Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Practice observations do date, along with that I am hearing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 51

Practice observations do date, along with that I am hearing

Aug 9, 2023, 4:43 PM

Today is the fifth practice of the fall (starting now), and we've been able to watch six periods in two of those. So not a lot of viewing time. We will get more tomorrow morning when they head out to Jervey Meadows, but until then I have a few observations for you.

I will start with the WR. This group just has a different feel and vibe to it than the last couple of years. Watching them is just different and it's hard to explain, but seeing these guys go and make plays is encouraging. The OL also seems different - I was told that Thomas Austin has worked tirelessly to get them ready and technically sound. Dietrick Pennington looked really good, and this group seems close with a lot of chemistry. And they are all also a year older, which helps.

But I think the biggest difference is just the overall confidence of the offense. I was told that after the offense popped a couple of "big bangers" on the defense things took a very competitive turn. I was told the defense, which is really good and really fast, was out for blood (keep in mind, not in full pads, but still...) and the offense still made plays.

It's hard to explain, but I get the feeling this group knows it has a chance to be good. No laughing. No dancing like we've seen. Just focus. Ruke Orhorhoro told us last night the goal is to win the National Championship, and it didn't seem like he was saying it to just be saying it. He means it. Hopefully I can get a better feel after tomorrow morning's session.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Practice observations do date, along with that I am hearing

Aug 9, 2023, 4:48 PM

Thank you for the report David. Always appreciated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Aug 9, 2023, 4:51 PM

I can’t imagine it helped our defense much the last two years going against our offense. Hopefully this O will give Wes a little better idea where his scheme is weak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2023, 7:36 AM

Calhoun2 said:

I can’t imagine it helped our defense much the last two years going against our offense.

Yea, plastic doesn't sharpen iron.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2023, 4:54 PM

I believe in this team in the LBs stay healthy, WR's step up, which I truly believe they will, and Cade stays healthy. The pieces are there.

Aug 9, 2023, 5:06 PM

Me likes the way Ruke thinks. Afterall, it is why some came back. That's One sure fired way to shut down the "we're done" vibes as well as build more brand value.

Hmm, didn't a great coach once say, "give me your 22 and I'll still beat you..."

Aug 9, 2023, 5:10 PM

Sounds fantastic.

Thanks David!

Aug 10, 2023, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Practice observations do date, along with that I am hearing ]

You da man. The pieces are there on the field. The coaching staff oozes confidence for a change. We just need a little luck and the season could be be special. I must say I’m getting a little fired up. Thanks again for the report!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2023, 5:13 PM

Thanks for the update David. If we can avoid injuries, we may have a dominant team this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update davidhoodsteele...and hope you're OK

Aug 9, 2023, 5:22 PM

after enduring six periods in five days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Thanks for the update davidhoodsteele...and hope you're OK

Aug 9, 2023, 5:27 PM

He is fine. Just a bloody mess to clean up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: Thanks for the update davidhoodsteele...and hope you're OK

Aug 10, 2023, 8:53 AM

Maybe that’s what he meant by the defense was “out for blood”.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

He's coot blocking a few of his special friends,

Aug 9, 2023, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the update davidhoodsteele...and hope you're OK ]

if you know what I mean.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I whine about having one period

Aug 9, 2023, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the update davidhoodsteele...and hope you're OK ]

a monthe. Silly girl.

Aug 9, 2023, 5:24 PM

What is Cade looking like?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuggets and tidbits…keep ‘em coming***

Aug 9, 2023, 5:27 PM

Re: The Truth Comes Out With More Wardrobe ---

Aug 9, 2023, 5:46 PM

When the pads all go on....then that identity and focus comes into real form.

Great to hear! Love that the team is focused!!***

Aug 9, 2023, 6:12 PM

Aug 9, 2023, 6:15 PM

Now that is the kind of stuff I love to read on Tigernet!! Very encouraging! Thank you for your report, Sir!!

Aug 9, 2023, 7:28 PM

You are getting me too excited

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet the wrs are excited now

Aug 9, 2023, 7:32 PM

they have a qb that'll throw them a catchable ball; not up, over, low, in the ground or wobbly duck....oh and on time. LMAO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet the wrs are excited now

Aug 9, 2023, 10:34 PM

And not 100 mph!

Thanks David!***

Aug 9, 2023, 7:37 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2023, 7:38 PM

Good report as usual, David!! Funny you should mention "laughing and dancing." Last night I was watching a replay of the Clemson-NCST game from last year which was a real head banger. The thing I remember most from the game, other than the atrocious offensive play calling (which last year was a given), was the laughing and dancing after making routine plays. I remember thinking that a couple of our DB's were getting beat off the line play after play, sometimes even after playing 20 yards off the ball, yet they were smack talking and dancing like Neon Deion after a game winning pic 6 back in the day. I hope they have matured out of that.

Aug 9, 2023, 8:50 PM

I could sense this team would be really good when Cade first got on the field and immediately the energy and our offense looked different. We didn't necessarily see the immediate results we would like but you could tell the potential for noticeable improvement was there.

With the upgrade of an award winning OC stepping in to unleash his high powered offense with undoubtedly more talented players at his disposal all tiger fans eagerly await the return of our guys streaking up and down the field like years past. The best is yet to come. Go Tigers

YES, most positive O news in 2 freaking years!

Aug 10, 2023, 1:03 AM

ROCK & Roll TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve had a very good feeling about this team

Aug 10, 2023, 7:50 AM

Since the spring game. I saw a number of things in that game to be positive about for 2023. The coaches have a lot to work with and that is bad news for a dozen or so teams who are forced to play the mighty Tigers in 2023.

GO TIGERS BEAT EM ALL!***

Aug 10, 2023, 7:23 AM

I agree; w/everyone about Staying Healthy!

Aug 10, 2023, 12:40 PM

We will have to have some good fortune on our side at a couple of key positions to stay healthy(DE and LB and TE). There is raw talent at the positions I listed; but inexperienced.
I think we have a couple of safeties that can fill in at LB and do just fine - not as worried about LB.

Beyond B'stool - I like the talent we have - but they are all just so raw! Same with DE after you get past XT and Mascol. These are the two positions that keep me up at night as a Tigers fan! I love our depth everywhere else!

Go Tigers!

Aug 10, 2023, 1:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic