Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remain amazed and astounded.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 745

I remain amazed and astounded.

Nov 14, 2005, 3:19 PM

I posted this preseason, but it seems so right to revisit it in light of the trash talking going on by some of the chickies in here. Just a reminder: consider shutting it, or at least being polite about it until you've actually beaten us a few times. This incessant crap about pounding on Clemson gets old when you consider....

1) Why Clemson fans are always going on about how much better Clemson is in football: Because we are, and because large numbers of SC fans continue to dispute that while having nothing to back it up except for...

2) The future. As in next year, next coach, next recruiting season. Excuse our skepticism, Gamecocks. You see, it just ain't happened yet. I understand why you want so badly for this to be the guy to lead you into national prominence and put Clemson Football in the rear-view mirror. I get it. 100 and x years later, desperation is starting to set in, and everyone's gotta have hope. But, if I may make a tiny suggestion...

3) Shut up until you've actually done something. Talk about how great Steve Spurrier is once he's won a conference championship at South Carolina. Congratulations on your improvement in 2005 - hell you've beaten some teams that you sure wouldn't have a year ago. Clemson's had another roller coaster season which drives us nuts. I know, I know, to combat that Clemson fans are always...

4) Living in the past. But you see what's actually occurred is the only thing that counts. What might occur in the future don't mean squat. Again, I realize that the future is all you have to look towards, because looking back in the past gets you naught but visons of...

5) A losing program. Sure, there have been a few acceptable years here and there, and this one looks like it might work out okay for you, but only one year in your history really stands out as a positive. The problem with our Gamecock foes, Tiger Fans, is that they have a very rabid fan base that never gets rewarded for their patronage (at least in the first half) at Williams-Brice. Can you imagine being in their shoes with their history? It's enough to drive anyone...

6) Insane. Which brings us to why you always see these posts from (some) Gamecocks telling us how we're about to be put in the rear-view mirror in terms of football in this state. The insanity clearly causes the affected person to forget football season itself, and only concentrate on media attention, off-season coaching changes, spring games, attendance at spring games, and recruiting battles. The afflicted individual can no longer understand what transpired during the season, and therefore has forgotten that the Gamecocks would need to...

7) Win 26 consecutive games to tie the series with Clemson which going to be very difficult to do, what with their track record of...

8) Not having beaten Clemson in back to back games in 35 years. Fortunately fans like me who are 32 years old have never seen this happen, and have actually only been around for 9 total losses to South Carolina. But can you see, Tiger bretheren, where if you were in their shoes you might have a mental illness when you also consider that...

9) Clemson has won 7 out of the last 8 games and the last two have been by margins so convincing that no one outside of the state wanted to watch the game. Hence, it's on PPV this year.

Pandora opened the box in Columbia. All the evil, nasty stuff got out but had trouble crossing the Congaree, so it all stuck around. In the bottom of that box was hope, and that's all the Gamecocks have left. Every now and then something else crawls out of the box, and this time it appeared wearing a visor. So perhaps Mr. Spurrier will bring improvement and glory to South Carolina football - who knows? So hang on to your preseason glory, Gamecocks, hold on to that thin thread of hope. No one can take that from you. It's just that people would respect your fans more if you just wouldn't...

10) Talk #### to that 600 lb anvil as it falls towards your heads each fall. I've never seen a group of fans whose program has accomplished so little talk so much trash to the fans of schools that absolutely OWN them.

This has been a presentation of The Gamecock Excuse Network, a division of Learfield and ISP.

Seriously. Pay attention to #10. Here it comes again. Duck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will probably be the best post of the entire week!

Nov 14, 2005, 3:22 PM

Well done! There's not much left to say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

THAT was NICE! Loved the way you moved into the next #.*****

Nov 14, 2005, 3:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 745
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic