Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats on Victory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Congrats on Victory

Sep 11, 2017, 8:11 AM

Hey guys,

I made my first trip to Clemson this weekend. I sat in Section L with some of the classiest fans I have ever been associated with. You guys made me a fans of yours. I wish our offense would have shown up to make it a better game. I believe we will be another 5 loss team this year and Gus will be shown the door. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way and if you get the opportunity to play the Updykes from our state, I will be rooting hard for you guys!

War Eagle and Go Tigers!

Eric

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on Victory

Sep 11, 2017, 8:13 AM

Don't give up yet. You may have just played the toughest D in the toughest to play in venue in CFB. With hurt RBs in a traditionally run heavy scheme to boot.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:15 AM

I think Auburn is a legit top 10 or 15 team. I only see you guys losing to maybe Alabama down the road

Sep 11, 2017, 8:19 AM

Glad our fans showed you good sportsmanship, Aubie1 - best of luck to you guys the rest of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Thanks for the support

Sep 11, 2017, 8:30 AM

You can be assured that many Carolina Tigers are Alabama Tigers when we aren't playing each other. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of as you have a great team. It would have been a different game if Pettway was 100% and Stidham had 7 or 8 games under his belt. Glad this one is in the books.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Uh, that's not a five loss team, bro.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:32 AM

9-3 at worst, IMO. You guys are good, we're just better. No shame in that.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 8:42 AM

Thnx! Dittos on the AU fans as well. I believe Auburn is a great team. It takes a great team to stay with a great program, and your guys never let up, and neither did your fans. Good luck with the rest of your season. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn fans I talked with were as nice as any

Sep 11, 2017, 8:49 AM

visitors we have had. It wasn't that your O didn't show up - our D is the best you will see all year - not many SEC teams will give you guys trouble.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn fans I talked with were as nice as any

Sep 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

By the way, when I talk about how bad our offense is, it is in no way a slight against your defense.
I totally agree with you guys, your defensive line is best in the country. I was just upset that we didn't run more slants, screens, Perimeter runs, etc.. Stuff that slows an aggressive defensive line. We didn't help our QB any. It may not have helped, but I would liked for them to have tried.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:07 AM

Respect that

Thanks for visiting the real Death Valley

Wish it would've been louder for you... I've been to louder home games

Sep 11, 2017, 9:18 AM

You will not lose 5 games. You have a very good defense. Offense needs to be turned over to the Offensive Coordinator.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was impressed with the talent of Auburn

Sep 11, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn fans I talked with were as nice as any ]

We know how well you recruit because we went after many of your guys. Your Tigers played well and with good effort, and I believe that Clemson and Auburn have comparable talent. The difference in the game was coaching. Your coaches did not put your QB in a position to win. If they knew that your O-line was questionable and that the Clemson defense was tough, they should have prepared him for what was coming and given him options.

I put that loss on your offensive coaches. Everyone rightly praises Clemson for the talent we have brought in over the last 5 to 8 years, but folks don't talk about what a great coaching staff is at Clemson. Our guys are coached and improve through the season and from year-to-year. We are blessed - plus our coaches are good guys with a lot of class.

Sep 11, 2017, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn fans I talked with were as nice as any ]

Aubie, you're a class act. Don't let anyone rub salt on the wound and have a great season the rest of the way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't it a refreshing change...

Sep 11, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Auburn fans I talked with were as nice as any ]

to have opposing fans on our campus who are polite guests and knowledgeable college football fans.

Certainly a stark contrast from the norm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:18 AM

Nice post. Glad you had fun and felt welcome! We try hard, so thanks.

I hope you're wrong about your W-L record. I don't think Gus is great coach either fwiw. But, your defense is really good, and I think it gives you a chance against anybody you play.

Your QB is a good one and should start performing better each game from here on out. He'll definitely improve. Playing in DV @ night against our defense will make most QB's look bad. If Action Jackson @ Louisville gets stymied this week don't be surprised.

I honestly think you guys should win 10 games this year and give Alabama all they can handle. Good luck this season...Go Tigers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We chased 2 Auburn fans away from sect O

Sep 11, 2017, 9:40 AM

When there was no PI called on Caine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I talked to over a hundred Auburn fans Saturday, and all

Sep 11, 2017, 10:02 AM

were as friendly as Clemson fans except for the drunk freshman punk behind me in the stands and AuburnFan on this board.

Good luck with the rest of the season. Hope y'all win out.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic