Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Repost....(a must read!)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 810

Repost....(a must read!)

Dec 24, 2006, 9:42 AM

The following is an "open letter" presented on the scout.com Clemson board by a current commitment's parent on their experiences during the recruiting practices of the state schools....(I did not have this recruits parents permission to repost, so their names have been removed)

Responsible Moral Agent

As a parent of a recruit I hope the board understands the deeper dynamic of this situation. When ***** and I visited 11 of the 13 schools that offered him we were both sensing each program out on the "character climate." We looked at how the program builds character in its players. How it helps it’s athletes graduate. How it helps the athlete deal with crisis. How it teaches him he is a responsible moral agent responsible for his actions on and off the field. How it protects the family of the athlete by dealing with issues like this within the confines of the team and university. Clemson’s character climate was the best by far.

In contrast, there was one school that immediately fell off the list and that was USC. Don’t get me wrong, I believe there are quality assistant coaches on USC. I believe there are athletes of character on USCs team. However, the character climate is established by the head coach. It was clear to me that Coach Spurrier is not interested in building character. Look at how he has commented on his athlete’s failure off the field before addressing the facts and assumptions and talking with the player. He has time and again dealt with the issue in the public square before addressing it with the athlete. Heck, in the heat of the moment he called out an assistant coach in national public square!

Coach Bowden honored Mr Coleman, he honored the family of Mr Coleman, he taught a young man moral agency, and most of all…. he taught forgiveness with accountability. This is why ***** is a Tiger and his parents trust the Head Tiger and how he runs his program. When he graduates he will be an example of transparent valued moral agency capable of receiving and granting forgiveness. Its more than just football….but Tiger Football can teach young men about how to navigate life after football.

Blessings Mr Coleman.

Bowden Haters need to get real and quick--you fools don't even realize you're actually hurting recruiting by be so negative. GET OVER IT! Our best football is ahead of us and we still beat the coots 80% of the time.

Thank you Coach Bowden for being 1st class and building this thing the right way!

AND, just a quick question for the board...

If Bowden and Spurrier both leave their respective schools in 5 years, WHO WILL HAVE LEFT THEIR SCHOOL SET UP WITH A MORE SUBSTAINABLE PROGRAM?

Message was edited by: tubby®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Willy's dad?

Dec 24, 2006, 9:55 AM

but good writing on whomever's part.. i agree, we are clemson we are better than just caring about winning..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Image hosting by Photobucket

Not Willy's dad, check your T-mail

Dec 24, 2006, 9:57 AM

null

Message was edited by: tubby®

Gamechickens say its Mason Cloy's dad

Dec 24, 2006, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Willy's dad? ]

then accuse Mason and his dad of having sour grapes.....its all over FGF. If you want to feel sorry for some retards just pop on over to the front page of FGF

sounds like if they want to see sour grapes they should look

Dec 24, 2006, 10:00 AM

in the mirror

Cloy's Father...***

Dec 24, 2006, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Willy's dad? ]

Nice letter***

Dec 24, 2006, 10:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Bowden bashers must admit

Dec 24, 2006, 10:25 AM

these sort of issues are very much a strength for our coach and the reason we are able to recruit quality individuals - (see CJ Spiller) both on and off the field. Even when our players make mistakes, they handle the situation like men and they learn some of that from our coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this really Mason Cloy's father??

Dec 24, 2006, 11:34 AM

I think you lose a lot of credibility when you take cheap shots at a coach on a public forum.

I find it interesting how knows how Spurrier deals with player problems based soley off of an unofficial visit in the summer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Spurrier is a jacka$$

Dec 24, 2006, 11:47 AM

The entire world knows it and a father of a player calling him out isn't going to change that. You are stuck with him so live with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be more concerned if the player

Dec 24, 2006, 11:51 AM

played for Spurrier, because then he would have actually dealt with Spurrier on a significant basis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is asking if you are concerned?

Dec 24, 2006, 11:53 AM

We're talking about the opinion of someone else.

You don't like it, that's fine.

Makes it no less interesting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Most of what Mason's father refers to

Dec 24, 2006, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I'd be more concerned if the player ]

are public actions Spurrier has taken. The man is disgraceful with the way he handles coaches and players in the public domain. One could only imagine how he treats them privately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Spurrier has an ego that is beyond comparison.***

Dec 24, 2006, 12:04 PM

Re: Spurrier is a jacka$$

Dec 24, 2006, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Spurrier is a jacka$$ ]

We will live with it as he whips yalls a$$ every year. It will be tough but we will survive!

Sounds like a Lou rerun, He went 1-1 & then O-fer!***

Dec 24, 2006, 5:04 PM

Re: Is this really Mason Cloy's father??

Dec 24, 2006, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Is this really Mason Cloy's father?? ]

yeah, no chance he would have ever talked to others and how dare he form an impression of someone he has met in person more than once

He was stating his assumptions

Dec 24, 2006, 1:39 PM

as facts about how Spurrier handles players.

What assumptions? There's plenty of evidence pal***

Dec 24, 2006, 2:40 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 810
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic