Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This article has a lot of TNETTERS pegged
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

This article has a lot of TNETTERS pegged

Oct 11, 2005, 8:42 AM

Three million and one reasons to keep Bowden
FACEOFF: Is Tommy Bowden in trouble?

BY KEN BURGER
Of The Post and Courier Staff

Every year the Internet chat rooms light up with brash talk about firing Clemson coach Tommy Bowden.
But if you think he's on the hot seat, read his contract. That should give you about three million reasons why he feels secure as the Tigers' coach.

Which means Thursday night's game at N.C. State is just the next game on the schedule. Win or lose.

Because you have to consider the source of the criticism.

I don't go into chat rooms because I think the floors are sticky. It's mostly populated with hormonal 20-somethings who think they can say anything about anybody in these anonymous, electronic rat holes.

Truth is, Bowden's doing a pretty good job. His boss thinks so. So do I.

Sure, he makes mistakes, but he's human. Every week we see big-time coaches mismanage the clock or call the wrong play.

Should they be fired? Not really. It's all part of college football. Yes, even losing to Wake Forest is part of college football.

And you know what? If any of these cyber critics had to make a tough call in front of 80,000 screaming fans with the clock running down, they'd probably wet themselves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Oct 11, 2005, 8:44 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOT KILLA!

4 million

Oct 11, 2005, 8:49 AM

http://www.thetigernet.com/view/story.do?id=3040

This is rediculous....

Oct 11, 2005, 8:54 AM

First of all, you people that can't handle a little criticism need to chill out.

Second of all, neither me nor the other people on this board are getting paid millions of dollars/year to make those decisions. But if you are going to be in that industry, then you d**n well better be good at it....especially if I am the one paying you.

I did wet myself......

Oct 11, 2005, 8:52 AM

when I saw that fake field goal call. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Fortunately when the fake field goal was called,

Oct 11, 2005, 8:54 AM

my waitress bent over in front of me and flashed a little cleavage. A pleasant distraction from an unpleasant event!

LOL********

Oct 11, 2005, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I did wet myself...... ]

Lol. That's gonna get a lot of people in a pi$$y mood today

Oct 11, 2005, 9:01 AM

...mostly because it's true.

I'm not 20something...so I can whine.***

Oct 11, 2005, 9:07 AM

Good Post!***

Oct 11, 2005, 9:09 AM

Re: This article has a lot of TNETTERS pegged

Oct 11, 2005, 9:41 AM

I forget we are in S. Carolina where you can't hold people who make millions of dollars accountable for their decisions. I wish everyone around here would grow a pair already.

These people have no idea. Go coach in Boston, Philly, or NY where the actual writers will call you out. This internet chat room stuff happens everywhere. I am not saying it is right, but people are way too sensitive. Most people have been critical of some coaching decisions, while a few have actually said to fire him. And I think everyone knows he isn't going anywhere, but does that mean you should not question why we are losing to Wake?

I am a Bowden supporter, but I also believe that the man should be held accountable. And if it bothers other people, well then tell Tommy to sack up, go out there and prove everybody wrong like he started to do in 2003.

I just think it is immature for Burger to call out and make fun of people in chat rooms for questioning the coaches after losing to Wake and going 2-3. It doesn't offend me, I just think it is terrible journalism.

It's been said a million times...........

Oct 11, 2005, 9:51 AM

Noone said that you can't question the coaches and expect better. But there is a big difference in constructive criticism and calling for the coaches to be fired. The majority of the posters don't know the difference.

Exactly. You can complain all day long. I don't care.

Oct 11, 2005, 10:10 AM

It's the fans who have screamed and cried for the coach to be fired after practically every loss for the past 7 years that has given our fans the reputation with "the media" that so many think is unwarranted. It's not. They've been watching and listening to all these clowns for years now, and they know EXACTLY how a lot of Clemson "fans" choose to react to anything that goes wrong: Fire someone.

imo it is mostly the 20 somethings doing the whining

Oct 11, 2005, 9:59 AM

there are a lot of us "older" fans who understand the situation and accept it for what it is!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic