Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A heartfelt thanks!!!!...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 731

A heartfelt thanks!!!!...

Jun 29, 2006, 9:29 PM

Man, oh man!! What a trip! Omaha was a nice city, very friendly people. Locals loved Clemson fans and had lots of negatives about tarhole fans. Speaking of tarholes, I was in the middle of OSU fans on 3rd base side for the championship game and had them calling them tarholes, too…..LOL. Was great to see the tarholes get all excited when they tied the game and even better when the error gave OSU the go ahead run.

Most people I talked to, locals and fans from other schools, had really thought Clemson would take it all. Had about 5 local people tell me that they were impressed with our players. Said they were very well mannered and took the time for autographs. One person told me, even after our second loss, our boys still took time to sign baseballs for kids and would sign until last kid got the autographs. Saw some locals with Tiger paw stickers on their hats. One older gentleman had an old hat with a sticker on it and autographs on the hat from the last time our team was there. He said our team had represented Clemson well the times we were there, took the time to sign a ball for him to take to his grandson in the hospital and Clemson would always be dear to his heart. But, we knew we had class kids, so no big surprise, but it sure made me proud.

Rosenblatt is the place to watch baseball. What a show that place puts on. It is like a circus on the outside of the stadium. I have never seen so many people tailgating or vendors at a baseball game.

Now, it really hit me hard when I sat down in my seat for the final game. I kinda teared up when I looked across the field and didn’t see my Tigers warming up. Thought about it several times during the game.

I have pictures that I will try to post at a later time.

Got an extra day in Chicago on return flight….flight got cancelled. United put us up at the Hyatt and gave us a whopping $5 voucher to use for three meals. That bottle of water was really good….that was about all you could buy there for $5.

The welcome basket at the hotel where we stayed had KIT KATS in it!! I actually did laugh out loud when I saw that.

Saw lots of sites, attended good games and even saw Iowa twice…although I didn’t mean too. Only bad thing about Nebraska is they don’t know left from right. Hwy signs would tell CWS traffic to stay in far left lane…exit was far right lane. Parking person told me to turn left pointing to the right, and only way to turn was right. But I found my way around OK and didn’t get lost but 100 times or so…:)

I want to thank all those that made this trip possible. It was a blast! I am flattered that people got this trip up for me. Rock Bottom, I can’t say thanks enough to you for getting this started. I never thought it would happen, but you are one determined Tiger.

Doing PBP on Tigernet is fun for me and have had some wonderful tmails from people over the years that seem to appreciate it. We have “listeners” from around the globe that come to TigerNet for pbp, but I think the ones that have touched my heart the most are our boys in Iraq that are crowded around a computer for pbp. They are putting their life’s in harms way for US so that we may have the freedom to attend games and still want to know what the Tigers are doing. That my friends, are our heroes.

I would tell ya more about my trip,,,but you know that saying….what happens in Omaha stays in Omaha!

PS: Steaks ain’t too bad in Omaha!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice to hear your story, thanks..

Jun 29, 2006, 9:55 PM

You're a great Tiger!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it'd be cool if you threw out the first pitch in a game

Jun 29, 2006, 10:31 PM

but I don't know how you'd do PBP on TN from the mound ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 731
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic