Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Havin' faith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 359

Havin' faith

Sep 24, 2004, 10:47 AM

Last year I was the only one in my family who believed we'd beat FSU. The CU flag I put on my car the day of that game has flown every day since. Admittedly, this year it's tougher to be absolutely faithful in a Clemson victory, but I believe we can still do it. And hey, at least we know Chris Rix will do something incredibly entertaining and humorous. That's nearly a sure bet.
But more importantly, if CU doesn't win, we as fans have to remember that the players are just kids. Remember what it was like to be 18-21? Classes, relationships, trying to figure out who you are and what you'll do? Now compound that with football and the pressure to win and 80,000 fans down your back. They're just kids, they're not infallible. Let's support them no matter what.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great first post***

Sep 24, 2004, 10:48 AM

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

I'll second that....thumbs up for you!***

Sep 24, 2004, 11:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm with u!***

Sep 24, 2004, 10:53 AM

Re: Havin' faith

Sep 24, 2004, 11:00 AM

Great post!! Of course, being a Tiger Alum & littleangelmk's mom, I am slightly prejudiced (and she HAS flown that flag on her car every day since last year!)

Sep 24, 2004, 11:13 AM

So we've got a family thing happening here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The newest Mom always has us all......

Sep 24, 2004, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Havin' faith ]

over for lunch one day. What day and what time?

Something tells me she wouldn't want this crowd in

Sep 24, 2004, 11:20 AM

her house. Mayhem would ensue. :)

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Re: Something tells me she wouldn't want this crowd in

Sep 24, 2004, 11:36 AM

our house already is mayhem with six dogs and three diehard Clemson fans! =)

Cats and dogs! HUH!**********

Sep 24, 2004, 11:38 AM

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

I have to add to that..was behind the CU bench at TAMU

Sep 24, 2004, 11:50 AM

I went to the game with a TAMU alum who had tickets on the 40 yard line about 2 rows up and very very close to the CU bench. I watched the dynamics of the bench closely the entire game. Here are a few observations.

1.) To see the look on some of the guy's faces, they were in pain. When Coleman made that stupid PF play you would have thought that someone was saying nasty things about his mother. He was screaming as he came off the sideline. As dumb as that play was it's obvious that he was trying to spark the team. Tommy didn't like it one bit but the guy is a fighter. To me he is one of the hearts of this team no matter how misguided at times.

2.) Also Mo Fountain was on the bench talking to the guys and trying to offer his best pep talk the whole game. The DL was deflated after the long TD run by TAMU and never seemed to recover despite Mo's best effort there.

3.) The secondary seemed lifeless in the chairs at the end of the bench. You could tell that the kids where depresssed and baffled. The only guy that seemed to say a word was Justin Miller of course. It wasn't to pep the secondary up either but rather to brag about how he should have busted each KR back for a TD. To me he seems way too self involved to be a team leader.

4.) For as long as I've followed CU football, this team seems a little small to me. By contrast, when we played UGA a couple of years ago I noticed how huge their players were when they did the 'dog walk' through the fans. Besides a few guys the rest of the guys don't seem like the man-childs that other top teams have. You see a guy like Richardson out there next to the rest of the players and you'll see what I'm talking about albeit he could make most teams look small.

Overall, I remembered as I am looking at their faces that these are our CLEMSON kids. They are a close group and they hurt when they lose. I don't think we have the talent on the lines which has been well documented so don't expect this team to light the world on fire this year. Instead remember that these are kids who chose to play for our beloved school and are fighting no matter the lack of skill in certain areas of the team. Also remember that help is on the way with the OL and DL!

OK, said my peace! GO TIGERS! BEAT FSU!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2004, 12:29 PM

Great post. When "Radio" ran down the hill last year, I had this feeling they were going to win! I think it will be harder this year to win being at their field, but it can be done. Have FAITH is right. Go TIGERS.

Replies: 11
| visibility 359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic