Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday Sermon: Crank up the stereo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 523

Sunday Sermon: Crank up the stereo

Oct 15, 2006, 7:44 AM

Following what had to be one of the strangest weeks on Tigernet Since Geno's Mom and Tigertide's wife opened a Photomat pergola, perhaps we can get to the business at hand.

Plowing a path to Jacksonville.

I think we'e all a tad disappointed Virginia Tech didn't give us any help with BC, but it just points out one very important fact every son of Clemson needs to recognize.

We're on our own.

Our friends are few and far between. Our enemies, both culturally and on the gridiron, are legion. There are so many people waiting for Clemson to stumble and tumble, it's actually sort of depressing.

Take a look around us. Georgia Tech says they can't wait to show the world how we're overrated wannabes who pad our stats on the carcasses of cupcakes. Va. Tech looks at our game as a chance to redeem a disappointing season. NC State and Maryland...to them, we've just become a ticket to a bowl game ... or the bowl game itself. Not sure which is more dangerous.

It's interesting that when we finally get a little appreciation nationally, the neighbors turn against us. We're like rock stars moving into an established neighborhood. The neighbors has begun whispering about the wild parties, complaining to the cops about the cars lining the street.

Things will only get worse when the Woodstock of college football comes to town. Our neighbors are secretly hoping our next album will flop so they can jump up from behind their picket fences and say "See? It was too good to last."

It's going to be a wild week. Work, sleep and studies will suffer, which is understandable. The one thing that cannot suffer is focus.

All the ACC and BCS dreaming means nothing if we lose... to the Jackets, to anyone. All the pretty stats and lofty rankings mean nothing.

One loss and the party stops. It's a buzzkill, but that's the way it is.

So Tigers, if you want to keep the stereo cranked up, if you want to be able to thumb your nose at the neighbors, keep your heads screwed on straight. Don't forget that the game is the reason for the hoopla, not the other way around. Enjoy both, but remember which depends on the other.

It will be interesting this weekend to see which breaks first: our stopping Calvin or Tech's stopping the run. Will they get to WIll? Can we contain Reggie? Who's special teams play will collapse first?

So many questions that may get lost in the noise this week.

And don't forget that this week is a two-fer. The twin Techs on only five days of rest. Everyone wants us to lose at least one of thse games.

We're on our own, Tigers. We're alone. As it should be.

So, crank up the stereo. Let the neighbors complain.

Just don't give them a reason to sneer. Give them reason to fear....and stay behind their picket fences.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday Sermon: Crank up the stereo

Oct 15, 2006, 8:20 AM

AMEN my brotha!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amen Rev....***

Oct 15, 2006, 8:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I dabbled in pacifism once myself Dude. Not in 'Nam of course."

-Walter

AMEN*****

Oct 15, 2006, 8:29 AM

The Rev Proclaims Again!!! Amen Rev. Amen.***

Oct 15, 2006, 8:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You da'man Rev!*****

Oct 15, 2006, 8:57 AM

Replies: 5
| visibility 523
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic