Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oh TigerNet, what has happened to you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 577

Oh TigerNet, what has happened to you

Aug 23, 2006, 2:05 PM

So, I read the Rhymer article and my general concensus was that "Hmm this guy is at least honest."

And then I hope over to the TigerBoard only to see it in all but meltdown mode over the article. I'll be honest and say I don't know Scott Rhymer, or have previously heard of him, so I can't side with any beefs people currently have with the man.

But read his points before you make yourself sound like a fool on an internet message board.

He says he doesn't know about Spiller. And neither do any of you. If the kid's good, congrats to us for stealing the talent from Florida. If he's not, he won't be the first (or last) 5 star recruit to disappoint.

He has no idea how good (or bad) Proctor will be. And again, neither do any of you. Proctor was awesome in the '05 Spring game. In '06, he was better than Cullen and Tribble. But that's not saying much. And Proctor didn't do anything in the A&M game. He handed the ball off to JD who ran for the field goal to be set up. And he beat a Duke team. Congratulations for beating one of the worst teams in Division I-A football right now. Questioning Proctor's ability is perfectly logical given the time he's seen.

He has no idea what kind of receiver Jacoby is. Do I really need to keep saying that no one else does either? The kid can fly. Big deal. Speed doesn't make you a great receiver. Can Jacoby beat Chansi in a foot race? Yup. Who are you going to take as your #1 receiver? I doubt anyone would put Jacoby higher than Chansi. Look at Tye Hill. He could fly. But was he a great receiver? Obviously not, since the coaches had him on D. Also, can anyone tell me how tall Ford is? What'd you say? Nowhere near 6' tall? How many shorter receivers have been absolute standouts? And before you argue the fact that Steve Smith isn't tall, name me another receiver or two, and I'll believe you. So let the kid play some before you instantly say he's the fastest, best receiver to ever grace the history of ever.

And on, and on, and on...

I hate to say it, but I agree with the guy's points so much more than many of the posts on TigerNet the last few days. It will take a miraculous season to win the ACC. We have a ridiculous road schedule. FSU has 8 home games. With pretty much all of the hard ones there, aside from Miami. Our team has yet to prove to me that they'll be anything better than an 8-4 team. When's the last time Clemson started off a season hot? Or even better, when's the last time Clemson actually played consistently throughout the entire season?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be at every single home game, until the time runs out, cheering on our Tigers win or lose. But we're no National Powerhouse who's ready to contend for a championship (ACC or National) year in and year out. Give them some time before you actually burn everyone at the stake who hold a different opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%***

Aug 23, 2006, 2:08 PM

Agree with most except the miraculous part.

Aug 23, 2006, 2:11 PM

We are too talented a team for it to take a miracle for us to win the ACC. In the past yes, but the talent gap now is very small.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

james davis and returning 5 o-lineman...

Aug 23, 2006, 2:13 PM

not to mention a proven defense up front. may not win us the acc, but it certainly won't take a "miraculous" season to do it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you.....***

Aug 23, 2006, 2:14 PM

all your miraculous are belong to us.***

Aug 23, 2006, 2:14 PM

The tool is a powerful brain.

A question for the OP

Aug 23, 2006, 2:45 PM

When the heck has TigerNet been any different?

It's a webboard.

We may all be good Clemson fans, and most of us might even be realistic some of the time.

There's still no denying that we can be a tad "excitable"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Re: Oh TigerNet, what has happened to you

Aug 23, 2006, 3:12 PM

I can agree with many of your points but, since you asked: Mark Duper, Tim Dwight, Deion Branch, Santana Moss, Roscoe Parrish, Sinorice Moss, Skyler Green -everyone of these guys is 5'9 (Jacoby's height)or smaller. If you go up to 5'10 (still small receivers) the list is even larger including the likes of Kelly Campbell, Josh Reed, Mark Clayton, Lee Evans to name a few. Other than being upper echelon college receivers, do you know what else these guys have in common? Speed! The only difference is that Ford has even more of it. So, yes, I think it's fair to expect him to be a standout receiver.

This must be the COOT BOARD. Miraculous season???

Aug 23, 2006, 4:30 PM

and they gave you 26 points??? Holy smokes, this must be LOSERS afternoon!

I was with you until....

Aug 23, 2006, 7:28 PM

"It will take a miraculous season to win the ACC"

Miracles usually imply the super natural. We have a shot at the ACC title, there's no doubt about it. It would take nothing more than beating FSU and BC and winning the games we should win (This includes a loss at VT). That wouldn't evenbe CLOSE to miraculous. It almost happened last year.

Replies: 9
| visibility 577
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic