Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
20 years ago today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

20 years ago today...

Sep 20, 2005, 9:07 AM

I was very excited about the Clemson/Georgia game the next day. It was September 20, 1985...Friday...my friends and I were playing some backyard football..of course we were wearing our Clemson jerseys. Unfortunately we did not make it to the Clemson game the next day as my father Jerry W Hodge...Clemson Class of 1971...died of a heart attack while running.

As many of you my father took me to Clemson games from the time I was born. He sat beside me and answered each and every kid question about football. He took me to the 1980 USC game..just me and him...we sat in the rain and watched the Tigers win 27-6. We watched on NBC the following year as the Tigers won the National Championship. Clemson, my childhood and my dad are completely linked.

I did not chose to go to Clemson as I went to The Citadel but my love of The Tigers will always be there and I have passed it onto my son.

Go Tigers!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=74830161309&photoid=64830161309

Message was edited by: Tigerfansince1972®

Message was edited by: Tigerfansince1972®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 20 years ago today...

Sep 20, 2005, 9:15 AM

Great email Mark..
From one of your ElCid classmates, I too feel the love for Clemson and appreciate the deep feelings you still have for your father...

I almost lost mine threee years later in a car wreck... So I can certainly appreciate how you feel...

Take Care,

Jamie Newman

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great story man***

Sep 20, 2005, 9:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic