Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A response to the board this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 934

A response to the board this morning

Apr 20, 2006, 9:45 AM

I hope everyone is doing well. It seems that the latest blog has some of you up in arms. Here are a couple of points of information:

1. This is the 12th blog we have published. As many as 7,500 people a day read some of them. They average over 6,100 readers per day. I have received in the neighborhood of 200 e-mails on the previous blogs and only about five or so negative comments before today. Today could triple that number.

2. I am not running out of stuff to write about. As a matter of fact I have written part of the next four blogs for next week. I hope you will continue to enjoy them. This is a long-term project.

3. If you read the first paragraph, I say this is meant to be fun. It is difficult ranking anything today but competition abounds. Are we supposed to turn our cheeks to production?

4. There will be other rankings you will disagree with. Please feel free to comment on them as well.

5. For the most part, I think about 80 of the 86 comments were pretty positive. I think you will be interested to see the rest of the list.

6. I completely understand that not every opinion everyone has is popular. You will not agree with everything that anyone says. You have every right to express your opinion here.

7. I value everyone opinion on here. Everyone is entitled to his opinion and should be entitled to share it.

8. In the future anytime you agree or disagree please let me know here or through e-mail.

When you work hard you deserve the recognition. People are held accountable for their work ethic throughout life. I am and so are you. Students compete for grades and are held accountable. Competition is good. I am not the only one who knows about work ethic and what kind of teammates these guys are to each other.

In summary, the blog is meant to be fun. I was hoping you guys would agree or disagree with the rankings and talk about which you would have ranked higher or lower. The blog is not intended to hurt anyone but sometimes it might. I think I am a positive person and shed mostly positive light. However, I am not a sunshine pumper or a Rose Bowler. It is good to see loyal Tiger fans defending their guys to death. Thanks for your time and I hope you guys have a great day.

Mickey

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crash enjoys the blogs...***

Apr 20, 2006, 9:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Good job Mick....***

Apr 20, 2006, 9:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A response to the board this morning

Apr 20, 2006, 9:55 AM

Mickey
I personally was not upset by your latest blog, the only problem I have was not taking your step-son to the game last night...lol

Whenever you write something...

Apr 20, 2006, 9:57 AM

You're always going to have a critic somewhere. That's life. Don't let it stop you from writing what you want.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

BLAME THE MEDIA!!!

Apr 20, 2006, 10:20 AM

;)

I enjoy the blog and understand it's an opinion

Apr 20, 2006, 9:59 AM

No one has to agree with it all. It makes for interesting reading. Keep up the good work Mickey

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long before they cost $$ to read?***

Apr 20, 2006, 10:04 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have enjoyed your blog but...

Apr 20, 2006, 10:06 AM

I just feel this one is a little out of line. At the same time you have the right to say it. I disagree but that's life. One thing about this article is that it's not very interesting. I want to here about the best players not the worst. I know that that's coming but it would have been nice to skip over this one and go straight to the top of the list.

Mickey

Apr 20, 2006, 10:21 AM

I Love the blog, it shows what recruiting actually means to a program. You always have to upgrade and Clemson is doing that, I cant wait to see where you have everyone else ranked from here on out. Keep up the good work!

I enjoy your stuff, but this list is STUPID

Apr 20, 2006, 10:44 AM

and had no business being put on the front page of a reputable site.

It is in poor taste.***nm

Apr 20, 2006, 10:48 AM

Heaven forbid someone write something that doesn't

Apr 20, 2006, 10:48 AM

praise Clemson with every other word.

Some people need to get a life.

Heaven forbid some show some journalistic integrity!

Apr 20, 2006, 10:55 AM

We don't need sunshine pumped up our arses.

Then again maybe you are so brutally honost that you tell your wife that dress does make her fat and yes that haircut does look bad.

I just prefer not to call kids out like this. How would you feel as the father of player reading that some Clemson site is publically saying your son is the worst athlete on the team. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant. The point is it is tasteless!

most of the bottomfeeders are freshmen that haven't even

Apr 20, 2006, 10:58 AM

arrived on campus yet or someone, as the article illustrates, that has potential as he learns/grows into the system...so as a parent, I'd probably be like, "yeah, that seems about right"

Thank you for your opinion. Now carry on with your day.***

Apr 20, 2006, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Heaven forbid some show some journalistic integrity! ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOT!!!***

Apr 20, 2006, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Heaven forbid someone write something that doesn't ]

People have no problem giving "stars" to

Apr 20, 2006, 10:56 AM

high school players and gushing on and on about how great they will be in college. However when someone starts to rank them once they start playing college ball some people get upset.

This fits in well with the "do as I say and not as I do crowd". With those people it's all about their perspective and not results of their actions which of course, they view as above average.

I have always thought that recruiters should be held accountable for their ranking of High School players. Everyone of these so called recruiting experts should look back every year and review the careers of the players they ranked so high and compare it to what the player actually did on the field. I'm afraid that many will hesitate to do this because it might expose their bias's and just how wrong they were.

Then again we could find out the people who really know what they are doing. I've alway's liked your show and your opinions.

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Great Job Mickey!!!

Apr 20, 2006, 11:07 AM

we (at least most) appreciate all you do for us here.

Re: A response to the board this morning

Apr 20, 2006, 11:08 AM

i take issue with chason at 86. sure he has been a disappointment last seaon as a punter but his save of the hold vs a&m quite possibly saved our season

Replies: 19
| visibility 934
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic