Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Farewell to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Farewell to Clemson

May 9, 2004, 11:21 PM

As I write my farewell to Clemson, I am now a 2 day Alumnus of the Best Public College in the State of South Carolina and the Greatest University in all of the world, Clemson University.

It is with a great sense of accomplishment that I think back over my academic years at Clemson, but it is with a Deep, Deep sense of a special love and bond as I look back at the last 4 years of my life that were spent at the most beautiful place on Earth where the Blue Ridge Yawns its Greatness.

Growing up a huge Clemson fan, I have always had orange blood and countless people have told me to cherish the times I had as a student although I would always be a Tiger.

Although I will still frequent Clemson very often, I will definitely miss Bowman Field in the Springtime, all of the orange all the time, sitting at Beautiful Tiger Field watching the Tiger Baseball team play on a sunny afternoon, hearing the Carillon Bells ring from Tillman Hall, driving in from Seneca on Hwy 93 as I cross the bridge over Hartwell and seeing that awesome view of Death Valley, Tillman and all of Clemson, midnight trips to Brackett computer lab or Cooper, viewing the Orange sunset over Lake Hartwell, seeing those Tigers run down the Hill from the student section, and just living the Clemson experience. There is nothing like the Clemson Family, NOTHING.

Growing up a Tiger, I always thought that I knew what Clemson was all about. I only knew a small part. Spending the last 4 years being embraced by Clemson people, I have learned that Clemson is not only a beautiful place, a great school, and full of great people, but it is a place like none other on Earth. It is a place where people hold a special, common bond. It is a place where there is a genuine sense of pride and respect for tradition. It is a place where Family is not strong enough of a word to describe.

My love for Clemson runs deep and indeed as Joe Sherman put it, There is Something in these Hills!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed... but be glad you got outta there before another

May 9, 2004, 11:25 PM

tuition hike. They're getting ridiculous. The IPTAY hike ain't so hot either, but at least I can understand that!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Every penny was well worth it....

May 9, 2004, 11:27 PM

I took every tuition hike as best as I could because I knew President Barker was only doing what was best for Clemson...I know it can get tough....but from $1700 a semester as a Freshman to now almost $3400, It was well worth it. I would do it over and over......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats, and I will be doing it over and over... jr and

May 10, 2004, 12:35 AM

still have 3 years left. Im not complaining though, as long as we can afford it I can stand living the clemson life. Your right man, theres no place like it. Ill hate to see the day Ill have to leave it. Just remember, youll always be part of the Clemson family. Good luck buddy.

Congrats, and I will be doing it over and over... jr and

May 10, 2004, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Every penny was well worth it.... ]

still have 3 years left. Im not complaining though, as long as we can afford it I can stand living the clemson life. Your right man, theres no place like it. Ill hate to see the day Ill have to leave it. Just remember, youll always be part of the Clemson family. Good luck buddy.

How can you understand an IPTAY hike and not a tuition hike?

May 10, 2004, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Agreed... but be glad you got outta there before another ]

Maybe IPTAY hike partially arose from the tuition hike, but that isn't the only thing. If it takes more money to run an athletic department and keep up with the "Jones's" in that endeavor, why would it be any different when it actually came to the mission of the school - to educate students?

And where are you off to, 4 life? Keep us posted.***

May 10, 2004, 12:09 AM

Wait 'till the fall when you go back to your first home

May 10, 2004, 7:49 AM

football game as an alumni.........the hairs on the back of my neck always stand up when the Tigers run down the hill!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

Congratulations!.......

May 10, 2004, 8:25 AM

Believe me, there is something in those hills. I grew up there, and every time I go back to visit my family I go over to campus just to soak a little in. I don't get up there as much as I use to or would like to but evertime it is special not just visiting family but also visiting God's Country - Clemson University!

You only say farewell once and you aren't there yet (long)

May 10, 2004, 9:10 AM

Until the final farewell it is only "Until I come back again." Having gone through a couple of long stretches (10 years or more) where I was unable to get back I can tell you that Clemson never leaves you. You will always be looking for the sports scores and on Tigernet. Back in the old days before Al Gore invented the internet and I was overseas, it would often take me a week to find the football scores, but I kept looking. Basketball or baseball scores were impossible unless we got beat by or upset a very highly ranked team (I know walking barefoot through the snow to school, uphill both ways). I can't tell you how neat it is to get a live webcam view now. Just remember your stories will only get better with age, the girls better looking, and you will have been even more handsome and debonair. While you have learned alot at Clemson and have most of life in front of you, I wouldn't trade places with any of you younger guys and have missed all that I've learned in the last 40 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!***

May 10, 2004, 12:16 PM

Re: Farewell to Clemson

May 10, 2004, 10:01 AM

I'm a member of the class of 1952. Your comments are heartfelt and so understandable. However, let me assure you that your feelings will only grow stronger with time.
Clemson is a big part of us forever and ever.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic