know Chris posted on this one more than any other. I scrolled through and saw that someone posted last week that he had died, but I still wanted to post this here.

Chris Dunmyer died early Friday morning in a car accident. This is a little late because I had been away from home since Thursday.

He was known to the Tigernet world as "chrisd2002." He was a Clemson alumnus (2002, like me). He was an MUSC alumnus (2006). He was a pharmacist in Seneca. He was a husband. He was a former roommate. He was an usher in my wedding. He was a tailgate partner. He was my room and board when I came in town for games. He was a dear, close friend.

He loved everything Clemson. He was probably the only person I know that had more orange-colored apparel than I do. From what I have heard of the funeral on Sunday, Clemson also loved him, as the church in downtown Clemson was packed.

Circumstances were such that I could not attend the funeral. That is something that will haunt me for some time. I did not get to properly say goodbye to my friend.

The best I can do is say publicly here how fortunate I was to have known him, how much I will miss him and how Fall Saturdays in Clemson will never quite be the same for me again.

I'll miss you, man. You were only 27. That was way too soon.

In Memory:
Christopher Daniel Dunmyer
March 18, 1980 - July 6, 2007

2005_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry for your loss***

Jul 10, 2007, 12:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

condolences***

Jul 10, 2007, 1:23 PM

Re: The Clemson Family lost a member last week.

Jul 10, 2007, 2:01 PM

We are so sorry to hear about your dear friend. Tiger net will miss him as well. I am sure he appreciated your post.

Replies: 3
| visibility 973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic