Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sweet Jesus...I had to finally register to speak my mind..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 87
| visibility 1

Sweet Jesus...I had to finally register to speak my mind..

Nov 16, 2014, 12:24 PM

I'm not the oldest Tiger fan. I'm 39 and haven't missed a game at the Valley in 7 years now and was on my dad's knee as a kid when the place had one upper deck. So I've got alittle cred as a fan...

I had to go register because some of you either aren't old enough or are too dense to see the forest for the trees. We had some good years with Coach Howard and some great ones with Danny. Then it went in the crapper. I sat through Hatfield's good record and GA Tech offense. I sat through 3-8 with Tommy West. I left that cathedral that is our Valley COUNTLESS times cussing Bowden because he couldn't find a way to beat Maryland, or he couldn't find a way to beat little BC, AT HOME, to go to the ACC chmpnshp, or watched him go up to Wake...Wake freakin forest...and struggle again and again to win against 1 star recruits. And it sucked big ones. 6-5 and 7-5 and 8-4 over and over and over sucks. He beat USC. TERRIBLE USC teams. 0-11 teams. Teams that Gilmore had to play QB on, etc etc. They sucked and noone outside the borders of this state gave a crap about them.

I wanna beat the fence-squawkers. Of course. But I want national aspirations for my Tigers. The Coot thing will come back around and we'll still lead the series by 25 games. IMO, fans who would be happy with 1-10 as long as we beat USC are stuck in a by-gone era of CB...Big time isn't just beating' that losin' ### team from down the road. It's wanted and desired, but there's more people...AND WE'VE TASTED IT AGAIN RECENTLY, FINALLY, AFTER WONDERING AROUND IN THE DARK FOR 20+ YRS.

I;am not a Dabo pumper. Yesterday sucked and I was in my living room, head in hands, knowing what was happening the moment it did. I've got concerns about Chad working the crap outta D-Wat first game back. If you stretch out Deshaun's #'s, it seems like Chad was aiming to run him 25 times and pass it 30 times. No CFB players can keep up that workload week in week out. JUST BECAUSE HE CAN DO IT, DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVER OTHER PLAY. Chad should've understood what is behind D-Wat and, at least somewhat, protect our MOST PRECIOUS asset.

BUT...you people who are ready to ship Dabo outta town..he's a baptiser, a cheerleader, a this, a that...reeducate yourselves on the 20 yrs I discussed above, the train wreck he came into (and not all a train wreck of talent, but the attitude and direction of the whole #### thing) and PLZ...FREAKING PLZ..explain to me what the man has done to not have a little cred in the bank, a few notches on his belt with what he's done.

Has it been perfect? Hell no. Is he still learning? Absolutely. Is the shine off of The Chad hire? Perhaps. But I know these things...

1)He has tried to make every move, push every button, do everything he can to get us to a winning top 5 program, CLEANLY. Ill take 7-3 before I have the nation looking at us like FSU.

2) He will continue to do what is necessary until he shows me otherwise.

and 3) (and this one holds a lot of weight with me) he gives a #### about my University as much as I do. I lost count with how many times I looked over in the 3rd qrtr of a tied ballgame, and freaking Bowden was squatting down playing with the stupid grass. This man has cried for My Clemson..like my eyes well up every time they run down that hill. He cares. Does the HBC really care about USC..nope, legacy. Does Muschamp give a crap about UF..plz. The man gives a ####.

Anyway, I don;t know where his career here will lead. Still up in the air. But he at the very least has done enough to stay behind him at the present time. I'm sorry this is so long and if you made it through, thx. But I had to finally register after years of casual reading here and get some things off my chest. Again, sorry for the long read.

Nick

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sweet Jesus...I had to finally register to speak my mind..

Nov 16, 2014, 12:28 PM

Too long didn't read it all

Didn't, or couldn't?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:32 PM

Is 140 characters your attention span limit?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't, or couldn't?

Nov 16, 2014, 2:52 PM

Based on his past postings and arguments, I vote for couldn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Nov 16, 2014, 12:28 PM

Too long and it seems you're a dabo pumper

Bet he just left Church with Dabi

Nov 17, 2014, 9:26 AM

Dead on Kcind! The negativity on this board stinks. Be positive or be quiet.

Great post Nick!******

Nov 17, 2014, 10:19 AM

NM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more of a "it's been worse so you should be happy with this crap." ***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Sweet Jesus...I had to finally register to speak my mind.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 16, 2014, 12:29 PM

Wandering in the dark...not wondering..That'd be stupid. Just turn the dang light on..lol

Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 PM

Lmao...You people are a trip.

Just fans...some fanatics. But mostly disgruntled fans

Nov 16, 2014, 12:31 PM

Though I will say, some are quick to throw blame and see where it sticks just b/c it is some form of catharsis for them...

I think everyone is upset because it looks like we're...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 PM

about to lose 6 straight to the Coots. I'll take 7-3 thus far in a down year. But as bad as they are, you cant lose to them at home. But we will because this coaching staff cant win the two games a year that matter: FSU and USuC. All the other games are great and look good, but if you dont beat FSU you dont win your division, and we cant beat out biggest rival either.

Re: I think everyone is upset because it looks like we're...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:37 PM

I understand that...but look at where we came from. Did anyone honestly think after 20+ yrs of crap, that we'd be the 2nd coming of Bear Bryant's Bama teams? It doesn't work like that. There are exceptions. But mostly it's built over time. The reggie bush and lienart USC teams didn't happen over night. Look at the road the Irish are traveling to get back. Oregon is still clawing to get to the top of the heap. And these teams have had a lot longer than we have to correct a mess. I mean, an honest question...when we finally got rid of Bowden, what did everyone expect to get and in what timeframe? and did you get any of what you wanted so far? I just think our fan base, and I can be guilty of it at times too, can be REALLY unrealistic.

My question then is, what is realistic? Should we assume

Nov 16, 2014, 12:44 PM

that we can't win these games and no longer get upset? Just settle? I'm happy with how far we've come but if you're asking me to be happy with this result for the next 5 years then I'm going to have to disagree. This season may be wrote off as an unfortunate plethora of injuries and that's fine...but things will have to pick back up very soon. I'm thinking ACC (at least) next year, playoff birth the year after...

It also sucks that losing to the coots looks like a real possibility...even after they've sucked so bad this season...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I think everyone is upset because it looks like we're... ]

So its unrealistic to think we shouldnt lose 6 in a row to USuC? If we couldve beaten them over the last several years then all of this wouldnt be as bad. For all the years we suffered through TB crap teams losing when they shouldnt have, everything was a little better after he beat USuC. Dabo cant do it. He wont this year either. We'll be 2nd best in our state again.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:57 PM

My God, I'm so bad at keeping my mouth shut. YES, I wanna beat the Coots. But do I give two craps that we beat a 0-11 Coot team, or that Yusef kicked one in the head. I watched us beat the Coots so many times I've lost count. And it should continue soon. But does anyone know the Or-OR st winner? How about OKLA-OKLA ST from last year? I would say Mich-OH st..but that one's kinda easy right now. But a lot of people know who OR did or didn't beat in the bowl game..Who beat urban meyer and OH st...oh wait..we did. I'm just saying, i wanna beat the coots, Dabo has to start doing so and not getting schools by Spurttyier, but does none of the good count? LSU, OH st, FINALLY winning the ACC again. A BCS win. I mean people...This program is becoming a power broker in CFB...if you cant see it, you dont know what you're looking at...and you dont know where we were. And people actually are talking fire this, are we in the crapper that...it just boggles my mind, im sorry...

ok. ill stop now. And btw, thanks for having me in the asylum, and I'm glad to be here. lol

How can you be sure we're becoming a power in CFB???

Nov 16, 2014, 1:10 PM

Withour NFL talent all over Chad cant score. And dont look for us to have the type of D that will hold people down like they have this year. This kind of D isnt going to be an every year type of thing. And if we cant beat FSU or USuC, which we clearly cant, then we pretty much concede two losses to start which means we have to beat everyone else to win 1 games. No, I dont see us as a power. Till We can score without NFL players at every position, I dont have any faith in us sustaining what we had the last two years

Re: How can you be sure we're becoming a power in CFB???

Nov 16, 2014, 1:21 PM

Seriously? Will our front on D be as good..no..but theyll be very solid. Our 2ndary is gonna be sick the next couple of years. So its gonna switch alittle.

And the most telling thing...outside of B Dawk, Kirkland, K Adams...name me some more very successful Clemson NFlers from 7 yrs ago or earlier. Now name them all starting from this year back. That's cold hard facts. And dude, we replaced our entire set of skill position players. If anyone thought were gonna still be scoring 45 pts a game, they were kidding theirselves. We're not to that lvl of program yet. We're not Bama...not yet. And Yes, Chad needs to earn his money and show he can do it without a boaload of talent..but as I said...maybe The Chad hire is showing cracks in the armor.

I will agree the Oline is getting maddening. My hope is it's been a combo of bad luck, injuries, and not the best job of focusing on recruiting. I always thought Caldwell was a good coach. Maybe that was me misjudging him. Time will tell, i guess.

Pretty much agree with Kcind...

Nov 16, 2014, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I think everyone is upset because it looks like we're... ]

I will take the Dabo years over the Tommy Bowden era. And yea, I hate losing to the chickens as much a anyone, but look at last year's game. The ONLY reason we lost was SIX turnovers. Spurrier may have out coached Dabo a few times(he's outcoached a lot of other coaches,too!), but not last year.

And this year, it has been an unbelievable run of injuries on the offensive side of the ball, that has been the biggest problem. I admit, Stoudt has been a big disappointment this year. I really thought we would be just fine, even with him at QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it. 0-6, starring us in face is what most are upset

Nov 16, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I think everyone is upset because it looks like we're... ]

about including myself. Kind of selfish because a good kid went down yesterday and football aside, that should be my number 1 reason for being down. I have to be honest with myself, it is the prospect of losing to SCAR that upset me. I am going to attempt to not feel this way any longer. What happens two weeks from now shouldn't matter that much, to anyone

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I think everyone is upset because it looks like we're... ]

Nah only you coots think that

i wish I could give that a thousand thumbs up

Best post in history of tnet

Re: i wish I could give that a thousand thumbs up

Nov 16, 2014, 5:18 PM

Amen

Great post. Funny how the wheels fall off on this board after a loss.

They will point you to the...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:36 PM

...recent record with the Shamecocks. He's 1-5 against spurlid and because he wasn't the official blessed HC at the time most will say he is 0-5. That's a pretty sickening stat...one which has never happened before. You can't cut him slack on this one stat IMHO. Even if it's "not his fault" it is because he's the HC making the big bucks. Personally, I don't understand how they naysayers think that replacing him automagically fixes the problem with his USuC record. He fully understands what a rivalry game is and he understands what it is like to win a NC as well as to play and work in a NC contender environment.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not just USUK***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:38 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

If you are honest with yourself, it pretty much is

Nov 16, 2014, 12:57 PM

Losing to coots and Spurrier specifically that has so many people sickened. Losing to a coach who has some semblance of professionalism is one thing. Losing to Spurrier is another. Dabo made his bed by getting into the dirt with that MF. Now we have to live with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1-8 vs USC and FSU since 2010

Nov 16, 2014, 1:21 PM

4-14 vs teams that go on to win 10 games since 2009

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: They will point you to the...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to They will point you to the... ]

"I don't understand how they naysayers think that replacing him automagically fixes the problem with his USuC record."

I'm not calling for Dabo to be gone at all, but do you really believe that Dabo doesn't get schooled on gameday by the Ol Ball Sack?

I don't think we should ship Dabo out...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:37 PM

and I'm not calling for heads...

but since 2009 we only win 22% of games where the talent level is somewhat equal, based on records.

that's a trend

Re: I don't think we should ship Dabo out...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:45 PM

Ill say this to close...He doesn't get a pass on the fence crappers...I feel it will come back around. My personal opinion is if he's winning 10-11 games a year and slips in the beginning, as he has, vs the Coots, I'm sorry..give me the 11 wins. Thats my opinion and i know it isnt shared by all.

NO WE SHOULDNT BE HAPPY BECAUSE ITS BEEN WORSE. What we should be is excited there's a direction, some sort of movement, to bring us back to glory. AGAIN, for years we didn't have this. AND WE WERE ALL JUST SAUNTERING BY WITH THE TEAM, LOST. There's improvement. Of course it should continue, but geez. I mean, were any of you people at the game when we lost to Maryland 13-12 for no #### reason. I guess we were supposed to fire Tommy and go on a 3 outta 5 NC run...Hell, I don't know. Sorry if ya'll don't agree..This long time fan sees things as Ive stated.

Re: I don't think we should ship Dabo out...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:51 PM

Great post.

Great post Nick! I do believe that we are very close to

Nov 16, 2014, 12:41 PM

becoming something special, but that last few inches is always the toughest.

Go Tigers!!

????***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:41 PM

If by special you mean 2-3 plays away from being a

Nov 16, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Great post Nick! I do believe that we are very close to ]

5 loss team right now, then yes.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

By that rational we are 3-4 plays away from being a one

Nov 16, 2014, 12:51 PM

or two loss team

Re: By that rational we are 3-4 plays away from being a one

Nov 16, 2014, 12:52 PM

Have you watched us play? We're literally not a top 50 team right now even with a top 3 defense.

yeah, i'm sure that's what the committee is

Nov 16, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to By that rational we are 3-4 plays away from being a one ]

thinking right about now.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I think we were 4-5 plays from being in the playoffs...

Nov 16, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to By that rational we are 3-4 plays away from being a one ]

;)

ThX NICK for great harange..and getting me squared uP..

Nov 16, 2014, 1:06 PM

For the run @ the Coots...and not mentioning again my wish that SwaG Kelly was here to bail us oUT! My bad!

GoTiGERS...everywhere!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great post Nick! I do believe that we are very close to

Nov 16, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Great post Nick! I do believe that we are very close to ]

Uh

Re: Great post Nick! I do believe that we are very close to

Nov 18, 2014, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Great post Nick! I do believe that we are very close to ]

Oh we're special all right.

Good post. I don't blame Dabo. He fixed our defense

Nov 16, 2014, 12:47 PM

by hiring the right man. IMHO, Brent Venables is the most valuable person among all of our team members, players and coaches, and that includes Dabo.

We do have a problem in our offense, and have had for a number of years. We fans can point out specifics, from not recruiting enough good O linemen to Morris's play calling. These, however, are symptoms. It is up to Dabo to fix the problem, and I hope he doesn't wait until we have a WV moment to do so.

BV is a great DC...

Nov 18, 2014, 8:25 AM

but don't kid yourself. It takes a long time to build a defense from nothing. I love all the kids we had five years ago but most of them wouldn't be backups on this team. The quality of recruits is just as much on Dabo as Brent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here here!!

Nov 16, 2014, 12:48 PM

Well said, bravo

Here here!!

Nov 16, 2014, 12:48 PM

Well said, bravo

Chad was running Deshaun BECAUSE IT WORKED.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:50 PM

I mean, for ****'s sake. It's one thing to come on to this board to ****** and whine about how Deshaun was running into a brick wall and getting hammered, but the guy was running through gaps and picking up 5 to 7 yards a shot. When he was hurt, it was on a NON CONTACT play.

How is it working out for us now?***

Nov 16, 2014, 12:52 PM

Re: How is it working out for us now?***

Nov 16, 2014, 1:03 PM

I know it worked. So did running Lattimore 35 times a game. So did working the crap outta RGIII. At the pace yeaterday, he wouldve run about 24-30 times and passed about the same number. If you think he could do that every week and be OK, youre nuts. True frosh, responsible for approx 55-65 plays HIMSELF. Yeeep. That;s gonna work real well for 12, 13, 14,15 games.

Exactly.The same thing could have happened during warmups.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Chad was running Deshaun BECAUSE IT WORKED. ]

And it did in the UGA game.

Guess we need to stop warmups too, so TEs don't get injured.***

Nov 16, 2014, 1:39 PM

Nov 16, 2014, 12:54 PM

Fantastic post Nick. We are close in age, I was at Clemson in the late 80s "glory days". Dabo is not perfect, but I agree this is alot more fun than the Bowden years

Nov 16, 2014, 1:07 PM

Great Post!! I feel exactly the same as yourself.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:12 PM

And for the record, I know how much the losses again and again to the Coots upset people. My Father-in-law is a 'just beat USC and dang the rest' kinda guy. I'm sorry, myself, I place more value on the LSU win, the OH St win, the ACC chmpnshp, and the BCS win, than the devalue I place on us for the USC losses. I know im in the minority on this way of viewing our rivalry game, but that's the way I feel about it.

And people, they will NEVER even get close to equaling our wins in the series. I'll bet you my house and first born on it. It will correct itself, as sure as it's hot as hell the first game of the year.

Couldn't sit through...

Nov 16, 2014, 1:17 PM

your entire post, but I think I get the gest of it.

But I was one of those that it took a couple years to finally warm up to Dabo's hire.
But, we got through it. Now..
Moving forward, the only thing left for Dabo (right now)- is beating the Coots.
Otherwise, he has done a good job.
Fast forward to 2014.

As a business, changes need to be made as time goes on.
Might be time to make some changes again/ not with Dabo, but on the staff.
If you're not moving forward, you're moving backward.

anyways....

isn't it basketball season now ;)

Re: Couldn't sit through...

Nov 16, 2014, 1:23 PM

I couldnt agree more, Prime T.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:26 PM

I agree with EVERYTHING you just said. IMO, Dabo is the best thing to happen to Clemson since Danny Ford. To those who say they are happy with 1-10, just as long as you beat the coots, you are no better than the coot fans, you are just like them, so please leave now. I'd rather lose to SC for the next 100 years with a classy coach that loves this University and his players, than beat SC year after year with a coach with no class like a "Spurrier." Where do y'all think Spurrier will be in a few years for alumni meetings? It sure as #### won't be Durham, or Columbia. Dabo WANTS to be here...I believe he would coach for 1/2 of what he's paid. That's what makes us true fans and this University special. The Clemson family...that's what it is. If some of you want to whine over a loss to a really good Ga Tech team with all the injuries we have, then go to Wal-Mart, get you some "####" gear and a cheap towel to wave, and go to the concrete jungle and watch a chicken appear from behind a shower curtain like a bad magic trick while listening to a 1970s era movie theme. Im sorry, but I'm sick of all the "calling for Dabo's head" when all the man has done is win and love Clemson. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:30 PM

I'll say this...after reading the rssponses...Poeple are upset with his record against FSU and USC. OK. Bowden did real well vs those 2, but couldnt beat the crap teams on our schedule. Soooooo..

The only way everyone will be TOTALLY cool with Dabo is if he beats FSU and USC at a high %, beats the little sisters of the poor and wins our bowl games.

I hate to break it to ya, folks...You were gonna be disappointed no matter what. We weren't ready to go 11-1 7 str8 yrs and we're not ready to 12-0 3 str8 yrs. We will be..but we're not. Gotta be realistic guys and see how hard that is for us AND everyone else. I mean, seriously yall. Im not resting on our laurels, but being unhappy with anything less than 6 outta 10 yrs of near perfection..Thats not us yet. It's only been us for one beautiful run in the 80's for 7-8 yrs. Just sayin..

Great post.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:06 PM

Thank you.

leaving Cole in shows he's not learning***

Nov 16, 2014, 2:07 PM

Re: leaving Cole in shows he's not learning***

Nov 16, 2014, 2:21 PM

Give me this...cuz I cant watch Cole play another down without stabbing my eyes with a screwdriver...BUT...everyone is upset that Cole didnt get yanked quick enough. How about let's withhold judgment til we see Nick play a full game. He may be the much better answer..but what I saw yesterday was a QB with a VERY LONG looping arm motion and not a whole lot more quickness than Cole. Again, before some idiot says anything, Nick may be the answer and God, I hope so. But I need to see more before I say he's any better option than Cole. Yesterday, sure, Dabo shoulda come get me to sling it around. But long term, Nick may be worse in a game after game after game situation. If thats so, then youre just screwing up your only option (Cole) even more.

Truth is, we may not have any option. Neither should be the starting QB at Clemson U. The McNeal injury, Swag being a d&#khead, and Chad not (seemingly) being able to coach up Cole at all are killing us right now. I hope I'm wrong as heck, but it may just be a big ole pill we gotta swallow right now. I do hope Nick has something, just not sure he does yet.

Ugh ..... is he for or against Dabo? I'm confused.*

Nov 16, 2014, 2:16 PM

nm

He's for Clemson !! ***

Nov 16, 2014, 2:17 PM

nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way TL:DR. All you Dabo lovers are making me somewhat ill.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:19 PM

He's a frickin' walk-on 'Bama WR.

The only way Clemson will win the national championship would be to hire Jon Gruden.

You might get a lot of TigerNet points praising Dabo but facts are facts, man.

He's just another 'Bama boy that won't be lucky enough to recruit a decent enough offensive line to keep the dominant teams out of the backfield long enough to win another ACC championship, let alone win a national title at Clemson.

Clemson seems to have peaked & now we are seeing that at best Clemson will be the 2nd best team in the conference. AT BEST. This year Clemson is not the best or 2nd best team in the ACC.

Your enthusiasm is commendable, however.

Re: Way TL:DR. All you Dabo lovers are making me somewhat ill.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:20 PM

good pld louie le idiot

Re: Way TL:DR. All you Dabo lovers are making me somewhat ill.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Way TL:DR. All you Dabo lovers are making me somewhat ill. ]

Sorry bro. Wrong for so many reasons. First, I dont care if he carried Sandusky's jockstrap as long as he wins games. 2ndly, the o-line is about to get a big boost from this years freshman and incoming frosh next year. If healthy, Watson will be the best QB in the country next year. And our secondary is gona be pretty 'lock-down' for the next 2 years.

Furthormore, without Jamies "I hate that guy so much" Winston, FSU is 9-3 AT BEST. So they got a good QB. If healthy, now we'll have one. Didn't mean to say you're outright wrong, but I certainly disagree from my view of things.

But to say we're about to sink down, this is the best itll be, we'll never win a NC...Dabo or not..You gotta see that we're gonna be in the conversation in the coming years. At least, I feel it's obvious. Again, all just my opinions.

Clemson is always in the conversation; &'ll always get the

Nov 16, 2014, 2:35 PM

best skill position recruits. The problem is is that there will never be enough to get over that top-5 hump & to have a solid enough offensive line unit.

Beating LSU literally took a miracle.

Clemson is certainly capable of miracles.

This is why I believe in Clemson.

However, let's be realistic here. Dabo has proven that his offensive line units are horrendous & are laughable to the likes of the SEC powerhouses.

Until I see an offensive line worth a dang, I'm not sold on Dabo.

& that's just the way I feel.

Re: Clemson is always in the conversation; &'ll always get the

Nov 16, 2014, 2:46 PM

I respect your opinion and we'll just agree to disagree on some things..but Louie..'Always' in the conversation. Bro, how so? Only in the last 2 yrs has the 4 letter network began to take us seriously and there were years upon years before recently where we weren't in the convo, weren't talked about, weren't considered, and weren't taken seriously at all...at all at all..lol. Surely you agree with that.

Nov 16, 2014, 3:07 PM

Give it up. Louie admits that he got his high rating by posting on the social part of the board years ago. Claims to be a Clemson fan, I haven't seen it. You will get better results by arguing with your dog, at least it will come to you for some love after you do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Nov 17, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Clemson is always in the conversation; &'ll always get the ]

Come on Louie, don't you think that Dabo & Co. tries to get the top Oline recruits to come to Clemson?
You make it sound like that they don't even try.

What do you would like them to do, hold a gun on them and make them sign with Clemson?

Boston College shouldn't have a better running game than

Nov 18, 2014, 8:16 AM

Clemson.

Point blank, bruv.

Point blank.

I'd like to go Frankie the Fist on you

Nov 17, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Way TL:DR. All you Dabo lovers are making me somewhat ill. ]

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:30 PM

Great post Nick. Been a Tiger fan longer but could not say it better. I wouldn't trade Dabo, Chad, and Brent for any out there. They do things the right way and treat people with respect and expect others to do the same and do their part. I wish that I had the opportunity to work with individuals like this in my profession but it's not even close.

Thanks again for a great post.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:33 PM

tl;dr
GO TIGERS BEAT GAMEPEEPEES!

Nov 16, 2014, 5:30 PM

ALL IN WITH YOU!!!!!!

I didn't make it thru

Nov 16, 2014, 6:09 PM

All that's left of this season and all that matters is Nov 29th. That's it. And move on to a new season. The bowl game won't even matter.

Well said. Point for you***

Nov 17, 2014, 9:33 AM

Thanks for posting, Nick

Nov 17, 2014, 1:51 PM

Tiger grad ('80) and fan since 1970. I've seen some bad Clemson teams, but we will be fine in people will calm down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Run that by us again!

Nov 17, 2014, 2:01 PM

nm

Nov 17, 2014, 8:17 PM

Well said Nick. 1984 graduate here so I went throught the good times and Dabo has elevated the state of our program. I can tell you living in FL that we definitely are a cut above. We are not perfect and we aren't there yet but we are on the right track. Dabo does it the right way and our players are held accountable for their actions. I surely don't see that here in FL (FSU) sadly. I agree and was a bit surprised at the work load coming back for DW (running load). Bottom line is Dabo is a believer in our traditions and those coaches you mentioned are certainly not.

Nov 17, 2014, 8:28 PM

Great post! Btw...I was the # 100 TU!!!

:)

Nov 17, 2014, 9:15 PM

1972 grad here and have been waiting for someone to spell it out like I see things. We have had a once in a lifetime year with injuries, mostly on the offense. I can't blame the coaches for this. I am to the point that I say hold Watson out of the coot game even if the doctors say he can play. An aggravation of the knee or worse a full ACL tear would be very hard to accept. Play him in the bowl I say.....Jaybird4

Nov 17, 2014, 9:52 PM

Just pray that he overrules the "medical staff" if they clear DW to play if he's not sufficiently recovered aka Willie Korn.

Nov 17, 2014, 10:33 PM

You should not have brought Jesus into a rambling dissertation of Clemson football.

Best post I have ever read on TNet, PERIOD.***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:38 PM

Great post and I think you are on the

Nov 18, 2014, 12:34 AM

mark. But ..... please leave Jesus out of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 8:14 AM

Well said. I agree 100%. I challenge the other 10 players on offense to step up their game and pass protect, block for our running backs. How many times have we seen ole blocking on a pass play. Come on guys, just because DW is out doesn't mean you can quit! Step u your gamè!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 87
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic