Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m at the game, we need to lay off on D.J.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I’m at the game, we need to lay off on D.J.

Sep 11, 2021, 7:04 PM

He’s extremely nervous and is not taking the shoes he has to fill very well. I do think he will eventually get comfortable in the pocket and at running. Not all players are the same. We got to learn to be patient again. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m at the game, we need to lay off on D.J.

Sep 11, 2021, 7:06 PM

Well said sir

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2021, 7:17 PM

Can't agree more..

Sep 11, 2021, 7:19 PM

Last week must have rattled him a bit. Will bounce back

Sep 11, 2021, 7:22 PM

Great assessment and why people expect a player with very little experience to fill Trevor's shoes is mind blowing.

Sep 11, 2021, 7:24 PM

Even Trevor started off kinda slow his sophomore year.

Sep 11, 2021, 7:28 PM

guys often seem to for some reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2021, 7:30 PM

And he has some personal issues that would impact anyone’s ability to focus (especially a 19 year old)

Sounds like you think he needs more time to grow.

Sep 11, 2021, 7:33 PM

Perhaps another year as a back up learning the system? Yes I agree.

Sep 11, 2021, 7:53 PM

He’s a millionaire, play better!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2021, 8:01 PM

Fans can and will be as patient as the next loss. Until then, we are doing what we do best - "Monday morning QB".

He's definitely got some growing to do. He shined in the backup role last year. I think this is in his head. Hopefully there's a cure.

Sep 11, 2021, 8:03 PM

Exactly. He is young and inexperienced. Look how far Taisun has come.

I agree in principle, but this was supposed to be an easy game for him.

Sep 11, 2021, 8:06 PM

He still doesn’t look comfortable. He didn’t look great today. This was supposed to be his game to right the ship and prove that he is the man.

He didn’t do that. If we are honest with ourselves, we should have a legitimate QB competition now (I don’t expect that though, because our coaches aren’t much for change).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree in principle, but this was supposed to be an easy game for him.

Sep 11, 2021, 8:29 PM

Yeah I actually feel worse about DJ after this game than I did last week. Missing wide open WRs for no apparent reasons much more concerning than when he's being forced to run for his life. He still has all the tools to be great so he can still get there but we need to be prepared for a rollercoaster type season from him.

Sep 11, 2021, 8:50 PM

Bingo! If you aren’t feeling worse about him after this performance, you aren’t paying attention or you don’t know what you’re looking at.

Sep 11, 2021, 8:37 PM [ in reply to I agree in principle, but this was supposed to be an easy game for him. ]

As just a fan I do not feel real confident in our offense and it’s ability to move the ball when they need to against anybody with a pulse.

Sep 11, 2021, 11:08 PM [ in reply to I agree in principle, but this was supposed to be an easy game for him. ]

Hey look - it’s the full time concern troll pretending to be a Clemson fan! EAD coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2021, 11:23 PM [ in reply to I agree in principle, but this was supposed to be an easy game for him. ]

The best players play. DJ is our best qb. I find it funny people even question this. If you don't trust a staff that's won two National Championships and 6 straight conference Championships i don't know what to tell you.

I hope so

Sep 11, 2021, 8:21 PM

Cuz I’m feeling Logan thomas vibes so far

Heather Dinich has entered the chat***

Sep 11, 2021, 8:26 PM

Re: Heather Dinich has entered the chat***

Sep 11, 2021, 8:40 PM

DJ just dosen't look like the man. He is not having fun. He needs to enjoy the game, just play. If he doesn't snap out of it, we will lose to Pitt.

Why PITT?

Sep 11, 2021, 8:45 PM

Georgia Tech looks better a defense then last year. Then we have to go to Raleigh.

Love DJ's potential -- and his family

Sep 11, 2021, 9:09 PM

What have TE and Dabo been doing to facilitate DJ's regression not progression from the BC and ND games last year? That is a question I cannot answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love DJ's potential -- and his family

Sep 11, 2021, 9:35 PM

Yeah, he has a better oline and more WRs at his disposal. Only ETN as far as a bit of a drop off but our current backs are not that far off. Some on here have posted that he was running for his life last week and had no heat barring down on him this week - well, his slow decision making is what made a lot of last week look like he was under constant heat. Hope they see that after today. Tyson looked much more under control, hate that he had to come out after the SC St DB made a heck of a play on that bomb. Our WR should have helped him out a bit more on that and possibly broken up that int.

That was a good catch by their DB***

Sep 11, 2021, 9:39 PM

Re: That was a good catch by their DB***

Sep 11, 2021, 9:42 PM

Heck of a play by him. Seems like he had a good game. Made the most of his opportunity. A lot of people knock these type of games but the small programs need the money and guys like this DB the exposure.

Can we get him to transfer here?

Sep 11, 2021, 11:04 PM

Lol I saw that flex he did in front of Venables lol.

This is the best question and take on DJ so far.

Sep 11, 2021, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Love DJ's potential -- and his family ]

And Dabo coddling him in the press conference isn't helping him. Or the Team!

Sep 11, 2021, 9:43 PM

He looks bad though, nothing wrong with calling that out. What hurts him is that he has been prancing around acting like he accomplished something already, he hasn’t done anything yet. Dressing like a pimp, wearing gold chains, getting paid, he’s just handling the situation well. Plus, I don’t think he’s nearly as talented as a lot of people have made him out to be. He’s not accurate, has zero touch and makes bad decisions.

Sep 11, 2021, 11:11 PM

I think he could be concussed, though I thought I saw some progress.

Sep 11, 2021, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m at the game, we need to lay off on D.J. ]

I've seen TL look pretty bad a few times as well. DJ will be fine. Dude has the talent.

I was at the game too... the solution may be ...

Sep 11, 2021, 11:42 PM

... an easy fix.

I believe his problem is his touch when throwing, and that is affecting his confidence.

He had Ross completely open in the end zone in the first quarter and threw the ball over his head.

I played soccer at Clemson many years ago, but when I was in high school, we had weight training in PE class in high school. One day we did leg work and later I went out to soccer practice. My touch, which was one of my strong skills, was horrible and I was hitting balls too long and too hard. My passing was inaccurate.

When I quit working on strengthening my legs, my touch came back quickly. I learned to work on strengthening my legs in the off season, and used “normal” practice activity to keep my touch in top shape.

If DJ is lifting weights that are too heavy for “normal” training, that could be affecting his touch. If he cuts that regimen out, I bet before you know it, he’ll be hitting the same passes with the same great touch he did last year.

Deshaun had the same issue early in his career and I posted the same thing... soon after, Deshaun’s passing improved significantly and the rest is history. ??

Re: I was at the game too... the solution may be ...

Sep 12, 2021, 8:58 AM

I think they need to continue with the short passes until his accuracy returns. Ga. Tech. will be no pushover.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic