Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do Clemson fans hate FSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 173

Do Clemson fans hate FSU?

Apr 30, 2004, 7:36 AM

Howdy,

Just curious as I'm heading up for the baseball series this weekend. I am a FSU grad. Honestly I have respect for all the ACC schools....except maybe Miami : )
I've heard great things about ya'll from other FSU fans...but of course every fan base has it's bad apples. Looking forward to seing Clemson University for the first time this weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like fsu and there fans mainly because they are not from

Apr 30, 2004, 7:39 AM

columbia or chapel hill
Have fun my plans for comeing for the weekend got messed up so im stuck watching it on tv

Agreed about the Cola / Chapel Hell part***

Apr 30, 2004, 9:16 AM

I don't think so.

Apr 30, 2004, 7:42 AM

I do think that most Clemson (and other ACC) fans have hated the way that FSU has dominated ACC football for so long. But in the fifteen years before FSU joined the conference, that was our burden. It's more jealousy than hatred.

The consensus around here is that Maryland and NC State have the worst fans, UVA and UNC have an inflated sense of self-worth, and everyone else is pretty tolerable. Personally, I'm not a fan of Mike Martin because of some things I've seen him pull on the diamond, but otherwise I think FSU has solid programs, coaches and fans.

NC State?

Apr 30, 2004, 7:50 AM

A number of you have mentioned how bad the fans are at NC State. That's pretty interesting. I've always thought Maryland and UVA (maybe UNC) had the worst fans in the ACC.

IMO, NC State fans nearly rival UGA fans for sucking***

Apr 30, 2004, 8:01 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State fans have always been bad, but since the arrival

Apr 30, 2004, 8:09 AM [ in reply to NC State? ]

of '##### Amato and the 4th Place Parade Band' and Phillip 'Did ESPN Mention he has a daughter' Rivers... they have become vandalizing, trash talking, intolerable ########.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Test*

May 7, 2004, 4:42 PM

Test.

NC State's football

Apr 30, 2004, 10:39 AM [ in reply to NC State? ]

coach also makes them an easy target to hate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do Clemson fans hate FSU?

Apr 30, 2004, 7:44 AM

I'd have to say no. The majority of our animosity is reserved for South Carolina, followed by NCState and Maryland.

Apr 30, 2004, 7:45 AM

I may be in the minority, but I have no big issue for ACC schools outside of the state of NC. I also pull for ACC schools when they go non-conference. As far as FSU - I've long been a fan of the coaching style and "guts" that Bobby B. displays in football. As far as this weekend, I hope the Tigers stomp the 'Noles, (nothing personal).

Apr 30, 2004, 7:52 AM

Thanks for replying. Hey I live in Georgia too. I would think it would be easier for a FSU fan to live here than a Clemson fan...with ya'll's rivalary with UGA and all. How do you like it? I live in Gwinnett County.

No. Most of us wish for the type of success FSU has had. In

Apr 30, 2004, 7:45 AM

generally I find their fans to be gracious and knowledgable and the ones who are strike me and bandwagon, non-alum wanna-bes

I don't hate fsu, no.

UNC, NC State and Coots?

Hate 'm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely not

Apr 30, 2004, 8:23 AM

Hate to lose to FSU, but otherwise I think it's a great rivalry in football and baseball (and shared commiseration in basketball). I enjoy playing FSU, and I have always thought they have the second-best fans in the ACC. :) Clemson fans may be tired of FSU's domination, but there is very seldom the level of animosity reserved for most of the rest of the ACC, and I think that's because Clemson and FSU recognize that they more closely resemble each other than they do anyone else in the ACC.

FSU is not hated, but all the bandwagon fans irk me. Of

Apr 30, 2004, 8:24 AM

course, it's usually a good thing if your school has tons of bandwagon fans because that means you've had a lot of success.

A little envy, a little competition, a lot of chafing...

Apr 30, 2004, 8:35 AM

...but no real sense of hatred among any of the Clemson folks I know.

Lord knows we were sick of losing to you in football, but in baseball, it's been tooth and toenail warfare with a biding respect for the team (if not the doofy antics of the coach).

Our basketball programs are riding eerily similar paths, but you're just a touch ahead of us. But then, we kick your tail in concrete canoe and soccer on a regular basis, so things even out.

All told, folks at Clemson tend to reserve outright hatred for State, the Chickens and the goats. Y'all kinda fit in the honored opponent status. It's always special to beat FSU.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'honored opponet status', thats FSU***

Apr 30, 2004, 9:11 AM

I hate the way that FSU....

Apr 30, 2004, 8:54 AM

smashes us in football most years. But other than that... not really.

I don't.***

Apr 30, 2004, 9:38 AM

Is everyone forgetting the dawgs?***

Apr 30, 2004, 10:17 AM

It's tough to continue to harbor resentment...

Apr 30, 2004, 6:10 PM

when you play 4 times in 15 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as bad as

Apr 30, 2004, 10:29 AM

NC, NC State. Maryland and UVA are also starting to get on my nerves.

You have to respect what FSU has accomplished in football.
I wish we could win one in football more than every other decade. Last year eased some of that pain.
We have a competive series in most other sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as much as

Apr 30, 2004, 10:44 AM

NC and NC State. Of late, Maryland and UVA getting on my nerves as well.

You have to respect what FSU has accomplished in football. I would like Clemson to win in football more than once every other decade. Last year eased some of that pain however. We are competive w/ FSU in most other sports.

Hope you enjoy your visit to God's country...

Apr 30, 2004, 10:45 AM

despite watching your team lose 3 to the TIGERS! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Apr 30, 2004, 11:09 AM

Hey, what's a friendly heckle or two gonna hurt? Have fun, it's usually a pretty good atmosphere.

May 8, 2004, 2:25 AM

If ya'll lived in MD, like me, You'd hat ethem just as much if not more than USC.

I actually like FSU and every FSU fan I have come in contact with (except that tool box, Fear the Spear and allsportstalk.com)has liked Clemson. Gotta keep it in the family ya know

Replies: 25
| visibility 173
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic