Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of talk goes on here about the Clemson family and how we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

A lot of talk goes on here about the Clemson family and how we

Feb 6, 2015, 8:00 PM

Are better than USC. How we are in every way superior. Today, some of you, proved the opposite to be true . Now, I realize this does not speak to the majority of Clemson fans but I saw far too many people today and yesterday making jokes and commenting in a classless manner concerning the wearing of black and garnet as if the loss of life was no biggie. Not to mention the comments made concerning the tragedy itself that were callus and idiotic.

Even the post I made earlier was twisted and bent to suit some childish agenda to cause a fight where there was none. Splitting hairs to find some point of reason to justify your awful and tasteless behavior and ignoring the overal point of the post. Obviously, not everyone agrees and most will not wear their colors. That's fine. But some felt a need to minimalize this tragedy but throwing rivalry humor at it and post comments of poor taste concerning it. Not to mention the efforts by a few to be hateful to me for defending human decency.

I applaud those who had a more mature stance and could understand the gesture the wearing of colors offered our rival in a time of morning. It's a shame some of you can't see how wrong it is to make light of this. Anytime something like this happens , football should be the last thing on our minds. Many of us have family or friends that attend USC.

You may not agree with what I said or even the words I choose. Maybe I did a poor job communicating. But my point remains clear and any reasonable person can see that. The jokes concerning what happened and the jokes negatively impacting the support many Clemson fans were offering are wrong .

I get the feeling some people don't care if it's wrong, they just feed on that behavior. Birds of a feather...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did anyone actually read all that?***

Feb 6, 2015, 8:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone actually read all that?***

Feb 6, 2015, 8:03 PM

Yes, I did and I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2015, 8:04 PM

I did and its right

Amen.***

Feb 7, 2015, 12:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2015, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

Yes every word and I agree!

Feb 6, 2015, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

Yep

Feb 6, 2015, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

Well said... exactly how I feel. I have friends & family at USC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed I did

Feb 6, 2015, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

I'm in agreement with the op.
Perhaps some would have been better served by the old adage,"If you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything.."

Feb 6, 2015, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

Yes, and count me as one in agreement.

Feb 6, 2015, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

I read every word and agree.

Yes indeed and well said!**********

Feb 6, 2015, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's your reply?

Feb 7, 2015, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Did anyone actually read all that?*** ]

"It's too long so I didn't read it"? That's lazy and whiny.

the post you made earlier basically stated

Feb 6, 2015, 8:20 PM

that if you chose to not wear garnet, or if you said you didn't think wearing garnet was necessary, you were classless...

of course, you were very eloquent in the attempt to get points... much like this latest post.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: the post you made earlier basically stated

Feb 6, 2015, 8:31 PM

Ditto

Tiger/Terrier

Feb 6, 2015, 8:35 PM [ in reply to the post you made earlier basically stated ]

His second thread today putting down fans of Clemson.

I've yet to see him write a "book" on things like the tweet from a coot fan. I smell something..

But maybe I'm wrong. I'm on meds after all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2015, 11:26 PM

So who is that guy? Is that a troll account, or is that someone known within the South Carolina community? Pretty vile thing to say.

Agreed...***

Feb 6, 2015, 8:20 PM

Re: A lot of talk goes on here about the Clemson family and how we

Feb 6, 2015, 9:02 PM

To be fair i saw some pretty classless posts from the other side as well. Didnt care how we felt, didnt accept any concern from taters, etc...one even said he wished someone would shoot Clemson. So now lets address that. Using this tragedy to attack a rival under a cloak of nobility is low down as well and self serving. Its no better

Feb 6, 2015, 11:06 PM

If someone actually said that they hope someone shoots up Clemson, then they're lower than low. However, we need to hear idiots like that guy and just shrug our shoulders. We're better than that and we need to show it, even when others act without class.

What time in the morning though?

Feb 6, 2015, 9:07 PM

I had my garnet on from 8am-10am, but switched to orange from 10am-12, and then abruptly burned my garnet shirt because it looks like ####.

Am I still a good person?

It's important.

Oh yea, and I was totally serially "morning" this mourning. For Sirius.

Feb 6, 2015, 9:17 PM

I think that what happen yesterday at coot college was absolutely awful. And I have said my prayers and have ask God to make there journey pleasant one and to forgive the wife and to bless them both. But, I don't need to wear garnet and black to prove how utterly awful I feel inside over a terrible waste of two lives over domestic problems. Its an absolute shame b/c it didn't have to come to that. I've went 62 years without having to prove nothing to the fan base, and if by my saying how bad I truly do feel, then I don't know what else to say. The rest of my life will be done without me wearing garnet and black though. And I say this without a disrespectful feeling in my body b/c there is no disrespect meant. I have never wished death to any of them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2015, 9:21 PM

Well said sir.

Feb 6, 2015, 10:28 PM

For the record, this is my "FIRST" reply to any board. Love all of Clemson and what the school represents, academically, sports related, and socially. I'm totally "ALL IN" But, I do have a comment for all of this jibberish (Foolishness, Negative tone) from some of "The Clemson Family" concerning the sad events in Columbia. There is another adage, "Sometimes when you "REALLY" have nothing to say, it's best to keep your mouth shut, and remove all doubt.

Feb 6, 2015, 10:34 PM

Are you sure you got that "adage" right?

Feb 6, 2015, 9:53 PM

Sad, tragic ...yes. Should we be supportive of anyone who goes through a similar situation? Most definitely! But I find continuous self righteous indignation as unbecoming as classless behavior. Give the horse a break and move on. Go Tigers!

Pretty sure 99.9% of Clemson fans take this loss of life

Feb 6, 2015, 9:56 PM

very seriously and send thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims.

Having said that, how many more threads are you going to create to whine about message board posts?

Do us all a favor and give it a rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I see you're back on that horse.***

Feb 6, 2015, 10:28 PM

I have prayed for those families involved from the beginning

Feb 6, 2015, 10:44 PM

I have not posted about this previously, and I didn't know about our tribute.
I do not have any garnet, but could have worn black. By the time I heard about
this, I was in my orange and didn't change, but my sincere prayers were with these
families. Prayers were more valuable than the colors.....JMHO

simplyput... please just console yourself with this fact...

Feb 6, 2015, 10:53 PM

a handful of doosh-nozzles on a message board is not representative of Tiger Nation as a whole. ####, it's not even a nano-blip on the radar. It's kinda like when 200 people march and carry signs and chant slogans and shutdown a couple streets in New York City. I guess when you're the leader of this so-called "movement" and you see 200 people behind you, you feel pretty significant. Fact is, there are approximately 20 million people in the NYC metro area, and 200/20,000,000 = 00.000001 of the people agree with you. Translated... 99.9999% of the people disagree or don't give a ratsazz about your cause.

Likewise, when a dozen or so posters on a public message board have an opinion that you find objectionable or offensive, don't sweat it. It just doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. It's not representative of the fan base as a whole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: simplyput... please just console yourself with this fact...

Feb 6, 2015, 11:21 PM

Very well said. The only problem is that while the idiots make up a microscopic portion of the population, they're the ones who are always put on center stage nowadays whether it be religious, political, or otherwise. Unfortunately, there's really nothing that can be done to stop it. Just gotta roll with the punches.

So you're saying...

Feb 6, 2015, 11:33 PM [ in reply to simplyput... please just console yourself with this fact... ]

that 99.99999999% of Clemson fans think the OP is exploiting the tragedy just to have something to argue?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're saying...

Feb 6, 2015, 11:56 PM

>>>that 99.99999999% of Clemson fans think the OP is exploiting the tragedy just to have something to argue?

Yeah, that must be it. Sorta like how 99.999999% of the Tiger fans who come here to actually read something about Clemson sports have to scroll through endless circle jerk posts from a handful of people whose jokes weren't funny the first 100 times they posted them, let alone the last 50,000 times. "Oh, does any juan know if ### and yyy are aware of this? It might be important. Asking for a friend." Jesus Christ, can't they just call each other on the phone or text it personally or something? Why should the rest of us have to constantly read that same nonsense over and over and over? I get carpal tunnel trying to scroll past that same goofy crap on so many threads...

Sorry, but it is mind-numbingly stoopid, and I have a buzz, and I don't give a ####.

haha.***

Feb 6, 2015, 11:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quick kweshun

Feb 7, 2015, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So you're saying... ]

Who are these posters you speak of? Anyjuan in particular? Asking for a friend.

Re: Quick kweshun

Feb 7, 2015, 12:29 AM

>>>Who are these posters you speak of? Anyjuan in particular? Asking for a friend.

Relax...
I'll need some information, first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

there is no pain...

Feb 7, 2015, 12:32 AM

you are receding.
a distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
ewe are only coming through in waves...
your lips move but i can't hear what you're saying.

Yeah, there are some real idiots here.

Feb 7, 2015, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: So you're saying... ]

But most of us know about the ignore feature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch

Feb 7, 2015, 12:14 AM

And a plus 1 to you, good sir.

it certainly seems that way.***

Feb 6, 2015, 11:58 PM [ in reply to So you're saying... ]

Are you trying to start another circle jerk?

Feb 7, 2015, 12:14 AM

I think the OP is a girl and it might get out of hand.

i'm your huckleberry...

Feb 7, 2015, 12:24 AM

happy friday night into saturday morning '88; the world seems to have grown extremely sensitive and small.

I'm desensitized to sensitive people.

Feb 7, 2015, 12:31 AM

I'm exhausted because there's just too many in the world to please. It really bothered me that EOYOT got his feeling hurt and invoked an apology from me only to vanish. Seems folks just troll Tnet to find conflict over PC bullchit.

some people need an audience. maybe no one listens to them

Feb 7, 2015, 12:39 AM

at home or in the office or in their lives in general?

maybe it's their only moment in the sun?

Re: some people need an audience. maybe no one listens to them

Feb 7, 2015, 2:55 AM

This is my first philosophical circle jerk, thanks, I enjoyed it.

Wanna Kool cigarette and cuddle?

You're being a super oversensitive girl ... stop it.

Feb 6, 2015, 10:58 PM

No jokes were made about what happened yesterday on the campus of USC. Not sure why you're so overly sensitive about it. You wore garnet today. Good for you. We're all proud of you. No one is putting you down for your efforts to "support" the cause. But your blatant effort to demean those who stated that they didn't show their support in that same way is ludicrous. If you were really supportive and caring, you would accept and support all means of prayer and support that was given to the USC family, instead of finding a way to demean one particular effort that some didn't adopt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said TTT!***

Feb 6, 2015, 11:15 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 6, 2015, 11:01 PM

I've been confused all day because everyone keeps saying "USC", this whole time I thought we were talkin about Scar

Feb 7, 2015, 12:36 AM

A 46 year old woman kills her 45 year old ex husband on USuC campus and you jump to support all things Gamecocks. Give it a d amn break and stop acting like those of us who won't jump to wear coot colors over something like that are bad people.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic