Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Under Armour falls victim to the Chicken Curse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,327

Under Armour falls victim to the Chicken Curse

May 1, 2007, 11:33 AM

Not a whole week has passed since the Under Armour commercial featuring Steve "OBS" Spurrier inundated the air waves. The new version of their "Click-Clack" series of advertisements was rolled out and played ad nauseum during NFL Draft coverage.

It was impossible to miss the University of South Carolina's logo stamped on a laptop (of all things), immediately drawing viewers to wonder if this very laptop would "go missing" before the start of the next season. It was also quite evident that Hollywood won't be calling ol' Steve-O offering him an acting gig any time soon. His performance didn?t click with audiences ? it mostly clacked.

Now was only time for the other shoe to drop. Although the previous message might have been pulled from a German newspaper, this certainly isn't: Under Armour?s stock has fallen around 10% this morning (listed under stock ticker UA traded in the NYSE). Analysts could argue this drop is due to the company?s projections for lower earnings per share in the upcoming quarter. I say ?nonsense?. The Chicken Curse is alive and well and has now claimed another victim ? a once respected member of corporate America.

You may have noticed that the company has pulled their 60 second commercial in lieu of the 30 second version. Although this practice is common in advertising, I believe it is a move geared to mitigate their losses upon the company?s realization that the legendary curse had fallen upon them.

How low will the stock plunge remains to be seen. Will cutting the ad time short help them recover? Could be. Are their lower projections due to the airing of the commercials? Is this a case of ?what came first the cursed chicken or the rotten egg?? Although many things are still uncertain, what is undeniable is Under Armour?s realization that they are not tough enough to contain the power of a curse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you worked so hard on that and not one line

May 1, 2007, 12:06 PM

is funny.

It wasn't meant to...

May 1, 2007, 12:25 PM

It was meant to be analytical. Whether you find it funny or not doesn't really concern me much.

Oh, come now, you know it was meant to be funny, right? **8

May 1, 2007, 1:11 PM

Re: you worked so hard on that and not one line

May 1, 2007, 12:33 PM [ in reply to you worked so hard on that and not one line ]

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, you're an @$$.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much worse than that, he is a coot.***

May 1, 2007, 1:03 PM

wait til next commercial.***

May 1, 2007, 12:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

POTD***

May 1, 2007, 12:13 PM

Commercial wasnt that bad for me since I kept

May 1, 2007, 9:38 PM

laughing everytime I would saw it.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,327
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic