Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notes from the scrimmage today:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,031

Notes from the scrimmage today:

Mar 31, 2007, 4:44 PM

I watched a little bit of the scrimmage today for about an hour.

-Spiller wasn't there, as already noted.

-Jacoby Ford got the ball a whole lot which was good to see. He got the ball on an end-around at about the 10 yard line and scored. They were also throwing deep to him and throwing screens to him. An obvious attempt to get the ball in his hands any way possible.

-Our coaches are pretty intense. Tommy mostly watched and took notes, but everyone else was really making sure they were heard. Koenning flipped out a few times when players did something wrong. Rumph is extremely loud and the players listen to him. Dabo yelled at Xavier Dye for about 5 minutes for something he did wrong and then made him do about 20 up-downs. Jeff Ogren also ended up doing up-downs for some reason. Brad Scott got real mad at Thomas Austin for not being on the field when he was supposed to be. As Austin ran past him on the field, Scott said "I'll be seeing you after practice today, young man."

-Andre Powell is a really good coach. I think the players really respect him. We were doing goal line drills and every single time a RB scored, Powell would sprint from about the 30 where he was standing, to go congratulate them and smack their helmet. He did it for Davis and Ray Ray, but he also did the same thing when Paul Macko scored.

-Our kicking game is going to be an adventure again this year. Richard Jackson couldn't get the ball up and had 2 blocked, I think. Bucholz wasn't much better.

-There were a few fights that I saw. Barry Richardson and Cortney Vincent got into it for a second, but it was broken up. Strangely enough, Phillip Merling and Chris Russell got into a fight on the defensive sideline. Neither one was playing at the time and they were both on defense. Kinda strange.

-Deandre McDaniel looked really good today. He'll start this year one way or another.

-Ray Ray looked really good at RB. He broke off about a 50 yard run where he looked like he was stopped dead at the line of scrimmage.

-Aaron Kelly looked really good today too. Caught almost everything thrown near him.

-Sapp was a beast today. He had a sack on 2 straight plays at one point.

-All of the QB's played pretty good. Harper looked solid. Korn played almost exclusively with the 2nd team and made a few good throws. Even Tribble Reese made some good throws. Wade didn't look good, but they had him playing with almost solely a walk-on team. There wasn't a player on either side of the ball that I recognized while Wade was at QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notes from the scrimmage today:***

Mar 31, 2007, 5:20 PM

The Merling fight.....

Mar 31, 2007, 5:24 PM

was a good thing to see. He is one intense dude, and it revolved around him yelling at Russell for not doing his job. He called him out, and the little dude didn't back down. After it got settled down (lasted maybe 20 seconds)the coaches were yelling about holding each other accountability....good to see that fire in the spring.

there is more in you notes...

Mar 31, 2007, 6:38 PM

than in rivals, scout, and tnet's articles! Many thanks to you for observing and commenting!

X ran the wrong route adjustment - Dabo had just corrected

Mar 31, 2007, 7:11 PM

it Friday on practice field and again sat in film study. Kelly dropped a ball (slightly underthrown). OLine looked solid. Sapp ran with 2's all day, so he was picking on 2nd string LT. Korn is as good as anyone out there. He makes throws the others can't.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,031
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic